SySt's Build up

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Is there a reason you think it is far forward? Not only is the shifter further back from the factory location as is. The engine cannot move further back without cutting out parts of the firewall/transmission tunnel. Also, it is not all that far forward. I beleive I measured from throttle body to crossmember with the radiator mounts at almost 11 inches.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Updates have been scarce obviously. I have been making some progress. I just do not feel like going to work to work on trucks and then coming home to more work... Especially now that I have an 87 CBR600 to drive around. Too bad I have two vehicles to spend money on now, I already need a faster bike after 3 weeks. I will be finally starting the engine in about a week though.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
A 996? I was actually looking at a GSX-R 750 or 1000, or maybe an R1. My CBR has 85hp as is with 430lbs. I drove my friend's newer CBR600 with 105hp and similiar weight and though it is fast I want something faster and even 130hp I will outgrow. There is nothing like taking some curves with your knee almost touching the street.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Well, it has been a while since I last updated thread. Since I have started the engine everything appears good. I plumbed up my clutch line only to find that the MK3 master cylinder is too small for the slave in T56. So I picked up a master out of an 87 Landcruiser. Though it does not quite bolt in (had to modify the firewall and pedal bracket), it is larger and should work fine. I will be bleeding the system tomorrow and verifying it works, I will also take some pics of the modifications required.

Supra_Shopper

Fabricating
May 18, 2006
Florida
www.fquick.com
I ran into the same thing after buying a metric fitting to adapt the Supra MC to a -3 hose. I used an aftermarket MC & also had to redrill the firewall & bracket for mounting. Not too bad of a job as the access is pretty good front & rear.

Looking forward to seeing a video of it in action!

StevO9389

one wheel peeler
Nov 13, 2007
Clearwater
great job on the swap. i was doing some measurements for mine a few days ago and just stumbled on to this thread. you answered some questions i was having about clearing the steering linkage. can't wait to see some footage of it in action.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Ne0z said:
Luke... post the vid of it running fool... haha.. thing is loud
I don't have the video. Maybe you or Sam can figure out getting it, then you must send it to me. Stupid, some guy commented on how I am going to ruin my motor by running it right off the head ports. Some people just think they know cars/motors/physics when they don't have a clue.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I finally got around to taking pictures of the clutch master install. I needed to modify the pedal bracket to accomodate the bolt pattern along with elongating the hole in the firewall. I was somewhat displeased with the firewall modification but oh well, I can always fill it in later on. I also had to remove the spring in the clutch pedal as the LS1/T56 tends to have a soft clutch pedal compared to most cars. And yes, the clutch master is tilted a little but no adverse effects. The clutch master cylinder is from a 1987 Toyota Landcruiser.

I will also post of said video of my Supra running soon.
DSC00792.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Well, I got my driveshaft back. It is a stock F-body aluminum shaft. I bought a Toyota truck differential flange and had the shaft shortened so it is now 40" center to center (U-Joint centers).

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I finished the throttle cable today. It is a Lokar universal LSX cable. I got it to fit in the factory firewall "grommet" and had to weld a tab on the pedal to connect to the cable.

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
I finally got my exhaust system done. It is 2.5" off each bank into one 3" y-pipe into one muffler. The car is quite loud especially from the inside, it's pretty much too loud. I can spin the wheels through 1st gear right off idle just by hitting the gas and my first gear goes to ~47mph. 2nd gear is also easy to spin tires with throttle alone and it goes to ~75mph. I haven't pushed it much past that as there are still things to get done. Such as an air filter, electric fans, current tabs and some sheet metal work. Once I get that stuff done and find someone with a video camera i'll have to take some nice videos of it.

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
SySt;1011227 said:
I finally got my exhaust system done. It is 2.5" off each bank into one 3" y-pipe into one muffler. The car is quite loud especially from the inside, it's pretty much too loud. I can spin the wheels through 1st gear right off idle just by hitting the gas and my first gear goes to ~47mph. 2nd gear is also easy to spin tires with throttle alone and it goes to ~75mph. I haven't pushed it much past that as there are still things to get done. Such as an air filter, electric fans, current tabs and some sheet metal work. Once I get that stuff done and find someone with a video camera i'll have to take some nice videos of it.

Ill take some photos with my DSLR at some point luke and KDM has a decent video camera on his digital camera