2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Update:

I got the new fuel rail in today! I tapped it and got it on the car with no leaks! :)

I also got my car running as it was before the 870cc injectors/044 fuel pump. All I have to say right now is... WOW. My car sounds like a giant vibrator with an intank walbro in the back, and an external 044 under my front bumper! Also, these new injectors I have are louder than any other injectors I've ever heard.. WTF.

Now it's time to street tune.. I'll hopefully get on the dyno by the end of the month with high boost. My goal is to break 500WHP. We'll see how it goes..

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Today:
-Fixed my tach (thanks Aaron for the diagram).

-Set ignition timing for 20+ PSI. Had I not checked I would have been in big trouble. I don't think that 15* @ 29PSI is such a good idea ;).

Tomorrow:
-I hope to tune for more boost as long as weather/schedule permits.

For those of you wondering.. I based my ignition timing off of this table posted for a 2JZ off SF. It seems really conservative which I like.
ignition.gif

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Car runs great, I tuned it for up to 25psi until it started to rain. It feels pretty fast but I need to mess with the duty cycle to get it to spool faster. Meth injection seems to be doing the trick, I'm still keeping it pretty rich up top just to be safe.

I stopped by the dyno to get rates, so I'll probably be dropping in there in the next couple weeks.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just an Update..

I need to completely re-tune my car. The meth injection nozzles were injecting double the 50/50 mix of meth/water that I needed (28GHP rather than 14GPH I screwed up on the math)... causing my motor to severly bog, and a loss of potential power. The thing is... I need a lot of octane to run as much boost as I'm going to be. I'd like to do without race gas.

The solution will be running a 25-75 mix water to meth through the same nozzles.. I'll re-tune and this should give me the added octane while not bogging the motor (meth will burn off). Also a 25-75 mixture will not be flamable.. keeping me a little safer.