Sad day for the 89

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
OneJoeZee;1343143 said:
Sorry to hear

I know how you feel...

Thanks Joe it's a bummer for sure. Will see what happens. Have some great members on here Scott, John and Tracy so finding a shell is not a problem.

Jay We'll have to play for lunch at that Rib place. :evil2:

Hope the insurance folks are supra lovers.

Matt and everyone else thanks again.

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
So happy that you and your son are ok. Sad for the Supra. I dread having a similar issue with mine one day (fingers crossed). Considering how old school these cars can be, compared to the new safety technologies in current vehicles, it seems that our Supra's can absorb an impact pretty well. I mean geez, hitting an F150 having to come to a stop from cruising speeds. Not to shabby that you and your son walked away with minor injuries.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
That better be photoshopped....:( This makes me sick. I'm glad you and your son are ok. I hope you get what that car is worth, and I hope this woman won't be on the roads anymore.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
D34DC311;1343827 said:
That better be photoshopped....:( This makes me sick. I'm glad you and your son are ok. I hope you get what that car is worth, and I hope this woman won't be on the roads anymore.
Sorry Mario, but you are wrong on 3 different points here.

1. It's not photoshopped

2. He'll never get what that is worth unless he had special insurance on it.

3. That bitch is probably driving today.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Oh Dear God, George!!! :aigo:

I am SO glad to hear that you're okay.......
But I'm still in disbelief that this happened to your '89.

Wow. :icon_conf Seeing this completely ruined my day.
Hope this ladies insurance pays its toll for what it's worth. :(

Jeff

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
It could have been worst. Glad you guys are safe. There are many gems out there, i know none of them is like her. Good luck with everything and hope you can bring back a better ride!

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I read this thread twice and I still don't believe it. So sorry to see this happen but very thankful that the Mk3 is a tank! Glad everyone is ok!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Holy Hell George....

First: Glad you and the son are ok.

Second: Sorry for the loss that is your stunning mk3.

Third: Fuck. That. Bitch.

Glad you're pursuing charges and for the good of everyone else with a driver's license in the USA, do all you can to get what you're owed and ensure she pays the largest price possible. She's lucky she didn't kill anyone...

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
it suck's to see,what could have resulted in serious injury.everybody is ok,which is great.hopefully the insurance adjuster isn't a bonehead.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
I've never met you but you seem like such a nice guy online.

I'm sorry to hear about this. At least you and your son are ok. Reminds me of my 95 Celica wreck five years ago.

Hopefully you will find a nice shell and keep going in the Supra community.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Jeff, I don't think the lady had insurance. I think his insurance is having to pick it up. You can't expect the lady to buy insurance and LorTabs can you..............:sarcasm:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Wow. Missed this earlier, but very thankful for your "victory over a tragic fate avoided".

My mom worked as clergy on call at a hospital for several years, and the difference between life and death and everything in between is just TOO NARROW to take for granted. I remember being led to tears just listening to some of the tales of my mom's stressful and tragic experiences... especially with the surviving family of lesser outcomes. Especially of note, when a fellow motorcyclist died and she was there to process it at the hospital, along with the unbelieving family... and his son, who turned 5 the day of the funeral service. All sadness for the car aside, it's just an inanimate object, and having four young children myself, the thought of a serious injury or worse to a loved one, especially your own child, a son no less, (three boys here), is incomprehensible... and has no consolation to be afforded by our small circle of fellow supra brothers (and sisters) in here. We can always help with new car parts.

So thankful that you and son are ok. It can soften even the most jaded among us to see the graphic of the car, and even CONSIDER what might have been.

Sorry for the wordy reflection, but I know between the lines and past the disappointment of losing a beautiful and special car (I'm an '89 as well...) there is a deep sense of meaning to the finer moments that cannot be measured in mph or mpg, and which will continue to reward you in your bonds of the flesh, intact and well for that next rolling pastime just up the drive a little ways.

Thanks for the perspective. Here's hoping for some special time with your son and family as you continue in the living wonder of the worst of tragedies averted.;)

-crisp

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Glad you both walked away, George! Good luck on your quest for justice, and finding another.