Vixens build thread!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I wish I had rebuilt my auto with this kit from IPT as well, but instead I went to a five speed. I don't really mind the manual, but a really good built automatic is hard to beat at the track.

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Vonda or Jay, I was just wondering if you knew how much you gained from that 935 DDP, either in boost gained or hp/tq numbers if you know that.

I'm interested in that DDP, and I'm Auto too. Is there really that loud of a sound increase with the DDP recirculated? I know the open one is loud, but is it still pretty loud recirculated?

Thanks

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
My car was loud before. I really can't tell that it increased the volume that much. It has a low rumble to it. I've been known to set off car alarms in parking lots.

Recirculated isn't as loud as opened. Jay had an open down pipe and it was LOUD. We haven't had the car dyno'ed since the rebuild, because the transmission was slipping. I haven't really had the opportunity to see how much better the power is yet.

Where in Al. are you?

V

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Thanks for the reply. I have the HKS Turbo catback which is pretty quiet, so the level after a recirc. DDP shouldn't be too bad.

Sorry to hear about your tranny. I'm having my own problems myself. The last time I took mine out, the shifter was shaking badly and the car would shake and have a vibration whenever I stepped on the gas at all. Actually, it shook a little bit when idling too. So yeah not looking forward to seeing what's wrong with that.

Do you know if any of the 935 DDPs come without the second bung or will you have to plug? I don't have any plans for needing the second.

Oh, and I'm in Auburn.

Thanks,
Matt

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
MKIII VIXEN;1024744 said:
We haven't had the car dyno'ed since the rebuild, because the transmission was slipping. V

Jay & I talked about your tranny last night. I had burned up my stock tranny, then later had it rebuilt with Raybesto Blue plates & other mods. After driving it for a few hundred miles, I didn't trust it to hold the power I was making. Since I wanted more power on top of what i was already making, I decided that it was time for a 5 speed.

One of the best mods I've done.

Mark

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He sent his to IPT to have them rebuild it Mark. He doesn't have yours. He does have a transmission cooler on it though and I'm going to put one on Vixens as well.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
suprahero;1029119 said:
He sent his to IPT to have them rebuild it Mark. He doesn't have yours. He does have a transmission cooler on it though and I'm going to put one on Vixens as well.

LOL, thanks for the clarification

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Actually, I built the transmission myself with IPT parts, I did send them the valve body though. Awesome place to deal with. I built it somewhere around 4 years ago. I think Jdub had them build his IIRC.

My fluid still looks new, Ive changed it once. If you could use a trans brake with it I would keep it forever.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I remember you building it now Ken. I don't know why I thought you sent it off to be built. I don't remember it being four years ago though. I must be gettting really really old.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
suprahero;1029464 said:
I remember you building it now Ken. I don't know why I thought you sent it off to be built. I don't remember it being four years ago though. I must be gettting really really old.

Lol...let me help you out old man.....the one you remember was the trans for the black car, I had posted pics of it torn down in some thread...that was just stock though. Only 2 auto's I have built in my life.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thank you for helping me with my memory. Luckily it hasn't been four years since you did your wife's. I was thinking I had lost about two years of my life.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ken we could have just talked about this in flashchat since nobody else wants to join us. Mark is always too busy with school and protecting our country, but everyone else is just avoiding us like the plague.............:cry:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
tookwik4u89;1030494 said:
HI Vonda:wavey:

Who? Do you see a Vonda posting in here? It's just you and I sir.

I'm going over to Dave's thread to see how much he got done this week on his supra...............I'm sorry, but I crack myself up..........:biglaugh:

Come on Dave, you know that shits funny. Quit giving me those evil eyes. It's only a joke. I know you'll have your car running before too much longer, but you do know Milo isn't getting any younger don't you?