What is the worst mistake you have ever done to your supra?

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I dont know that I have ever made a mistake on the car but when I was putting the LSD into the car, the LSD fell off the jack and landed on my arm. Man did that hurt like hell!!!!:cry:

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
With my complete engine gasket kit. I figured what the hell it might work..worked on a few other engines ive done.-wrong

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
a) buying it

b) opening the hood

it was all downhill from there......

Dats: Here's a tip that might help you and others when chasing threads.

Grab a bolt you know fits the hole and lay the Tap into the threads they should match and fit against each other with no gaps other than the taper on starter and intermediate taps.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
IJ. said:
a) buying it

b) opening the hood

it was all downhill from there......

Dats: Here's a tip that might help you and others when chasing threads.

Grab a bolt you know fits the hole and lay the Tap into the threads they should match and fit against each other with no gaps other than the taper on starter and intermediate taps.

I did do that... Then I had to set it down because I had to get a rag, came back, and somehow grab the wrong one out of no where.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
JustAnotherVictim said:
I would have thought the letters ATF on the cap would've given it away.

The first thing I did when I bought my black car was flush the PS fluid out and fill it with ATF. The PS whine the previous owner was talking about was gone. I knew what it was so I stopped at Auto Zone on the way home.

Another stupid thing I did was using vacuum tees with an ID way too small with my boost controller. You can guess what happened.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
JustAnotherVictim said:
I would have thought the letters ATF on the cap would've given it away.

Having been my first car and knowing zero about cars, seeing small black ATF letters on a cap meant no thing. In fact I dont think it was even visible with all the grim on the cap. I would have never occur to me to put transmission fluid into my power steering fluid.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Lets do this by Supra:

My 85 Supra: I took it to 'Bernie's Transmission shop' in Hopewell VA to get a small leak fixed that was over my catalytic converter... After the 4th Transmission and a brawl with the owner I traded that car in for:

My 89 Turbo Targa Supra: I drove it during a huge ice storm in 1998. I totalled a USPS Tractor Trailer that hit me 3 times (I was in his way yet I got a ticket) Which cost me a perfectly beautiful car I NEVER had problems with which carries me to:

My 91 Turbo Targa Supra: It was nasty and dirty so I decided to wash it down.... I washed the engine compartment and screwed up all kinds of things and brought on a BHG from the missing and all from the flooded plugs I thought I had dried out...

All three cars including what happens to an 89 when it gets into a fight with an 18 wheeler are on www.joncjennings.com

I still wouldnt trade my 91 for anything... It pisses me off but in the summer with the top off the hate melts away..

V