Police harrasment

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
no, they DON'T have a right to ask you where you are going, that's you're 4th Amendment rights

A seizure is not constituted by merely approaching the individual on the street or in another public place, and asking him if he is willing to answer some questions, or by asking him questions if he seems willing to listen, or by offering in evidence in a criminal prosecution his voluntary answers to such questions. The person approached, however, does not have to answer any questions under these circumstances; he can simply walk away.[15] He may not be detained even momentarily without reasonable, objective grounds for doing so; and his refusal to listen or answer does not, without more, furnish those grounds.[16]

A person is seized within the meaning of the Fourth Amendment only when by means of physical force or show of authority his freedom of movement is restrained, and in the circumstances surrounding the incident, a reasonable person would believe that he was not free to leave.[17] If the police are questioning someone, and they remain free to disregard the questions and walk away, there has been no intrusion upon the person's liberty or privacy, and for Fourth Amendment purposes--there has been no seizure.[17]

The other video clearly shows search and seizure that broke his 4th amendment rights. In the other case, he felt he was NOT free to go (as would anyone else in the situation), so it was a seizure.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
Fire that stupid pig. I was harrased like that before. I was pulled over for a suposive taillight failure. I had the officer check again and of course they worked fine. He then said my exhaust was "faulty". I explained to him it was brand new and that I installed it the day before. (side note: I have 3" turbo back with rs-r catback) He then ran my id and insurrance then proceeded to write me a ticket for faulty exhaust. I asked him why he thought my exhaust was faulty, he told me he "thought" it was too loud. to make this story shorter I had the ticket thrown out because in my state of CT the exhaust loudness law is 15 years old and they have no way to test it. Since the office THOUGHT it was too loud (opinion and not the state mandated 78db STONE AGE limit). :) F'ing PIGs are trash

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
this is stupid...
if you get off without a ticket, then who the fuck cares? man up, and stop being a damn pussy, whats the matter? does it make you want to cry to mommy because the mean cop was yelling? :icon_frow

fuck whoever doesnt like cops, you need to stop being so stupid, and just go fast where its wise to go fast.

cops are here for a fucking reason.. and one day when they find you and save your life, you will change your mind.

I would be grouchy/irratable too, if i was putting MY ass on the line everyday, for silly kids that like to drive a little fast.

Sure.. some might abuse power... but deal with it, its gunna keep happening.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Lol, these threads where pseudo adults who've been driving a few years and have zero experience in LE work suddenly become legal eagles crack me up no end. Some of you are looking dumber by the post.

As for the vid what we have there is a typical contempt of cop situation. While the officer displayed a distinct lack of professionalism I understand where he was coming from and it was a pleasure to see yet another wise ass punk put in his place. No doubt he wasn't the first one the cop had to deal with during his shift.

As for the OP, his parents should be slapped...

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Nomad707 said:
this is stupid...
if you get off without a ticket, then who the fuck cares? man up, and stop being a damn pussy, whats the matter? does it make you want to cry to mommy because the mean cop was yelling? :icon_frow

fuck whoever doesnt like cops, you need to stop being so stupid, and just go fast where its wise to go fast.

cops are here for a fucking reason.. and one day when they find you and save your life, you will change your mind.

I would be grouchy/irratable too, if i was putting MY ass on the line everyday, for silly kids that like to drive a little fast.

The guy that was pulled over cares, obviously. Wouldn't you be pretty pissed off if a cop treated you that way? It doesn't matter anyway, the cop should NOT have acted that way, or broken the guy's 4th amendment rights...so wether or not the guy who was pulled over cares...it was still wrong, and the cop was doing and saying things he NEVER should have.

And "Putting your ass on the line, everyday for silly kids" doesn't make what he did okay.

and for the record, I don't hate all cops...I just dislike the ones that abuse the power they have been given by us, the people.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
my best friend is a cop, so I can understand their view. But the kid was fully in his rights and knew it, and cop was plain out of line to the point of assault.

I've seen cops roll through stop signs and I report them. They aren't above the law and they should be setting examples.

FYI: I dislike ANYONE that abuses their power and try to stay away from them or have them held accountable for their actions.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
most police officers and traffic officers are not all bad. ive seen a lot of mistreating of innocent civilians and have experienced it first hand. i still respect the police and their purpose. sometimes life can be cruel, but shit happens! learn your rights and remember them!

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
jetjock said:
Lol, these threads where pseudo adults who've been driving a few years and have zero experience in LE work suddenly become legal eagles crack me up no end. Some of you are looking dumber by the post.

So you think what the officer did was acceptable? Do you have a law degree, Gary?

jetjock said:
As for the vid what we have there is a typical contempt of cop situation. While the officer displayed a distinct lack of professionalism I understand where he was coming from and it was a pleasure to see yet another wise ass punk put in his place. No doubt he wasn't the first one the cop had to deal with during his shift.

It seems as if you agree with the actions of the police officer in the video? I think what he displayed in the video was a little bit more than a "lack of professionalism". Also, I didn't see the "wise ass punk" do anything that could have justified the officer's outburst.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Nomad707 said:
this is stupid...

From the way you talk, you sound pretty tough, but you have No clue what the hell your talking about!

Come on guys, if you were just driving, and decide to pull in a Community parking lot, and sit for a sec, and there wasnt anybody else in the parking lot to make it look suspicious at all, and a cop came up on you and started yelling at you, and saying he can think of 9 diff things to write the kid up for, then he was trying to tell the kid that he didnt use his turn signal when in the video clearly shows that he did, plus he was out of his jurisdiction, im surprised the kid kept his cool, plus he knew he had his camera recording, so he knew he was in the safe zone so he was playing it smart.

If a cop come up to me in a parkin lot, when im absolutly doing nothing, and started asking me personal questions, yea im gonna be a smart ass and tell him that he has no bussiness in where im about to go!!!and that cop for sure wasnt puttin his life at risk by askin a random kid a bunch of stupid ass questions.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Sounds like some people here are cops, that's the only reason someone would defend them even though I've said there are good police out there. Why is it so bad that people are outraged when a cop breaks the law? Because they have a lot of fucking power, if you keep letting power hungry cops step on you, you're gonna give them more and more confidence.

Also anyone who said the kid was a smartass, yes he was BUT AS YOU CAN TELL IF YOU ACTUALLY VIEWED THE VIDEO THE OFFICER WAS FIRST TO RAISE HIS VOICE AND MAKE A VERY STEREOTYPICAL COMMENT "YOUR DRIVING A SUSPICIOUS CAR".

Jetjock you must be a cop or some figure of authority because you have made such an innaccurate statement. First you classified the kid as "some punk", so kids that try to show what really goes on in his town during a traffic stop is a "punk move"? Your obviously just looking at the kids age and making assumptions as it shows, and then you go on to explain how you wished his parents should harm him for catching a crooked cop, you are very irrational and mean-hearted, so if you were stopped in the same situation you would praise police for "protecting" you?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
7Mboost said:
Also anyone who said the kid was a smartass, yes he was BUT AS YOU CAN TELL IF YOU ACTUALLY VIEWED THE VIDEO THE OFFICER WAS FIRST TO RAISE HIS VOICE AND MAKE A VERY STEREOTYPICAL COMMENT "YOUR DRIVING A SUSPICIOUS CAR".

And he was. Most cops would take notice of any car wandering around a nearly empty parking lot at 2am. The approach of questioning and outburst of authority is unnaccectable but initial reason for suspicion, is not.

7Mboost said:
Jetjock you must be a cop or some figure of authority because you have made such an innaccurate statement. First you classified the kid as "some punk", so kids that try to show what really goes on in his town during a traffic stop is a "punk move"? Your obviously just looking at the kids age and making assumptions as it shows, and then you go on to explain how you wished his parents should harm him for catching a crooked cop, you are very irrational and mean-hearted, so if you were stopped in the same situation you would praise police for "protecting" you?

What's the problem with "Figures of authority"?
Sound's like you just feel rebelling is the "cool thing to do"? So immediatly a cop or parent's and teacher's aren't cool.
And I believe he said YOUR parents should be slapped, not the kid's parents should slap him... lol.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
If I pulled into an EMPTY lot @ 2am, I would expect the policeman to be suspicious. I would expect him to approach me and ask what I was doing. I would have told him what I was doing and I would hope that would satisfy him.

That's what I think should happen. This cop lost his cool very quickly and unjustly.

JJ, I know if an officer approached you, asked for an ID, and then started to yell and scream about taking you in for "various" reasons, you would freak out.

I would have called 911 about 10 seconds after stepping out of the vehicle.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
by judging some of the posts so far there is a definate line of "what to do and not do during a trasffic stop"
in this age of of terrorism and perverts,the cop has the right to be suspicious of anyone he feels like.we all want the feeling of freedom,but dont want to have to deal with what it takes to HAVE that freedom.
what was the kid doing in the parking lot at 2 am?
is this kid carrying a nuke or C4 in his trunk?
why is this kid giving me an attitude right off the bat? that gives rise to the cop right there that he should be aware. from what i have seen in his videos,this is the second one where he's giving a cop his attitude.he's pravoking an incident for whatever reason,and finally found a cop who was more than happy to to give in. i said it before,the cop was wrong in every way on his attitude.
the other video was a dui checkpoint,easy to go through if you have nothing to hide.the cop asks where he's headed,possibly an attempt to see if the kid had been drinking by asking simple questions about the area,whatever.
he pulls up to the check point officer and rolls down his window a few inches,the cop approaches and says;
Officer #1: How are you tonight sir?
Brett: Hi.
Officer #1: Can you put your window down for me.
(I roll the window ALL the way down.)
Officer #1: Do you have a driver's license and proof of insurance?
(I begin to get my information out of my wallet)
Officer #1: Where you headed tonight?
Brett: I don't wish to discuss my personal life with you officer.
Officer #1: Alright, come on up here.
"I don't wish to discuss my personal life with you officer"
oh,lets not start this with an attitude,the cop does not give a shit about your mommy or your daddy or sister susie,he's trying to acertain wheter or not he's been drinking or on drugs! the rolling down of the window was the first clue to the cop. smoking pot in there?hmm,lets get some more info on this guy,then comes the "i dont wanna",shit i would have pulled his ass out of the car too! who does this kid think he is? jonny rebel? fight the authourity? rage against the machine? this kid has alterior motives,the camera(for street racing?)and why is the camera facing the windshield? why not get a better shot of whats going on by facing it to the rear,or side shot?
very suspicious...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
MassSupra89 said:
And he was. Most cops would take notice of any car wandering around a nearly empty parking lot at 2am. The approach of questioning and outburst of authority is unnaccectable but initial reason for suspicion, is not.

What's the problem with "Figures of authority"?
Sound's like you just feel rebelling is the "cool thing to do"? So immediatly a cop or parent's and teacher's aren't cool.
And I believe he said YOUR parents should be slapped, not the kid's parents should slap him... lol.

Sorry I shouldn't fight for my rights, I won't ever fight a case I'll just believe every cop is right everytime, I'll admit to anything he says/thinks I'm doing........uh NO!

And slapping my parents? more violence for someone who was completely innocent ok that makes you sound very mature defending this cop who was about ready to fuck this kid up. I also like how you responded for someone when a post wasn't directed at you. Why do you think, that I think its cool to be "rebellious"?(which I'm not, so thanks for judging me) Better yet I already said (at least 3 times) by now that I DO respect good cops, not bad ones, what's wrong with that? Should I supporting cops going around THREATENING, TAUNTING, and HARASSING kids? I just wanna keep the bad cops off the street is that too much to ask?

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
That video is shocking.

I think every young person with a sports car has had their share of harassment by police officers. Especially if its a high end or a "fancy looking" sports car. I know I have..

I think the officer in this video had no right to speak to the "boy" as he did. He should no longer be able to serve on any police force. Serve and protect, not harass and assault!

Everyone should treat each person they meet exactly how they would like to be treated.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
For the record, this police officer acted inappropriately. Whether or not he deserves to get fired is open for debate, but some disiplinary action is warranted.
Have any of you watched this kids other video of him getting stopped at a DWI checkpoint? This guy has a camera in his car for the sole purpose of capturing a reaction after antagonizing a police officer and he hit pay dirt. Now he is all over the TV and You Tube just like he wanted to be. This kid had an agenda.

I also think it's funny how everyone hates cops until they need one.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the Off Topic Lounge?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
OneJoeZee said:
Try being a black guy driving a black sports car, then we'll talk.

I get rolled in my own fucking neighborhood every so often.

Don't even get me started about driving in the city of Los Angeles. I won't even take my Supra there anymore. Recipe for disaster.

You guys think getting profiled for driving a Supra with a loud exhaust is bad. lol :nono:

Carry on...

Joe, from reading your past posts, I find you to be one of the more articulate members on this forum. I can you see talking your way out of anything.;)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
7Mboost said:
Sorry I shouldn't fight for my rights, I won't ever fight a case I'll just believe every cop is right everytime, I'll admit to anything he says/thinks I'm doing........uh NO!

And slapping my parents? more violence for someone who was completely innocent ok that makes you sound very mature defending this cop who was about ready to fuck this kid up. I also like how you responded for someone when a post wasn't directed at you. Why do you think, that I think its cool to be "rebellious"?(which I'm not, so thanks for judging me) Better yet I already said (at least 3 times) by now that I DO respect good cops, not bad ones, what's wrong with that? Should I supporting cops going around THREATENING, TAUNTING, and HARASSING kids? I just wanna keep the bad cops off the street is that too much to ask?

Did I ever say to give up rights? No. He had every reason to question a suspicious car in a commuter lot at 2am. And the driver's right's are not violated.

This is your problem and why I responded to you about JJ's comment. You can't seem to read the post as it is directed.
My judgement about your rebellious/anti authority I believe is justified by your "No-one would defend a cop unless you were a cop" statement.

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
supraman7mgte said:
in this age of of terrorism and perverts,the cop has the right....

the is the lamest excuse ever. thats exactly what they want to you to do. be scared of terrorists while they limit your rights.

be scared america terrorists are out to bomb empty parking lots in st. luis

now about the video the cop was definitely out of line, but i have to agree that that kid looks like he is doing these videos on purpose. however that does not matter as police officers are paid to enforce the law and trained to know the law, and should be prepared to deal with smart ass people as it is part of their job. they can not loose their cool just because someone is trying to provoke them. and if this guy does videos like that maybe cops will understand that they are there to serve us not the other way. and maybe some asshole cop will see this video and think twice next time he wants to do something like that. and the worst part i think is that the police car video is gone