Police harrasment

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
JustAnotherVictim: If you would've read this thread you would see that I've had nothing but respect for police who actually do their job, I do not have that for traffic cops, although I'm not going to try to start an arguement, yes that is stupid. Again read before you write.

Some off top of my head buy and sell deals:
88 Camaro
88 RX7 turbo
1 Talon dsm, 1 Eclipse fwd pos
90's Geo Tracker (forget the year)
91 Tracer
87 Corolla (4ac, rwd)
87 Subaru DL (on button 4WD fun car)
96 Taurus (Old daily driver)
89 Supra turbo (dad wrecked)
Current 91 Supra turbo

More I'm forgetting.

As for how much in my Supra, timewise? I've been at it almost everyday since I got the car in December, to the wreck in February, and now on the ongoing build you can find in the build section.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Ok I'm done fighting the age factor, point still stands this traffic cop got fired and I don't need an LEO to tell me that what the officer did was wrong, obviously he was that's why he got fired

Quick hide the tapes.:sarcasm:

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
Be warned I have a lot to say and this is as short as I could make it

Regardless if you having a bad day or not its just plain stupid to talk back to any type of authority figure regardless of who they are, weather that be a professor (or teacher), boss, police officer, or even parent. Like it or not they have power over you plain and simple, professor is the ultimate authority on your grade, a boss/supervisor hold your job in their hands, police officer has the authority to write tickets, an d even detain you if they see fit. It boils down to this, somewhere along the line these people in authority have done a good enough job to be given this power, and this higher power had placed a certain amount of trust that the individual wont abuse it in any way shape or form, more simply “with great power comes great responsibility”. This is the exact reason why police tend to side with other police, and deans with professors, ECT… so weather you like it or not they do have power over you.

Now as with anything in the little green planet there are ALWAYS acceptations to the rule, we’ve all seen them and experienced them in one form or another. Maybe the boss who has it out for you, or the professor who doesn’t like you for whatever reason and takes it out on you grade. The point is this is just a few bad apples for the most part the rest of the group isn’t like this at all, this is why stereotypes develop. But history is filled with people flaunting their power. But ill spare my thoughts on this and focuses on what I believe is a big factor of this little incident

Tone of voice is a big factor in how we (as Humans) react to people. If someone goes up to another individual with a smile on their face and greets you with a “hello how are you today” Most of the time the response will be a pleasant one. And even if that individual is having a bad day and wont admit it, that happy person will have just made everything seem brighter. I cant count the number of times that, happy tone of voice has made the difference in my day.

Now the same is true for the opposite, and I can give an example. This past weekend I decided to make a trip back home to see my friends, they don’t go to school, and we decided to go see a movie. Even before the movie has started, even before the previews I was talking recanting my stories of the good ol’ Fort and my life buried in books. I was talking at the proper volume so as not to disturbe the other movie goers, when this lady tells me to “shut the hell up and stop talking”, i am immediately put on the defensive because her tone of voice and language show me so. Now that things evolve from there which I won’t go into the details for the purposes of this, but this hopefully illustrates my point.

Now the start of the situation. At roughly 1:15 give or take here the conversation that I hear.

COP: Got any id on you
KID: Ahh yea i do,
COP: Can I see it
KID: did I do something wrong?
COP: Yea you a suspicious vehicle
KID: Im what?
COP: (listen to tone of voice very important) you are a suspicious vehicle rite now

Here is what I believe happened after that In my opinion. Kid immediately got on the defensive throwing the “it’s a community lot” in the cops face which just makes the cop madder.
At this point the kid could have avoided this whole ordeal if he had just shut his mouth and let the cop yell at him . That would require him to admit fault but all in all he probably would have gotten out of that situation a lot sooner then he did. And if he did receive a ticket he would have had the tape showing him keeping his mouth shut, cooperating with the cop, and the cop just yelling at him which makes it look a lot more favorable for him. Instead he kept pushing the issue having to be rite and this just antagonized the cop even more making the situation worse.

Now as for the cop yelling at the kid threatening him, that is way out of line but I can understand the reason behind it even if it was wrong. Cops are supposed to be able to keep their cool in any situation regardless of circumstances surrounding a given situation. They are supposed to be able to see the law neutrally without any bias and certainly not to use the law and his power to intimidate. With his power comes responsibility an given the stereotype surrounding police and their abuse of power this does nothing but add to that view.

Now shit is gonna happen regardless, the only question is how will you as in individual react. Little words I live by “fuck the dumb shit” meaning it just isn’t worth it to get all angry. I actually find anger a very funny emotion and enjoy sitting back and watch the chaos unfold, occasionally adding the fuel to the fire just so I have some more entertainment.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
F_T_F said:
Be warned I have a lot to say and this is as short as I could make it

Regardless if you having a bad day or not its just plain stupid to talk back to any type of authority figure regardless of who they are, weather that be a professor (or teacher), boss, police officer, or even parent. Like it or not they have power over you plain and simple, professor is the ultimate authority on your grade, a boss/supervisor hold your job in their hands, police officer has the authority to write tickets, an d even detain you if they see fit.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I have never - NOT ONCE - done a single thing that anyone with so called 'authority' has ordered me to do, unless I felt it was necessary.

Authority is a state of mind. I can (and have) happily ignored authority when I strongly felt it necessary to do so.

Does it make my life easier? No. I'll be damned if I won't stand up for my principles, though. Granted, to do this, one has to be WILLING to take the consequences. Sure, I can tell my boss to screw himself, because I don't like the way he treats his customers, or myself, but I have to be willing to accept the fact that he can and will fire me. That doesn't mean I can't tell him to screw himself - it just means I must accept the outcomes of my actions. (HOLY SHIT TAKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONE'S ACTIONS)

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Personally, if it were me, cop says " what are you doing here" knowing im doing nothing wrong (he never said " you cant park in here") i would have simply told him i pulled over to make a phone call. then when he asked for some ID, again knowing in doing nothing wrong, i would have gladly handed it to him.

If my car was stolen, and i found out that a cop walked up the the theif in a public lot, asked the guy for licence and registration, and left the guy alone when he said " Im allowed to be in this lot" id be pissed, id be super pissed. Cop is still WAY out of line, but the kid still pushed him there. Someone eles said it, colliding personalitys

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Jayhall said:
Personally, if it were me, cop says " what are you doing here" knowing im doing nothing wrong (he never said " you cant park in here") i would have simply told him i pulled over to make a phone call. then when he asked for some ID, again knowing in doing nothing wrong, i would have gladly handed it to him.

If my car was stolen, and i found out that a cop walked up the the theif in a public lot, asked the guy for licence and registration, and left the guy alone when he said " Im allowed to be in this lot" id be pissed, id be super pissed. Cop is still WAY out of line, but the kid still pushed him there. Someone eles said it, colliding personalitys

Negative. The LEO would have run the license and registration, it wouldn't have been registered to the vehicle's driver, which would have further had questions asked. Even better, when the registration was run, the vehicle would have come back stolen, more questions asked.

If the thief just said "Well, I don't have to tell you anything, Officer" then the officer's CORRECT response should then have been "Please step out of the car, and place your hands behind your back. You are under arrest, and have the right to remain silent."

Even if the driver HADN'T stolen the vehicle, the Officer MUST procede with the data at hand - the vehicle has been reported stolen, and the person driving it has given NOTHING to indicate that he/she did not steal it. The facts at hand correlate that the person driving it is the top suspect in the automobile theft.

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
They say you can judge a town or city buy its police men.

The reality is that all you need is a 80 I.Q. to be a "Officer of the law"

Also if you take some physiology classes at you're local (yeah LOCAL) criminal justice school set up by CIA (you can also learn to be CIA there too) you get a bump of around 3-5 grand a year, witch also trains you to treat the person you are dealing in a cold un-empathetic manner.

My sister got stopped not to long ago and the cop never told her why he stopped her (because he had no reason), he just got madder and madder the more he showed that she had a license and insurance ex.

There is a lot of good cops out there.. but the ones that get praised and noticed are the ass holes for giving out more tickets and making more arrests. Its more and more that cops see use as an enemy.. really do they need Kevlar vests in small towns? And they find them taking roids all the time as well.

Here is a Great letter buy a former state trooper http://www.newswithviews.com/Evensen/greg.htm

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
Doward said:
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I have never - NOT ONCE - done a single thing that anyone with so called 'authority' has ordered me to do, unless I felt it was necessary.

Authority is a state of mind. I can (and have) happily ignored authority when I strongly felt it necessary to do so.

Does it make my life easier? No. I'll be damned if I won't stand up for my principles, though. Granted, to do this, one has to be WILLING to take the consequences. Sure, I can tell my boss to screw himself, because I don't like the way he treats his customers, or myself, but I have to be willing to accept the fact that he can and will fire me. That doesn't mean I can't tell him to screw himself - it just means I must accept the outcomes of my actions. (HOLY SHIT TAKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONE'S ACTIONS)
yea thats another point that can be brought up. for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. you get lippy with you boss about the way he does treat the customer he can fire you. However, he can choose to listen to you hear what you have to say and if necessary make changes to the business. this goes hand and hand with work ethic, if you are a hard worker, a respected worker who doesn't caust problems then yea your boss is more likely to listen to you. but there is the chance that he cojuld get mad at you for whatever and fire you. it is a risk either way and yea you do need to take responsiability for you action.
what im getting at is this constanat need to be rite, which is what i took away from the video. both parties thought they were rite in the situation, and neither was wanting to bend. the cop was insisting that he had the law on his side, and the kid was sure the law was on his side which is where the head butting came in.
now me personally when i've been pulled over all i can think about is how can i get this over with as soon as possiable.
now as for your situation as stated above that is another thing in and of it self, respect, which i will have to continue later with later so i can collect my thoughts

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Doward said:
Negative. The LEO would have run the license and registration, it wouldn't have been registered to the vehicle's driver, which would have further had questions asked. Even better, when the registration was run, the vehicle would have come back stolen, more questions asked.

If the thief just said "Well, I don't have to tell you anything, Officer" then the officer's CORRECT response should then have been "Please step out of the car, and place your hands behind your back. You are under arrest, and have the right to remain silent."

Even if the driver HADN'T stolen the vehicle, the Officer MUST procede with the data at hand - the vehicle has been reported stolen, and the person driving it has given NOTHING to indicate that he/she did not steal it. The facts at hand correlate that the person driving it is the top suspect in the automobile theft.

ok man, im confused. thats exactly the point i was trying to put across.
for example:

Cop: Licence and registration please
Theif: Im allowed to be in this parking lot at night
Cop: Oh well alright, you have a good night then

id be super pissed, what im trying to say is good on the cop for not taking it like a bitch and walking away, he did the right thing to question him further. He just didnt go about it in the right way. I still beleve they are both in the wrong in this situation

88jspec

By any Means Necessary...
Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta..Ga
suprflyusmc1 said:
I don't think it's fair to catagorize all cops as pigs. Alot of what happens to you when you get pulled over is how you behave when the cop talks to you. If you behave like an ignorant piece of shit, you'll most likely get treated like a piece of shit.

My buddy had a real severe moment of retardation and while doing a U-Turn broke his tires loose in a fish tail at an intersection. Well guess who was behind him. Yup! The po' po'. The cop pulled him over and could have written him up for multiple offenses. Wreckless driving, expired insurance identification card, and possibly a couple of other infractions.

My friend was honest about his stupidity. After taking my buddy's registration and driver's license to his car and probably running a background check, the cop came back only with a warning.

All PIGS can go to hell, except that one....

88jspec

By any Means Necessary...
Oct 3, 2005
Atlanta..Ga
Poodles said:
you guys just haven't had to put up with an asshole cop, it will completely ruin your respect for them sadly...

I don't mind em, but when they pull you over and they can't hit you with anything and you won't admit to anything so they LOOK for things to ticket you for...

The laws are very grey these days, so they can write you a ticket if they "feel" you where doing something wrong.

Poodles, you are 100% correct amen brother...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Jayhall said:
ok man, im confused. thats exactly the point i was trying to put across.
for example:

Cop: Licence and registration please
Theif: Im allowed to be in this parking lot at night
Cop: Oh well alright, you have a good night then

id be super pissed, what im trying to say is good on the cop for not taking it like a bitch and walking away, he did the right thing to question him further. He just didnt go about it in the right way. I still beleve they are both in the wrong in this situation

WTF if a thief is in there steeling cars then he will get arrested he doesnt belong there then he cant justify it!

Even if the kid said he was going into the parking lot to steal some cars the cops could arrest him unless he had equipment in his car when they conduct a search
had a criminal history of stealing
wanted to confess it and in writing and give examples in the past that he could only know about and tell about stealing certain cars that had been
Had stolen property in his car or used stolen plates identification

WAS in the act or in the middle of steeling at the time they catch him.

They can not take you to trial of grand theft auto just because you are stealing cars but the dont have proof or if you say like to take cars if they pull you over in a public lot with no proof and convict you at trial unless there is SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE!!

They were plain out harassing him for no justified reason I am glad they got cought on tape he deserves to be fired just like everyone else thinks.

and just because you say your rights to a cop i dont have to say why i am out at night your not my parant and i know my civil rights doesnt give the cop an excuse to be pissed off at the kid unless there is a curfew or law that says he cant be on the road sometimes even then you could be allowed to travel to work even when such laws exsist. still doesnt give the cop all mighty power to yell and spit in the kids face how hes going make crap up, impound his car for no reason then threaten him and hide the cop survalance tape especialy after the kids says hes being tapped.

Last edited:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm suprised the cops didn't put that fool down sooner than they did. At the point he started flailing around like a madman, that was resisting arrest, as far as I'm concerned.

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Im going to leave this alone, no one seems to understand that im agreeing with the majority, im just getting shit on

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
OneJoeZee said:
Try being a black guy driving a black sports car, then we'll talk.

I get rolled in my own fucking neighborhood every so often.

Don't even get me started about driving in the city of Los Angeles. I won't even take my Supra there anymore. Recipe for disaster.

You guys think getting profiled for driving a Supra with a loud exhaust is bad. lol :nono:

Carry on...

A few months ago I got pulled over as i pulled into my own driveway. I was not given any reason why, and two more cop cars pulled up right after. So that's three cops cars with lights on right in front of my own damn house.
They asked me where I had come from. I said "this is my house!". While one cop was asking me questions, the other was looking in my glovebox and the back of the truck. So they ran my license and came back and said, ok, thanks. I said why did you pull me over, because my truck has one fender spray painted? He said "yeah, I noticed that" and they left. I had not broken any laws, no traffic violations, nothing on my record, nothing wrong with my registration or license.

Sometimes it happens to white people too.... :biglaugh: