Sad day for the 89

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Once again thanks for your support everyone.

No real updates other than hearing that the car was "excellent" as far as insurance company is concerned. Very low 1st offer though. Hopefully the reciepts for the 2jz will help out.

For sure going to get the car back.

92 is on hold for a while.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
I know im late George. Man I hate to see that happen to such a clean car. Tracy told me about it a while back but I dont get on here much and I forgot about it until now. So sorry for OUR loss as a community. So glad that you and your son or ok. Thats the most important thing!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
George has been pretty busy lately and hasn't been posting much. There is a small update. He does now have a new 89 3E5 Red (and a few other colors) shell. I am not sure of a time line on it, because he is working on the 92 lately, but most of this car will come back to life. We'll have to wait on him for a true update on time. It could be a good while.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Just back from the junkyard. Pulled a 88 bumper (needing the metal part that got bent to hell!). Have most of other parts for the front as of yesterday (latch assymbly and ac lines, radiator etc.) Ordered a coil pack cover and cam gears. Interior is mostly out except drivers seat:3d_frown: No Powahhh!

Hopefully the engine didn't sustain too much damage. Will be up at Jay's next week.

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
DAMN! Im sorry man, that is the saddest site ever, nothing worse than
a pretty much totalled supra... good to hear no one got hurt, and good
luck with the supra!

Kyle

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
Hey George, as everyone else said, glad no one got hurt in the accident. That sucks about all of the crap you're having to deal with on the insurance, but if it's any help, I had a claim once that an insurance company kept fighting me on, so I filed a complaint with the Texas Board of Insurance. The very next week, they called me wanting to offer a fair settlement, amazing how that worked.

Also, I'm sorry that I never sent you any documentation on the 2ZJ, I really didn't have anything that could benefit your cause. Let me know if you need anything else.

Lance

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
jza240sx;1425845 said:
holy shiznat :aigo:

that sucks man

:boink:

SURUKO;1425884 said:
sorry man for your lost glad youre okay

any updates on the frankenstein revival ;) ...

Should be getting out of paint shop soon. :icon_bigg

Boosted Supra;1425996 said:
Wow, that car is wrecked, sorry bro.

No offense to the woman on here but the ones I've seen lately, well, they shouldn't be driving, it makes me mad.

Thanks Manny. Who knows why things happen? Moving interior and drivetrain over to Scott's old car.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
So basicly you sit down and they somehow try to place blame on you, hope you can keep your cool better than I could (my mom had to go through this exact crap years ago).

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Poodles;1427948 said:
So basicly you sit down and they somehow try to place blame on you, hope you can keep your cool better than I could (my mom had to go through this exact crap years ago).

As I understand it the guy who did my appraisal and the ins guy have to hash it out. He has way more in reciepts than what he appraised it at.