Owner of a supra gets caught racing and gets car impounded.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Wanna save more lives? Step up the standards of a licensed driver. It is ridiculous the stupid crashes and tragedies you see, the DMV will hand any average f*ck a license these days.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
LilMissMkIII;938090 said:
So basically, to sum up what those of you who participate in and condone street racing think:

You do it because:

- you are too lazy to drive to the track
- you are too cheap to pay for the entry to the track
- you don't want to be annoyed by the cops

Have I missed anything?

I am yet to hear a decent argument as to *why* you guys do this and endanger your lives and those of others...

1) What tracks are open late?
2) What track allows roll racing?
3) What track doesn't stop you for safety equipment? (Yes its "needed" but some people do not want to cage their car, put a switch in the back, or do other safety precautions although yes they are/can be needed)

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
So basically, to sum up what those of you who participate in and condone street racing think:

You do it because:

Have I missed anything?

I am yet to hear a decent argument as to *why* you guys do this and endanger your lives and those of others...

Some people just want to race spontaneously. I don't like the thought of racing on the street and I really don't do it much, but the one time I did it was completely random cause I just felt like it.

This thread is going nowhere. People will stick to their opinions and that's that...

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Firstly please understand I am not here to cause an argument... I think this is a really interesting discussion/debate...

However, all I see are more excuses... Not one valid argument as to why street racing is ok and should be condoned.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
LilMissMkIII;938113 said:
However, all I see are more excuses... Not one valid argument as to why street racing is ok and should be condoned.

There is no valid argument as to why it's ok, but there are all the justifications people can make, hehe.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas

You do it because:

Have I missed anything?

you didnt get any of my threads, going to the track shares the same risks except for having johnny law breathing down your neck,(although some states have cops waiting at the front gates apparently... didnt know that)

YOU SHARE THE SAME RISKS, PEOPLE DIE AT THE TRACK JUST AS EASILY ON THE STREET. Innocent people die on tracks, like said before, dirt track car rolls into crowd... F1 car hits wall and tire kills a lady, I have seen when top fuel drag cars blow motors and send debris hundreds of feet into the air and people getting pelted with rods/pistons and various supercharger parts... it happens. I am saying the track vs. industrial park is nothing more than vht, walls and traps... cops are at both, innocent spectators at both(which arnt innocent, they know the risks at hand in both places when they show up).

in both cases, accidents happen, people die. Conclusion... Shit Happens.

Edit: Stop light racing is whats wrong, teens with fast cars purchased by their parents is wrong, skateboarding is wrong(hehehe j/k guys)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ma70.Ent;938129 said:
There is no valid argument as to why it's ok, but there are all the justifications people can make, hehe.

^^Which is exactly why i see no issue in cops targeting street racers and confiscating their cars :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
buldozr;938132 said:
you didnt get any of my threads, going to the track shares the same risks except for having johnny law breathing down your neck,(although some states have cops waiting at the front gates apparently... didnt know that)

YOU SHARE THE SAME RISKS, PEOPLE DIE AT THE TRACK JUST AS EASILY ON THE STREET. Innocent people die on tracks, like said before, dirt track car rolls into crowd... F1 car hits wall and tire kills a lady, I have seen when top fuel drag cars blow motors and send debris hundreds of feet into the air and people getting pelted with rods/pistons and various supercharger parts... it happens. I am saying the track vs. industrial park is nothing more than vht, walls and traps... cops are at both, innocent spectators at both(which arnt innocent, they know the risks at hand in both places when they show up).

in both cases, accidents happen, people die. Conclusion... Shit Happens.

Can you back up this claim that the risks are the same with stats?

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Which is more dangerous street racing or talking on your cell phone while driving? Street racing is illegal because people get hurt so why isn't talking on your cell phone illegal. More people get hurt by inattentive drivers than racers.

Street racing did not become a big deal until F&F came out and every wannabe racer started to imitate what they saw in the movie. Immature and irresponsible kids are the main reason why there is so much over-hype about street racing. And the other reason for hearing so much about street racing is ratings. The news people took it and blew it all out of porpotion just to get ratings because that was the hot topic of the moment.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
upgradedsupra;938062 said:
Driving is not something that is required but something we enjoy and it makes life easier. "Driving" is a form of movement that is regulated. You do have the right to drive anywhere you want but it is a privilege, to bring your car/vehicle onto public roads. BTW, a right is something that is not only guaranteed but cannot be taken away so it leaves me with this, can your license be taken away?

A car has the capacity to easily cause a great amount of damage. The roads are owned by the government therefore it is their decision who is able to use them. aka privilege.

Duane

Not going to agree with you on it, plain and simple...No sense in taking it further. Haha
My belief has always been, the government has too much power and at this point in time, invade every personal right an individual has. Driving not being an exception, in my opinion.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
upgradedsupra;938135 said:
Nobody has a valid argument as to why it's ok to street race because it's NOT ok.

Duane

Technically, you can make the argument for anything

No cell phone while driving
No passengers while driving - distraction
No eating while driving
No drinking of beverages while driving

I bet you more accidents could be accredited to somebody going 5kmph over the speed limit than street racing...

And I also find it VERY funny, that at least in Ontario...A repeat DUI offender gets off with a slap on the wrist compared to somebody that was ALLEGEDLY street racing, on an empty street, in the middle of nowhere, with nobody around anywhere. As I said before...It's a prime example of the police using a demographic that can't protect themselves as a scapegoat so they can appear to be keeping people safe - When in reality, they're doing next to nothing.

Hidden political agendas...Street racing's been around forever - Now all of a sudden it's SO unacceptable? That's BS, I'm sorry. Media works wonders, doesn't it...

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
LilMissMkIII;938137 said:
Can you back up this claim that the risks are the same with stats?

no, nobody can. The last sentence of that thread states it can happen to anyone, ANYWHERE. Accidents happen.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
mc_h;938166 said:
Not going to agree with you on it, plain and simple...No sense in taking it further. Haha
My belief has always been, the government has too much power and at this point in time, invade every personal right an individual has. Driving not being an exception, in my opinion.

So are you saying you're an Anarchist?

SySt;937704 said:
I don't know what Rusty Wallace has to do with this. For your information stock car racing is not what I aspire to. No, this place does not slay you. You are still alive. The point is that we can sit down and have a logical arguement about the subject. However it doesn't seem like you guys want to do that. Hence the reply to my statement you just made.

YOU need to chill... Truth is, Like JetJock, I find this thread rather comical, OR "IT SLAYS ME" which is just an expression.

SySt;937775 said:
Surely as a whole society we label killing "wrong" or "immoral". However that tends to apply almost exclusively to other humans. We do not have such a moral issue with killing insects or animals. We even raise living, breathing, feeling and thinking animals for the sole purpose of dieing to feed our own kind. That is getting off to a different argument though.

If we would talk just objectively, there is not right or wrong. So killing isn't wrong even though we somewhat label it wrong, and breaking the law by street racing is not wrong either. There are simply punishments for breaking the law which both of those actions likely receive.

It just seems that everyone's first reaction to a street racing arguement is people getting hurt. People get hurt by tons of things. I think people need to start relying on themselves more. In this case, relying on their own alertness and driving skills to keep "safe". Sure, some people make what we can all agree are dumb moves driving. But don't forgot your own role in any accident, near miss, etc.

:nono: Have you no moral compass???? If your grandmother had a candy bar that you wanted, would you kill her for it? NO! Because it's WRONG.

Ma70.Ent;938111 said:
This thread is going nowhere. People will stick to their opinions and that's that...

I already made that point, 7 PAGES ago...

Bottom line, there's a law. The law says that street racing is illegal. Therefore, street racing is wrong, bad, unlawful, ETC. Whether or not you do it is up to you and only you. If you wanna be stupid and risk lives that's fine. I'll just leave you with something to think about. This is a true story about a friend of mine, he's actually dating my GF's best friend.

One night, this young 16 year old gentleman decided he wanted to have some fun with his newly acquired Firebird. He was ALONE on the streets after midnight, just laying out some rubber, speeding all over the place and having a grand old time. Low and Behold, all of a sudden he sees headlights... COMING STRAIGHT FOR HIM. A split second later, A woman and a man were dead, leaving my friend with a record of manslaughter. He brings flowers and spends time with their ORPHANED DAUGHTER every weekend. This childs life was DESTROYED by him. It's something he almost committed suicide for twice. Ask yourself the next time you go out street racing, How would you feel knowing you killed Mommy and Daddy?

So what happened? The family was returning from a vacation, making a left turn. My friend didn't see them until it was too late.

Shit happens people. At NO point are you completely in control of your situation.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Saavedro88;938191 said:
So are you saying you're an Anarchist?

There's a big difference between being an anarchist and realizing the difference between what a government is now, and what it was supposed to be.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
adicken1;938195 said:
Jesus Christ!! Thats just God awfully evil!! LOL :aigo:

It won't happen. I'm not sure about Fredrichsburg, but closer to where I live, they just take the cars, strip 'em out and sell em. Every now and then they'll use em for undercover cars.

mc_h;938194 said:
There's a big difference between being an anarchist and realizing the difference between what a government is now, and what it was supposed to be.

I hate it when people say that. A government is not a government for what was "supposed" to happen. That DIDN'T happen and therefore is not what the government is!! Whoever said the government was supposed to obey you anyways?