Williams Winter, Spring and into Summer NA-t Build :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ ya know, i never even thought about that...

will, check to make sure the plug wires are on the right coils/plugs! look it up in the TSRM, as i think the #'s are worn off your coilpacks.

i didn't even think about that since i didn't wire those up!

that shouldn't affect timing, but it would certainly make it a bitch to start/run.

-shaeff

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
shaeff said:
^ ya know, i never even thought about that...

will, check to make sure the plug wires are on the right coils/plugs! look it up in the TSRM, as i think the #'s are worn off your coilpacks.

i didn't even think about that since i didn't wire those up!

that shouldn't affect timing, but it would certainly make it a bitch to start/run.

-shaeff

CHecked that much earlier today :)

As long as the pistons go back 1 2 3 4 5 6 then they are all fine....

Im running out of ideas....and patiance...and am not very happy about haveing no ride :(

This car is really not turning out to be to much fun.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Im sure youve heard it before, but thats how project cars go!! I felt about the same way when all my tools were stolen, and i got rid of my car, and that was a bad idea. I want it back so bad now! And some other things to check out, test the coils/wires(you prob have already), shaeff can try his ecu cause its likely that got shorted out at some point, do the timing belt, make sure the cams and CPS are timed to TDC, check simple things like the plugs, make sure everything is plugged in and grounded where its supposed to, make sure no fuses are popped... etc. Do you have a voltmeter? not in the car...the handheld tester kind?

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Will check your igniter ground it is grounded through the case, Unbolt it and sand under it and remount it . JJ has a write up on here somewhere. Good Luck Will and dont give up you will get through this.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ oddly enough, i was going to try that on his car. i just did it to mine today after i re-located the ignitor, injector resistor, and (wiper relay?)

-shaeff

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Dont worry will. I can almost guarantee Chris will get her running. He's a good dude and has helped me on several occasions. I just can't wait until he finishes his project!

Mo

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
shaeff said:
^ oddly enough, i was going to try that on his car. i just did it to mine today after i re-located the ignitor, injector resistor, and (wiper relay?)

-shaeff
Hey Chris ,I will try to keep throwing ideas out there as i think of them. Good Luck and i think you helping Will out is supra kool of you. John:icon_bigg

Isphius

May 30, 2006
long branch
shaeff and/or will, let me know when your going to meet up again...I will come check it out. I want to check out your car in person and see if i can help do anything on it, Your only like an hour and a half away, not as far as I thought. Dunno if you did this yet, but if you have a tsrm or haynes manual, ill go over every connetion on the car with a voltmeter for you. I found several problems on my car that way, and it makes it much less frsutrating to diagnose. I learned the last few things/posts i told you from suprra_girl actually, and she knows her stuff!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
mo- thanks, i can't wait either. i have a feeling it's going to be pretty sick!

hooked- thanks man. i'm sure we'll get it running. i'd still really like to tow it to my place though, so i have all my tools at my disposal, and can work on it every day... the ECU grounds under the intake are secure. i made a distinct point of making them nice and tight when we dropped the motor back in.

Isphius- i'm also about an hour and a half away from will. :)

i'm still banking on a bet timing belt tensioner and stretched belt- or something of the like.

oh well, lunch is over, back to my pickup for more maintenance. ...

-shaeff

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
That exacty is going on with the car ? Will or Chris can you tell us any more ?
From what i understand it starts and runs good above 1000 rpm then is hard to start. I am thinking timing Chris.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
oh i know timing is the issue. when i put the timing light on it, the mark was at about 11 o'clock if looking at it straight forward. it's WAY advanced.

-shaeff

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
I had that same problem before reading about 15 degrees after top dead center and i pulled the cps and move it 1 tooth and its been running great ,

Isphius

May 30, 2006
long branch
dont forget the mark is on the crank while the cps is on the the cam.... once a small block chain is broken in a timing light is useless. But if your gona replace the belt anyway, go for it! I would say just try to time it by seeing how the car runs instead of relying on the timing light. just keeping playing with the CPS till it starts up.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
I get paid kinnda soon, and im going to pick up a new timing belt, and tensioner....well see from there, as for now, im just going over every single ground on the car, making sure everythings plugged in, and im going to go pick up a solderer....

Isphius

May 30, 2006
long branch
itll run...that prob the best feeling in the world haha, like the first time i drove my monte carlo after 4 years of work, and seeing how much faster it was over the stock 160hp 305, and its still only like half done and now its getting the engine pulled and junked, but oh well. My dad is putting the motor in a 66 nova, so i guess thats slightly better. I cant wait to get a supra again, and really do something with it.