Owner of a supra gets caught racing and gets car impounded.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Hi, my name is Jay Hayes and I'm a street racer...................

HI JAY!!!!!

I have raced a lot of cars on the street, but never where people are gathered, and never with other cars on the highway in front of us. I'm not trying to justify my actions, because I couldn't care less if you agree with me or not. I'm not judging anyone on here and I don't care if I'm judged. I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing, but why would you own a turbo'd supra other than to beat the shit out of every mustang gt that wanted some. I'm easily amused and that makes my day. :evil2:

Flame on, I've got the new UFRS2000........ultra flame retardant suit 2000

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
Ok guys, we're driving a sports car here. We all get challenged to race at some time or another, its that cool reputation that Supras have. Thats why we have them. I, personally, didn't buy a supra to drive it slow. Thats what Buicks are for. Honestly, how many of you that are against street racing have a radar detector? Had your car up to 120/130/150mph on the freeway? Peeled off from a red light to see how fast you can get to 60mph? All of its dangerous, all of its reckless and all of it deserves punishment.

There's little doubt in my mind that 99% of the owners on here have street raced their car at least once. The other 1% actually drive Buicks :)

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
I would really like to hear people's opinion on simply flooring it.

Which brings me to 2 questions.

1. If you are alone, in your car, with nobody on the road, or around you. Is it okay to boost?

Question # 2 : What is the point of modifying your car to go faster? A lot of people do it.

Now before you break out the torch, let me remind you, I'm seriously curious as to the answers, and I in NO WAY APPROVE OF RACING! I think it is completely dumb. I lost a family member because of street racing, and I would hate to lose anyone else.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
csnow;937745 said:
I really don't know what to say to that :aigo:

Honestly Luke, I am at a loss for words with that logic :1zhelp:

Surely as a whole society we label killing "wrong" or "immoral". However that tends to apply almost exclusively to other humans. We do not have such a moral issue with killing insects or animals. We even raise living, breathing, feeling and thinking animals for the sole purpose of dieing to feed our own kind. That is getting off to a different argument though.

If we would talk just objectively, there is not right or wrong. So killing isn't wrong even though we somewhat label it wrong, and breaking the law by street racing is not wrong either. There are simply punishments for breaking the law which both of those actions likely receive.

It just seems that everyone's first reaction to a street racing arguement is people getting hurt. People get hurt by tons of things. I think people need to start relying on themselves more. In this case, relying on their own alertness and driving skills to keep "safe". Sure, some people make what we can all agree are dumb moves driving. But don't forgot your own role in any accident, near miss, etc.

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
suprahero;937760 said:
Hi, my name is Jay Hayes and I'm a street racer...............

Jay, let me tell you. If you drove like a average parent would drive the Supra when I went to Alabama. I would have cried myself to sleep.

Instead, I had trouble breathing because... (I had to grab the "Oh shit" handle quite a few times!)

YOU ARE A CRAZY MOTHER F*^$*R!!!!!!!!!1

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Ive been in a front end collision at a 35-40 mph combined speed in my MR2 vs a huge expedition. Me nor my partner was injured, but the lady in the expedition broke her arm (go figure). It was a severe impact and left my car and her car devistated. It was my fault(not racing related). Ive never street raced and never will. The streets are a dangerous place, and even when we are completely alert and think everything is a controlled environment, its not. One little mistake can fuck up some innocent persons life. One faulty part on your car can fuck up some innocent persons life. When you multiply speed you multiply the level of injury that could possible occur. Heres a picture of what my car looked like with a 40mph combined collision. Imagine at speeds higher than this.
By the way, if youve never had an impact like this, you have no idea what its like. My chest was sore for a week from the seatbelt, i was slightly limping for a month from my leg absorbing impact through the brake pedal, and my ears were ringing for 2 weeks from the noise of the airbag i assume.
p937798_1.jpg

p937798_2.jpg

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
SySt;937775 said:
If we would talk just objectively, there is not right or wrong.

Another way of saying the same thing is to say, "Your way is OK for you, and my way is OK for me. Let's just understand each other and agree to disagree while still saying each other is right for himself.

Different conversation, but that is called Relative Humanism.

I for one, nor our legal system for that matter, subscribe to that thought process. There is a difference between right and wrong.

Don’t believe me, do three horn beeps to the next highway patrol officer you see and take off. He or she will give you a quick lesson in legal philosophy 101 :rofl:

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
All I have to say, is I love how some of the hypocritical fuckers on this site come on here "anybody who races on the street is stupid! your car DESERVES to be impounded! blah blah blah" - Do everybody a favor and shut the fuck up because you've done the same fucking thing many times before, and either got caught and won't fess up to it, OR your car is slow anyways.

Most people on here who actually have raced on the street are smart enough to do it in a safe environment
Seriously...It's one of the things that really annoys me.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
mc_h;937897 said:
All I have to say, is I love how some of the hypocritical fuckers on this site come on here "anybody who races on the street is stupid! your car DESERVES to be impounded! blah blah blah" - Do everybody a favor and shut the fuck up because you've done the same fucking thing many times before, and either got caught and won't fess up to it, OR your car is slow anyways.

Most people on here who actually have raced on the street are smart enough to do it in a safe environment
Seriously...It's one of the things that really annoys me.

I wanna hear LESS talk like this, period. You can talk sensible and still get your point across.

Duane

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
mc_h;937897 said:

Actually, I have NEVER street raced... I can say this honestly and solemnly :)

(oh, and also, my car isn't slow)

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
I have never had a chance to streetrace ever, no one in massachusetss wants to run it, lol. Does driving fast in curvey roads with other people and cars considered streetracing? I occasionally try/do that stuff. I Like both the cars, they shouldn't be crushed.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
upgradedsupra;937902 said:
I wanna hear LESS talk like this, period. You can talk sensible and still get your point across.

Duane

Sorry, sometimes it really just gets under my skin...People trying to act all righteous and perfect, when they're more than hypocritical - with VERY few exceptions. I don't like to sugar coat things, although I know I should and have been told this in the past. haha

j3pz

still learning
jetjock;937330 said:
I hope they crush it and put his ass in jail for 200 years. Where was it 8 people died last week? Maryland? Right:

http://tinyurl.com/2c3nbk

me and my friends go to meets where this happened. it was a freak accident. drag on the highway, cars take off, people on the road head back to the parking lot, random car takes out 8 people. its still being investigated. this was the kind of drag for big money, and they would usually block the road off with a rollback or two

fyi my opinion on street racing: do it at your own risk, no one else's. i have no problem with people doing it, just make sure the only person you can hurt is yourself.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
^^If that's the case, then you should technically only ever race against yourself ;)

The second there is another car involved, you are endangering another life...

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
LilMissMkIII;937958 said:
^^If that's the case, then you should technically only ever race against yourself ;)

The second there is another car involved, you are endangering another life...

2 willing participants in a race fully understand the possible repercussions.

People sometimes talk as if street racing is some new sort of trend...It was going on before many of us were even born. The media uses street racing now, as a scapegoat for the lack of police efficiency at solving real crimes.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
mc_h;937948 said:
Sorry, sometimes it really just gets under my skin...People trying to act all righteous and perfect, when they're more than hypocritical - with VERY few exceptions.

There are hypocrites everywhere, you need to get used to that fact :)