What is the worst mistake you have ever done to your supra?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Not thinking the tranny whine was a big deal when i bought mine. 850 bucks after buying what seemed like a "near excellent" car, I felt kinda dumb.

Though now its smooth as silk and silent and I'm a happy camper. :)

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
3. removing rear quarter window trim, losing my patience and yanking on it... causing the glass to explode.
2. hooking up my FC oil cooler backwards and subsequently getting bottom end noise due to low oil pressure, i think.

and

1. not trusting my gut when i bought a "reman" head that looked like it was resurfaced w/ a scotch-brite wheel instead of milled. 3 months later, the HG blew again.

csr ma71

rooftop sniper
Apr 2, 2005
bay area
www.angelfire.com
Listening to non-car people giving me advice. Everytime I have to wiggle the cps wires, they ask me if I need a jump over and over again. And when they tell me how to fix problems that aren't even the root cause of it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The worst mistake I've ever done to my wife's car was taking it to American Engines and letting them install a new engine in her car. It took them six months and now it has rod knock. I should have just bought a 1jz and put it in there for her. Now I've got to do it anyways after spending $2800.00 on the 7m.

Yeah, yeah, I know I could have rebuilt hers but this was two years ago when I didn't know any better. I'm either going to sell her car or install a 1j in it. I will not be spending any more money on a 7m.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
worst thing i did to my supra was working on it. ran perfect, boosted to 11psi, completely stock... after i started modding it, it's been down hill since.

BUT the most worst thing i ever did was sell it so someone else... i hope she forgives me, no matter where she is.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I forget what I was doing at the time, but I had most of the cooling system out and broke a Tstat bolt and some other stuff. I got it all back together and excited to fire it up after being down so long, I forgot about a shop towel... The towel was sitting near the Alt. belt and some how got caught up in it. It popped the belt right off, didnt hurt anything but made my heart sink when the motor died after I thought I fixxed it all up lol.

I had my front tires off doing my break upgrades and didnt pay attention when I put them back on, had them on the wrong sides. Lowered the car down, went inside got all cleaned up ready for a test drive. Then, noticed the tires on the wrong sides....