Owner of a supra gets caught racing and gets car impounded.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Funny story, guy gets brand new mustang(04 gt old body style) takes it to the track for the first time, stick shift car, he does a burnout and doesnt hold the foot brake, he loses control of the car and almost takes out a track worker..... he got band from that track cause he is an idiot that doesnt know how to drive, regardless if he was on the track or the street, HE put someones life in danger and doesnt need to race. Track and street in that scenario would have had similar outcomes.

Same track I saw a mustang unload the rearend on the bigend and flip end over end(front bumper rear bumper) and was going straight into the crowd under the traps. Thankfully no one was severely injured, but its the same risk we all take when we sign our lifes over at the gates or show up to the abandon building park... Thats what I have been trying to say.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Saavedro88;938191 said:
So are you saying you're an Anarchist?

YOU need to chill... Truth is, Like JetJock, I find this thread rather comical, OR "IT SLAYS ME" which is just an expression.

:nono: Have you no moral compass???? If your grandmother had a candy bar that you wanted, would you kill her for it? NO! Because it's WRONG.

I already made that point, 7 PAGES ago...

Bottom line, there's a law. The law says that street racing is illegal. Therefore, street racing is wrong, bad, unlawful, ETC. Whether or not you do it is up to you and only you. If you wanna be stupid and risk lives that's fine. I'll just leave you with something to think about. This is a true story about a friend of mine, he's actually dating my GF's best friend.

One night, this young 16 year old gentleman decided he wanted to have some fun with his newly acquired Firebird. He was ALONE on the streets after midnight, just laying out some rubber, speeding all over the place and having a grand old time. Low and Behold, all of a sudden he sees headlights... COMING STRAIGHT FOR HIM. A split second later, A woman and a man were dead, leaving my friend with a record of manslaughter. He brings flowers and spends time with their ORPHANED DAUGHTER every weekend. This childs life was DESTROYED by him. It's something he almost committed suicide for twice. Ask yourself the next time you go out street racing, How would you feel knowing you killed Mommy and Daddy?

So what happened? The family was returning from a vacation, making a left turn. My friend didn't see them until it was too late.

Shit happens people. At NO point are you completely in control of your situation.

That person was being retarded. I don't know how thats the same as racing an a open area with no housing around. The places I've raced or punched it you could see traffic coming in any direction for as long as the eye could see... and there was NO HOUSING anywhere near it.

Not only that, that stuff can happy from tons of things.

Black and White is not always the answer.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
SupraOfDoom;938201 said:
That person was being retarded. I don't know how thats the same as racing an a open area with no housing around. The places I've raced or punched it you could see traffic coming in any direction for as long as the eye could see... and there was NO HOUSING anywhere near it.

Not only that, that stuff can happy from tons of things.

Black and White is not always the answer.

There were no houses where he was either. He was on an open two lane, straight road. You COULD see traffic coming from miles around. If you'd like I can take a picture of where it happened.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Saavedro88;938198 said:
I hate it when people say that. A government is not a government for what was "supposed" to happen. That DIDN'T happen and therefore is not what the government is!! Whoever said the government was supposed to obey you anyways?

You live in Virginia. Any rights you once had are gone anyways, you're just resigned to the reality of the matter now.
The government is there to carry out the will of the PEOPLE as our elected officials, not carry out the country like an organized police state.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
mc_h;938208 said:
You live in Virginia. Any rights you once had are gone anyways, you're just resigned to the reality of the matter now.
The government is there to carry out the will of the PEOPLE as our elected officials, not carry out the country like an organized police state.

What does the fact that I live in VA have to do with anything? I haven't lived here my whole life...

Are you trying to say that the government should do whatever we say? THAT'S a great idea...

SupraOfDoom;938211 said:
How did he manage?

I'm assuming you mean "how did he manage to hit them." They were making a left turn around a semi blind corner, is was just that neither saw each other until it was too late.

Just goes to show that you can never be 100% sure.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Still... I doubt he was being that smart about it. Not only that, you can base your choices on the small exceptions, if you did we'd have to stay inside of our houses and never go anywhere to be safe. Even then I bet almost as many people die from random house hold accidents then they do street racing per year. I could be driving down the street doing the speed limit and have something bad happen, end up killing a family.. but does that mean I should have not been driving? Driving the speed limit things aren't 100% certain or in control ... but we still do it....

This will go no where. I do recommend the track , and I plan on racing there majority of the time.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I think there need to be more drag strips around to host cheap drag nights.

There is only one in the metro area and they have open drag nights ONCE a week during the summer only and it still costs 30+ bucks and you get MAYBE 3 runs.

I'd say there is no excuse for street racing if there were more places to drive your car fast safely. (aka tracks)

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
Wow, I just learned the invaluable lesson of never posting in a thread without reading through it first... LOL.

Most of the individuals here are either extremely closed minded or just love to argue. What defines right or wrong? Its definatley not the government, not SM mods, not school... but we as people know what is right within ourselves.

Believe it or not, what is wrong for you may not be wrong for me. Is it wrong for me to carry a handgun in public for protection if I have NEVER even released the safety?? Not only am I risking the livelyhood of myself, but also others if the situation ever arose that I felt the need to "try" and use it. So does it make me wrong if someone is accidentally killed because I tried to use my weapon for self defense and lacked the knowledge to properly aim, accidentally killing an innocent bystander? Now same situation, what about the off duty cop that is experienced in carrying said firearm, draws his weapon for protection and mistakenly kills an innocent bystander that happened to be coming around a corner, and the officer didn't see him?

My point is, this entire argument is subjective. The fact could be that I may just be a much better driver than you. I may be "wrong" for you to street race because you're highly likely to hurt someone. It may not be as wrong for me to because I'm good at it.

And to hell with that government against the law bullcrap. What about all of the toxic fumes we're (including myself) are emmiting into the atmosphere that could possibly cause life threatening conditions and God knows what else? Are we complaining about that? No, instead we all participate in DP group buys... which include those of us in Australia.

There are plenty of rebuttals I could make as to why I choose to race my car...

By the way, my drivers license gives me the RIGHT to drive my automobile. My citizenship grants me the priviledge to obtain the right to drive my car. Its the same as anything else we do on a daily basis, everything is conditional and can be taken away. I have the right to bear arms unless I am a convicted felon. I have the right to vote unless I'm incarcerated. Does that make those privilages as well? I have the RIGHT to drive, if I have a drivers license.

Anyway, regardless of what I say, there will be those that still say that street racing is wrong and that many could die, blah blah blah.

Why do I street race? Thats simple, and if I had to guess its probably the same reason we all shoot fire into the air on the 4th of July. (Which might I add burns thousands of houses down every year... just horrible!!!) Its because I think it is fun, and I enjoy it. Plain and simple.

The fact is, for you it may be wrong to street race. Despite what you may think, that does not in anyway pertain to me because similarly, the fact is that what's wrong for you may be ok for me because I just may be that much better of a driver than you. :biglaugh:

- Andrew

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
mc_h;938175 said:
Technically, you can make the argument for anything

No cell phone while driving
No passengers while driving - distraction
No eating while driving
No drinking of beverages while driving

I bet you more accidents could be accredited to somebody going 5kmph over the speed limit than street racing...
And I also find it VERY funny, that at least in Ontario...A repeat DUI offender gets off with a slap on the wrist compared to somebody that was ALLEGEDLY street racing, on an empty street, in the middle of nowhere, with nobody around anywhere. As I said before...It's a prime example of the police using a demographic that can't protect themselves as a scapegoat so they can appear to be keeping people safe - When in reality, they're doing next to nothing.

Hidden political agendas...Street racing's been around forever - Now all of a sudden it's SO unacceptable? That's BS, I'm sorry. Media works wonders, doesn't it...

OK... Let's get some fun facts.

It's a statistical FACT that speed does NOT kill. Contrary to what the police and media might tell you.

Driving too fast for the situation does. Like going the speed limit on an icy road.

My #1 issue with street racing is the grey writing of the law giving the opinion of the officer to define it.

If some asshat in a Civic revs at me at a light and he speeds away, the cop can pull ME over.

If I accelerate "too fast" but don't break traction or speed limit, I'm racing.

The media spins this shit all the time. The huge crackdown on the car meets in this area are because some moron was jumping his SUV, rolled it and died. He wasn't even at one of these meets, but in the same city. The media spins it as a "street racing" accident when he was ALONE.

Crack down on DUI's the same way you crack down on stret racers and we'd save 100x the lives...

Oh, and a question. How many of you go on spirited drives on twisty roads? How many of you do with with other people?

By the definitions in my state, that's street racing.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Saavedro88;938219 said:
What does the fact that I live in VA have to do with anything? I haven't lived here my whole life...

Are you trying to say that the government should do whatever we say? THAT'S a great idea...

I've been to VA a few times. It once was a very nice state. Anybody who knows politics should know what I mean by that.

Poodles;938389 said:
OK... Let's get some fun facts.

It's a statistical FACT that speed does NOT kill. Contrary to what the police and media might tell you.

Driving too fast for the situation does. Like going the speed limit on an icy road.

My #1 issue with street racing is the grey writing of the law giving the opinion of the officer to define it.

If some asshat in a Civic revs at me at a light and he speeds away, the cop can pull ME over.

If I accelerate "too fast" but don't break traction or speed limit, I'm racing.

The media spins this shit all the time. The huge crackdown on the car meets in this area are because some moron was jumping his SUV, rolled it and died. He wasn't even at one of these meets, but in the same city. The media spins it as a "street racing" accident when he was ALONE.

Crack down on DUI's the same way you crack down on stret racers and we'd save 100x the lives...

Oh, and a question. How many of you go on spirited drives on twisty roads? How many of you do with with other people?

By the definitions in my state, that's street racing.

You are correct when you say speed does not kill. That is true - However, what I was trying to say, was...Street racing gets such a bad image put forth to it, yet I bet more deaths could in fact be accredited to a situation when someone was going 5 over the limit. No stats to back that up, just common sense based on what you see happen every day. Very few deaths and injuries can be blamed on street racing, and those that are usually have very unique circumstances.

Everything else...I tried to make that point earlier, glad to see somebody else has noticed it as well.

j3pz

still learning
LilMissMkIII;937958 said:
^^If that's the case, then you should technically only ever race against yourself ;)

The second there is another car involved, you are endangering another life...

i never implied that i race, not saying i do or dont, but never said i did. only said i goto meets and that i dont care what people do as long as they cant hurt anyone else. only thing that has to do with me is that its my opinion. i let people make their own decisions.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
SupraOfDoom;938227 said:
Still... I doubt he was being that smart about it. Not only that, you can base your choices on the small exceptions, if you did we'd have to stay inside of our houses and never go anywhere to be safe. Even then I bet almost as many people die from random house hold accidents then they do street racing per year. I could be driving down the street doing the speed limit and have something bad happen, end up killing a family.. but does that mean I should have not been driving? Driving the speed limit things aren't 100% certain or in control ... but we still do it....

That's exactly the point I was making! You can never be sure, you can never be 100% confident that you will harm NO ONE in whatever you are doing. But whenever you start doing something stupid, you lower that percentage even more.

adicken1;938276 said:
Wow, I just learned the invaluable lesson of never posting in a thread without reading through it first... LOL.

Most of the individuals here are either extremely closed minded or just love to argue. What defines right or wrong? Its definatley not the government, not SM mods, not school... but we as people know what is right within ourselves.

Believe it or not, what is wrong for you may not be wrong for me. Is it wrong for me to carry a handgun in public for protection if I have NEVER even released the safety?? Not only am I risking the livelyhood of myself, but also others if the situation ever arose that I felt the need to "try" and use it. So does it make me wrong if someone is accidentally killed because I tried to use my weapon for self defense and lacked the knowledge to properly aim, accidentally killing an innocent bystander? Now same situation, what about the off duty cop that is experienced in carrying said firearm, draws his weapon for protection and mistakenly kills an innocent bystander that happened to be coming around a corner, and the officer didn't see him?

My point is, this entire argument is subjective. The fact could be that I may just be a much better driver than you. I may be "wrong" for you to street race because you're highly likely to hurt someone. It may not be as wrong for me to because I'm good at it.

And to hell with that government against the law bullcrap. What about all of the toxic fumes we're (including myself) are emmiting into the atmosphere that could possibly cause life threatening conditions and God knows what else? Are we complaining about that? No, instead we all participate in DP group buys... which include those of us in Australia.

There are plenty of rebuttals I could make as to why I choose to race my car...

By the way, my drivers license gives me the RIGHT to drive my automobile. My citizenship grants me the priviledge to obtain the right to drive my car. Its the same as anything else we do on a daily basis, everything is conditional and can be taken away. I have the right to bear arms unless I am a convicted felon. I have the right to vote unless I'm incarcerated. Does that make those privilages as well? I have the RIGHT to drive, if I have a drivers license.

Anyway, regardless of what I say, there will be those that still say that street racing is wrong and that many could die, blah blah blah.

Why do I street race? Thats simple, and if I had to guess its probably the same reason we all shoot fire into the air on the 4th of July. (Which might I add burns thousands of houses down every year... just horrible!!!) Its because I think it is fun, and I enjoy it. Plain and simple.

The fact is, for you it may be wrong to street race. Despite what you may think, that does not in anyway pertain to me because similarly, the fact is that what's wrong for you may be ok for me because I just may be that much better of a driver than you. :biglaugh:

- Andrew

Man you have it ALL right... almost. You've got the right/privilege thing backwards. As a citizen of the U.S., you have the RIGHT to the PRIVILEGE of owning a drivers license.

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
Saavedro88;938483 said:
That's exactly the point I was making! You can never be sure, you can never be 100% confident that you will harm NO ONE in whatever you are doing. But whenever you start doing something stupid, you lower that percentage even more.

Man you have it ALL right... almost. You've got the right/privilege thing backwards. As a citizen of the U.S., you have the RIGHT to the PRIVILEGE of owning a drivers license.

I agree. Obtaining/owning the drivers license in the US is a privilege, but once obtained, the license gives me the right to drive... at least of course until I'm caught racing and its suspended, then that right the license gives me is taken away.

... but I can see where you're coming from. :thumbup:

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
too lazy to read through the whole thread.

IJ.;937329 said:
Can't catch crims with a BHG ;)
:rofl: I remember a thread about having a Supra for a cop car.
Policeman: I'm in pursuit of suspect. OMG, why is my temp gauge rising? what's that knocking sound? damn, I lost him.
eh. something like that.

ILikeCarsYesIDo;937348 said:
That's why you watch from the side of where the cars are launching ;)

Not the front or behind. Behind = scraps of tire. Front = scraps of you

Here in L.A., they've made it so even spectators will get tickets just for watching a street race. but it's up to the local police to decide whether someone was truly a spectator or was just walking by and happened to see what was going on. I'm all for it, and they do crush the cars, if caught, and make the driver watch.

I've had my share of stupid racing, but it was all on the freeway with little to no traffic. But I've calmed down with that stuff.

MK3PIMP

Banned
Mar 1, 2008
LANCASTER
what ever we say it doesnt matter people are still going to race on the track and on the street well anyways they close the track bye my house lacr any 1 no any tracks out by lancaster palmdale area let me no

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
MK3PIMP;946180 said:
what ever we say it doesnt matter people are still going to race on the track and on the street well anyways they close the track bye my house lacr any 1 no any tracks out by lancaster palmdale area let me no

wat?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Damn, you people are bitching about no tracks being in your area, yet there are some in the same state as you, I have 2 options: I drive through 2 states, or drive through 1 state, both being 3+ hours away.

SupraOfDoom;937363 said:
I'm not so black and white on things.
I like to live in the grey area, where it is acceptable in some circumstances, the highway is empty, there are no onramps for a while and everyone involved (watching or participating) accepts what may or may not happen.

Why do people drive 400+ whp cars on the street, it sure isn't to go and get grocerys. If noone wanted to go fast on the street, we would be rocking VW bugs with 1.6l carbed motors.