2JZ NA-T in my 87T

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
p5150 said:
Go to autozone and get some thermal wrap for that stuff

Yea, I definately will for the WG lines.. I just woke up and I had a dream that I burnt through those lines and boosted to 83psi (LOL) and then I BHG'd. HAHAHHA

cactus_mole said:
Wow man really nice build... .I've been thinking about doing this too, so I went and pick up a 2jz for $250

I'm sure I'll have some questions.

Thanks man, just LMK if there is anything I can do for you, thats what I'm here for. :) The community neeeds a good, cheap, reliable option and I believe that this is it!

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I just wanted to update and say that I've ordered my 044 fuel pump, my surge tank, 870cc injectors, lines and fittings for my new fuel setup. I think some of you will think it's quite interesting. We'll see.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Squid699 said:
Scott, your car is nasty. I almost pooped myself a bit last night. I think I know what I want to do with my car :)

Haha thanks man! We'll see how much more power it'll take before it blows. Then you'll really know what route you want to take. LOL

GeneStarWindGSW said:
Welcome back Scott ^_^. How was Vacation?? Better b e seein some updates soon .

Awesome, I love vacation. You'll see updates this weekend.. I ordered the wrong fitting (DOH!) The correct one will be here friday.

tissimo said:
Are you going to run dual bosch 044s?

I'm just starting with one, according to flow it should feed my 870cc's just fine. If not my surge tank has an additional hookup for a second 044 (that will be THREE freaking fuel pumps), but right now it doesn't look like it'll be needed.

88supraTT said:
i plan on running 2 walbros

caleb

So was I, infact I changed my mind about 3 times on what I wanted to do. I finally decided my project is weird and somewhat original, so why not try something different for the fuel setup as well. We'll see how it goes LOL.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
so you're going to be running a walbro in to the 044 in series? Sweet I cant wait to see how it turns out.. I was thinking about this setup for my 1.5jz to get to use like 720cc injectors..

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
GeneStarWindGSW said:
I already bought 1 Walbro 255LPH for $75 NEW! not from ebay some1 from SM :p.

Pshh you don't need a walbro yet. Fix your damn car :cry:

tissimo said:
so you're going to be running a walbro in to the 044 in series? Sweet I cant wait to see how it turns out.. I was thinking about this setup for my 1.5jz to get to use like 720cc injectors..

The pumps won't be in a direct series, but the walbro will be feeding the surge tank where the 044 draws from. I was thinking about doing them in a direct series but I decided it wasn't worth chancing it. Since there will be no pressure feeding out of the walbro, just flow, as the surge tank will be vented to the gastank I don't have to worry about the walbro failing due to the 044 putting vac. on it.

It's a big thing on autox, rally, and drift cars because it makes sure the pump constantly has gas under hard cornering, the surgetank is tall, narrow and is always being pumped full of fuel. It's also popular on carb'd cars that want to switch to an EFI system, as they can leave the original low flow fuel pump in it's stock location and have a higher pressure pump feed the injectors.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
hottscennessey said:
Pshh you don't need a walbro yet. Fix your damn car :cry:

The pumps won't be in a direct series, but the walbro will be feeding the surge tank where the 044 draws from. I was thinking about doing them in a direct series but I decided it wasn't worth chancing it. Since there will be no pressure feeding out of the walbro, just flow, as the surge tank will be vented to the gastank I don't have to worry about the walbro failing due to the 044 putting vac. on it.

It's a big thing on autox, rally, and drift cars because it makes sure the pump constantly has gas under hard cornering, the surgetank is tall, narrow and is always being pumped full of fuel. It's also popular on carb'd cars that want to switch to an EFI system, as they can leave the original low flow fuel pump in it's stock location and have a higher pressure pump feed the injectors.
ahh ok sweet.. I didn't think a 044 flowed that much.. cant wait to see your results..

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Bosch_044_vs_Walbro_255HP.JPG

It flows pretty well, not quite enough to get the full advantage of my 870cc's.. but definately enough for some 720cc's.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...6+in+cubic+centimeters+per+minute&btnG=Search

This pump will flow approx 715cc/min @40PSI on a 90% duty cycle. Not too bad.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'd like to see how http://www.1jz747.com.au/ 's fuel system is holding up... it's actually very similar.

He has a single walbro feeding a surge tank, from there a single 044 pump feeds 6 1000cc injectors. That proves to me that this will be a decent setup. :) When I saw that I decided I could push the 870's and upgrade to a second pump if I need it later.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I just wanted to update on my process and say that this is going to be a pain in the ass! :)

Looks like to mount the surgetank where I want I'm going to have to drill some holes, and drop a couple welds. If anyone wants to run a surgetank in the fender make sure it will fit first ;). Mine fits, but just barely. We'll see how much persuading I'll have to do.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
picture002bc4.jpg

picture007hh6.jpg

picture008ry1.jpg

picture009za2.jpg

picture011nw0.jpg

picture012by1.jpg

I decided to mount the surge tank where the P/S and A/C used to be. It was just the best option.. it seems like it'll work great there too :) Everything is all setup and ready to run. The only problem I ran into was with drilling and tapping the fuel rail. I accidentally drilled too big, so I decided to weld the fitting onto the fuel rail. Unfortunately the welds leaked. Fortunately Justin (tissimo) is sending me a new fuel rail, and I've got the right size drill bit now so all I have to do is drill, tap, and slap er' on. From there the only problem I can possibly forsee is my fuel injector gromets leaking.

supra87t/t4

Phase Two
Apr 9, 2005
MPLS, MN
I would get rid of that galvanized pipe tee, who knows what gasoline will do to that thing, you can get AN tee's like this
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an824.php

I was a little confused at first, tell me if I have it right now, there is a pump in the stock location in the tank, it feeds the fuel into the top of the surgetank, the external pump in the last pic draws fuel out of the surgetank and feeds it to both ends of the rail through the tee, correct?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yea, I'm definately going to ditch that galvanized piece.

And yes, you're correct on the way that the surge tank is setup. The FPR return feeds into the surge tank on the top, as does the stock fuel return line. This way the Bosch will never run out of fuel from the surge tank. It's always topped off by what the FPR bypasses, and what the stock walbro pumps. When the surgetank fills the extra flows back to the tank.