Vixens build thread!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He said that he's going to try and have it done this evening, but it wasn't looking too promising. I hate having to wait on people. Patience isn't one of my strong suits.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got Vonda's car today. It drove really good and the shifts were firm and quick. I didn't get on it any. I think I'll baby it for a week or so. I also have an oil leak somewhere. I'll put it on the ramps tomorrow and check it out. I found another transmission cooler in my shed that I'm going to add to her car. I want the tranny fluid as cool as possible so this transmission lasts at least a year. Hopefully it will last as long as Ken's has.

George, I don't know if I'll be ready to dyno mine next weekend yet, but I should be able to dyno Vonda's just to see where we're at with her horsepower level. I'll bring my camera so I can make another Hillbillie Productions video...............:biglaugh:

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
I can't wait to see where we are with the horsepower. I drove my car today, and it shifts great.:icon_bigg

I hope to get her cleaned up this weekend. Sitting in that shop, and being worked on off and on for the last few months, she really needs a bath.

V

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
So the rebuild has made a really noticeable difference? Where did you get the kit from again? (My box is slipping really bad, and now that I have a practical family car, the Supe is coming off the road for some much needed TLC... Figure I might as well get the auto sorted whilst we are at it!)

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
We ordered it from IPT. We sent them the valve body to be rebuilt.

I can tell you that even taking it easy it shifts harder. It doesn't just slide into gear, you feel it when it shifts.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
She may need some extra weight for traction Scott. I'm really feeling positive about her car running good for the first time since we've owned it. I fixed the oil leak this morning, so hopefully we can get it cleaned up and go to the track next weekend when George comes up. Make it if you can.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I drove the car and it is slipping a little in third. I have to make sure the detent cable is adjusted properly and try it again. The car seems to run great at 80mph, but starting off it seems to be running a bit rich or something. It seems laggy from 0 to 25mph..............:dunno:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I tried to get a lot done to Vonda's car this evening but I got rained out. Hopefully it will stop so I can finish. I got the wideband hooked up as well as the SAFCII. I'm adding another transmission cooler and I've got it half way hooked up. I should be through in about fifteen minutes if the cars dont wash away. It's raining pretty hard at the moment. Ricky adjusted the detent cable, so I'm going to see if that helps the transmission shift better. The only problem I was having was third gear. I'll let you know how it does tomorrow.