Vixens build thread!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
We also need a new sig that properly displays the nice new moldings. And maybe you could have the new lip photoshopped in at the same time. I love the idea of a grey lip! Hell, paint the whole car grey if you want to.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I tried not to get the hilbillie in the picture but eh what can you do???:biglaugh:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After we sanded and sanded and sanded and then finished with liquid sandpaper. :cry:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

We did prime them and then we went with a single stage finish.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Her engine bay looks like a stock 7m and it's nothing worthy of pictures. I'm sure we'll clean the bay up later but for now it's staying like it is. I think a new lip would look awesome on there if it was painted grey. I wonder who the lucky person is that gets to buy the new lip? Hello........anyone got a clue?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I just ordered Vonda's new transmission rebuild kit. I'm pretty sure she'll own me at the track with this little beauty. The rebuild kit was $600.00, and the valve body is going to cost another $600.00, but it should definately hold the power she's making. I'm guestimating her power at about 350rwhp, but we'll see once we get it running good. Here's the kit I ordered for her.
http://www.importperformancetrans.c...iption&item_id=ZBTnYNU4OohHJlJhpjNh6f1JwWJtiW

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Less than mine is all I can promise you...........I do have to live with her until I ship her off to Kwnate's...........:biglaugh:

As for the power.....right now I'd say she's at around 350rwhp with the automatic. I'm going to buy her an electronic boost controller and then have it tuned and dyno'd to see where we're at. Later on she may get a T-66 from driftmotion, but for now she's happy with the way it is. I've just got to get it where she can drive it everyday without something new screwing up every day.

Kwnate, here you go. I left her a few air holes so she wouldn't be comotose whe she got there.
http://ssomail.charter.net/do/mail/message/view?msgId=INBOXDELIM13284&l=en-US&v=first

EDIT: It doesn't want you to have the tracking number, so you'll just have to check for delivery every day until she arrives.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
suprahero;1013659 said:
No and yes.........I'm hoping to send the valve body off tomorrow.

::w00t::

I'm excited. I've been babying it ever since we got the motor running, so I can't wait to see what it will do, when the transmission will hold.

Last edited:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Sorry to hear about your tranny Vonda. If it makes you feel better the auto tranny is out on my car as well. I took it out to put in a manual!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I am happy to see this thread is moving again.:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I sent the valve body off today so hopefully it'll be there friday, and sent back by wednesday or thursday. I'm betting that with this new transmission and the car running as well as it has lately, that I won't be able to beat her in the 1/8th. I'll still own her on the streets, if we were the streetracing kind..............:rolleyes:

The transmission just decided to not hold any power. If you punch it while going down the road, the only thing that moved was the tach. The motor would rev up quickly, but the clutches would slip horrribly.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I've notice my auto doing the same thing, well not as bad as V's, but I've expected it. When I punch it, the tach moves but it takes a few seconds for the car to get going. I'm running the stock GE tranny right now. When my neck finally heals up I can start working my part time gig again and get my GTE tranny rebuilt. I'll have the same guy who did my engine do it.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Same thing is happening with my auto atm also... Will be interested to see this when done, as it is something i definitely need to start looking at for my baby