Williams Winter, Spring and into Summer NA-t Build :)

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
well if the ecu is fried that would help quite a bit. I think i may have said earlier, it could have shorted out very easily. before you do anything id say test that!! if i had a car still, id send you mine while my car was out, cause if i still had it i dont think itd be on the road anytime soon haha.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
p706281_1.jpg

Its out of my hands now....Chris is driving home right now. All i want to do is text him and see how my cars doing, its driving me crazy!

But im not going to harass him, maybe ill text him around 10 to make sure he (and my car) got home a o k.

Time to go move my New TIG welder downstairs.....:icon_bigg

O and chris, i was alittle to busy being worried about my car, and i completly forgot to give you (and your cool bro) money for gas and all that shit. So im sending it UPS to your house.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
hey, i got home a little while ago. we left my place at 4am, got to will's at 5:58, put the hood on, grabbed some misc. bits and pieces, and we were home at 8:30. :) not bad!

all went well on the way home. the car sits patiently in my driveway until i can get a chance to crack the hood and take care of bidness. ;)

and the "safe at shaeffhaven" pic:
p706309_1.jpg

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Kylar27 said:
So is this thing done yet or what :biglaugh:

Just playin, did you guys figure out what the problem is?

Chris is going to begin working on it and see if he can figure it out. If he comes up blank, the cars probably gonna be sold, or go JZ. But lets not htink about that, cause chris knows what size every single bolt in the car is, and the tq spec for each and every single one ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
will, the timing belt and tensioner total came to $115.26 with my discount from the dealership. it should be in on tuesday at the latest. i'll probably throw my new belt on there tomorrow, and put the new tensioner on when it comes in on tuesday (and use the t-belt to replace my new spare)

i'll have it all apart and ready to put the tensioner on probably tonight or tomorrow morning, and in the meantime i'll be checking everything over.

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Alright sounds good.

Do you want a money order for tuesday, or me to pay for everything when i get the car in cash?

Edit: I feel, empty now. This is the longest my car hasn't been home. Its always been within 15 minutes of my view or my house.....

:( Take good care of her Chris!

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
^^^ Pick your ass up off the floor and slap yourself in the face. jk Will

Glad to hear the progess.:icon_razz

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
s383mmber1 said:
Chris is going to begin working on it and see if he can figure it out. If he comes up blank, the cars probably gonna be sold, or go JZ. But lets not htink about that, cause chris knows what size every single bolt in the car is, and the tq spec for each and every single one ;)

Dont give up man, ;) You got the hard part done, now you just have to work out some bugs. Double check all the used parts you got for the swap, never know something could be bad.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
so, i just got done working on will's car. i found the problem. i won't say what it is until i talk to him first. it's not good though, and i'm not sure if i can fix it easily, or in any short amount of time.

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
This is a, pretty terrible...

I dont really fully understand what happened, how it happened, why it happened, when it happened, or how we can fix it. But thanks for not posting it Chris, i appreciate it. PM sent

THe weird thing is ive never really heard anyone having this happen to them, it just doesnt seem like a good thing at all.

Time to get ready to pull the motor again :(

Kylar27

Supra Lover
Oct 2, 2005
Connecticut
s383mmber1 said:
This is a, pretty terrible...

I dont really fully understand what happened, how it happened, why it happened, when it happened, or how we can fix it. But thanks for not posting it Chris, i appreciate it. PM sent

THe weird thing is ive never really heard anyone having this happen to them, it just doesnt seem like a good thing at all.

Time to get ready to pull the motor again :(

So........what happend? Whats the problem????

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i'll wait for will to give me the O.K. on posting pics of the problem. i should have them hosted tomorrow after i get off work. i think, after further inspection and cleaning, that i might be able to fix it. i've been doing lots of research of other vehicles with the same problem, and how they've been fixing it.

stopping by the autoparts store after i get off tomorrow. i'll see if they have anything that'll suit our needs. if so, we're golden, and i'll have the car running and functional by this weekend.

on a side note: will, when i do get it running, are you planning to register/insure it, put plates on it and drive it home? or do you want me to tow it back (which wouldn't be a problem, so don't feel bad!)

on another side note: assuming all goes well, it'll probably run before the weekend, as it only took me 15 minutes to find the problem, and will only take another hour to get the car running properly after i get the timing belt/tensioner installed. i'm letting you know now, that i'm going to drive it up and down my road a LOT to make sure it's fully functional before i give it back to you. so, if you recorded the miles on it to see if i drive it around, i'm telling you now that i plan on it ;)

i live on a back road that's about a mile long, and my cousin's a cop who lives very close to me, so getting caught isn't a problem;)

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
If you get it resolved, dont boost much as i never put in my fuel pump :( I didn't have time....

And i would definatly want you to tow it back if possible....PM me about when you want monies. Should i just give it to you in person?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
will, i'll keep a tally/receipts of the cost, and let you know the total, and have the receipts to back it up.

that being said, here are the HUGE pics:

what my friend said when he saw the crank pulley.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

the key for the key way:
p710010_1.jpg

p710010_2.jpg