Owner of a supra gets caught racing and gets car impounded.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Well, I think its more of a personal belief. You have decided its not worth the risk. I have decided it can be worth the risk in few situations. People take risks all the time for their own enjoyment... its a part of enjoying life. If I lived my life not taking risks, then I'm not really living anyway. I decide for myself how far those risks go... you wont ever see me riding on a motorcycle ect... but you also won't see me racing around other people that have not accepted the risk.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
SupraOfDoom;937412 said:
Well, I think its more of a personal belief. You have decided its not worth the risk. I have decided it can be worth the risk in few situations. People take risks all the time for their own enjoyment... its a part of enjoying life. If I lived my life not taking risks, then I'm not really living anyway. I decide for myself how far those risks go... you wont ever see me riding on a motorcycle ect... but you also won't see me racing around other people that have not accepted the risk.

^^And that I can understand completely.

:)

Unfortunately with the rules here in Aus, it is not worth me even entertaining the idea of street racing.... Plus, I'm a pussy... I don't like taking risks like that... (But i'll happily jump out of plane ;))

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Geting killed by some dumbass that was street racing or some dumbass that was drunk is the same in my view point. If you want to race someone; set up a race at the local track or strip and do it legal. I know the urge to kick some punks ass on the street, we have all been there, but you need to use better judgement.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
LilMissMkIII;937388 said:
What if you crash and kill the passenger of the person you are stupidly racing???????

it happens on the track too, accidents happen regardless of on the track or off the track. I dont think its right to push your views on others. Is it illegal, yes, is it wrong, probably, will we still do it, yup. Your not going to change anything. Human nature. Its why some jump out of perfectly good airplanes... that little shot of adrenaline.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
buldozr;937433 said:
it happens on the track too, accidents happen regardless of on the track or off the track. I dont think its right to push your views on others. Is it illegal, yes, is it wrong, probably, will we still do it, yup. Your not going to change anything. Human nature. Its why some jump out of perfectly good airplanes... that little shot of adrenaline.

No one here is trying to push their views on anyone else mate... Just a healthy discussion on street racing is all that's happening :)

It's good to have these kinds of threads every now and again to remind some of us that we are not immortal, and bad things can happen...

And I'm well aware accidents happen on the track too... Aus lost a racing legend 2 days ago after an accident at the Clipsal 500...

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
I would also like to mention that tracks around my area are not easily accesable, first the closest track is 1-1/2 to 2 hours away(the 1/4 mile is 3+ hours away), the prices are rediculous to get in(about 20 bucks to race) and they are so insanely busy that in a 4 hour time span you would be lucky to get 2 maybe 3 runs in. Just isnt worth people going to the track anymore around Dallas.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
buldozr;937438 said:
I would also like to mention that tracks around my area are not easily accesable, first the closest track is 1-1/2 to 2 hours away(the 1/4 mile is 3+ hours away), the prices are rediculous to get in(about 20 bucks to race) and they are so insanely busy that in a 4 hour time span you would be lucky to get 2 maybe 3 runs in. Just isnt worth people going to the track anymore around Dallas.

I am the same distance from track aswell.... And $20 is nothing for a race... That is cheap as chips!!!!!! (We pay anything from $50AUD to race)

I'm not being rude, but you are really just making excuses for your street racing...

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
LilMissMkIII;937416 said:
^^And that I can understand completely.

:)

Unfortunately with the rules here in Aus, it is not worth me even entertaining the idea of street racing.... Plus, I'm a pussy... I don't like taking risks like that... (But i'll happily jump out of plane ;))

You arent the only one:biglaugh: I dont street race because my insurance is high enough and i dont want to pay all the fines, court fees, storage fee etc if i get caught... BHG scares me too since i have a 7m LOL

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
suprajjang;937446 said:
You arent the only one:biglaugh: I dont street race because my insurance is high enough and i dont want to pay all the fines, court fees, storage fee etc if i get caught... BHG scares me too since i have a 7m LOL

Exactly... Once you filter in all those costs, it is well worth the petrol and entry fees to the track...

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
The only racing I do is to get up to crusing speed when getting on the interstate.

Like I said in another thread.....Street racing is bad, mmmmkay.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I'm going to stay out of this. But I am going to say that I have grown up around street racing. I street race and tune my car on prepped streets that are as far away from civilization as you can get in south FL. And, I feel it's another one of those things that people with more than half a brain can do in a safe manner, both racing and watching. But...the major population lacks that unfortunately and fucks it up for the rest of us. Like always.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
fstlane88;937462 said:
I'm going to stay out of this. But I am going to say that I have grown up around street racing. I street race and tune my car on prepped streets that are as far away from civilization as you can get in south FL. And, I feel it's another one of those things that people with more than half a brain can do in a safe manner, both racing and watching. But...the major population lacks that unfortunately and fucks it up for the rest of us. Like always.

Yep.

apox

Feb 7, 2008
Surprise
we have legal drags here in cali ran by the CHP. 15 bucks to race all night. something wrong with that picture?

none the less, something to do on a friday night.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
I got busted for street racing my best friend in 2005. We both got $512 fines and 3 pts on our licenses. The cop made sure to tell us numerous times that it was an arrestable offense, but he wasn't going to take us in.

I was stupid, but learned my lesson. Next time I'll make sure to give my surroundings a good look before I downshift to 2nd and squeal my tires, heh.

When I do race, which is RARE, it almost always in very short sprints. Not even stop light to stop light type stuff. I don't even like going over 100mph anymore on the highway due to a nasty blowout I had a few years back at 85mph, just cruising.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I got busted for racing my stock ass civic against my friends 98 4runner 6 days after i turned 16 and got my license. 81 in a 45 and street racing LOL
Luckily, i had a cop as a baseball coach and he got me out of it with just a 1 page essay on the consequences of racing/speeding.
We were just at a red light on a normal road where no one walks and there was NO traffic. Lucky i am.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Some POS honda was trying to roast its tires when I was walking back from class (its 10 F here).
I smelled burning clutch and there was a nice black cloud of burning oil.

There should be a law to crush the car w/ owner inside. Dumbasses