REIGN's REBUILD! Its a beautiful thing... (THAT IS FOR SALE) =(

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Nate has a TRACK HOE! So Nate, whats it like bein all up in that HOE? lmao!

Mark: thanks for the link... :)

Here's my math...

Jake+Emerald Coast Drywall & Texture+State of Florida+Hurricanes= constant work... errr, sometiems, TOO much work... :) Its nice to pick and choose the jobs I wanna take!

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
Hey Jakie...you have a candien brother too?! sweet, Jeff lange is my long lost canadian brother! thats awesome

so anyways, i feel ya on trusting you car to someone who is qualified in a specific scope of expertise... apparantly, alot of people look to me for MK3/7m/1j. i dunno what thats all about, its not like i know everything. but anyways, the oil pump mod, just take out that big banjo bolt that has a hole drilled in the head of it. go find some washers that fit inside the bolt (its hollow cuz the releif spring seats inside of it) and create a stack of washers that is 10-12mm tall, no more.

also, what you need to do is reset your oil pump pickup head height. take a ruler and a straight edge. measure the depth of your oil pan from the pan rail. i dont remember exactly what it is off the top of my head. then, mount your oil pump like stock but dont mount the pickup tube to the block. measure the distance from the pickup tube head and the oil pan mating surface on the block. smash down the strainer on the pickup head to get an accurate reading. the strainer is about 16mm away from the inlet of the tube. then the strainer is about another 16mm from the bottom of the pan. overall, the inlet of the tube is almost 1.5" away from the bottom of the pan. use a pry bar to bend the pickup tube and make it sit farther from the oil pan mating surface on the block. you want about 10mm of clearance between the bottom of the pan and the inlet of the tube. dont worry about the strainer touching the floor of the pan... no biggie. this will help ensure protection against oil starvation during high lateral G-forces combined w/ low oil levels (ahem, jayson).

if youre feeling REALLY froggy, you can do the -10an oil pump delivery line from the pump to the block... its going to be about $80 in parts. you also better know how to assemble AN hoses and hose ends too. i would get you the link to my writeup... but the search on SF is not cooperating. basically, you need a metric adaptor to -10 male to convert the oil pump to AN hose. use a 90* hose end from the oil pump to point the hose towards the block fitting. i think it takes about 10* of -10 hose to go up and over the pickup tube. now, use a 45* hose end to get the right angle to meet the block fitting. remove the stock comrpessoin to BSPT fitting. replace it w/ a similarly sized 1/2" NPT to -10AN male (i think its 1/2" NPT that will simulate the stock block threads). when you mock up the hose ends and the hose, make sure that it arcs over the pickup tube w/o touching it, but not so far away that it touches the oil pan baffel when the pan is installed. keep in mind, w/ the metric adaptor on the pump and the 90* hose end installed, itll interfere w/ the fitment of the pan. losen up the lock-down bolt on the pump housing and clock the pump as far as itll go. you can get about 10*-12* of movement out of it. unfortunately, this now means the support strut for your pickup head is about 10-12mm offset. the nice thing is that its made of thin sheet metal and can be bent to line back up w/ the bolt hole in the block. find yourself an appropriately sized spacer and a longer 6mm dia. bolt to secure the pickup head to the block.

you should now have your pickup head height reset, a shimmed releif spring, a high volume/low restriction oil delivery hose and a clocked oil pump. your oiling system inside the crankcase is now sorted out... you just need to address the stock GTE oil filter mount w/ integrated oil cooler bypass. check out my more-recent writeup on SF regarding this setup and converting to a relocatoin kit w/ aftermarket oil cooler and elminating the GTE filter mount w/ bypass.

btw, those injectors that you have are MSD 96 lb/hr injectors. i installed a set of those on my friends car. they are definitly larger on the bottom than the typical pintle injectors that we have.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Chris, Im gunna read that again when Im sober... See tonight was game 7... Carolina won... Needless to say, Im happy the Cup stayed in the south east... So Jake had a few... :D:D:D

BTW: does your friend have a 2JZ MKIV? :)

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Reign_Maker said:
Chris, Im gunna read that again when Im sober... See tonight was game 7... Carolina won... Needless to say, Im happy the Cup stayed in the south east... So Jake had a few... :D:D:D

BTW: does your friend have a 2JZ MKIV? :)
It was a good game too!

About the AEM, I'm getting mine tuned at a reputable shop, cost $800... Probably the most important money I will spend though :)

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Nate, a hockey fan? Cool!

$800? I'll be happy if thats all it costs me... But Im going to budget out ALOT more... Of course, when my car goes to Titan, its gunna get more than a tune...

Chris, I read that again sober, and its still confusing... What ever you do, dont write children's books, lol... haha... j/k

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
lol... are you saing im speakin in tongues??? im not posessed! yeah, i setup the AEM on 722ish's car. its a 95 alpine silver car. if i was you, id get the car drivable w/ a base map. then, id call/pm/email/IM vijay. he can nail an AEM in 3 pulls on a dyno. so theoretically, he could do it on a dyno day for $70. then you can just extrapolate the data between the wot curve all the way down to 0psi. then thatll get you in the ball park for part-throttle driving and cruising. from there you can use the O2 feed back to write the rest of the map while you drive.

"See vijay. See vijay tune. Tune vijay, Tune!"

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Well, look what I got... :D If I wanna run 1000cc injectors, I better have a pump that can do it... This thing is HUGE... I have another external pump, I might run both, perhaps kick the other one off when I reach a certain boost or maybe added fuel for nitrous... Oh, did I say nitrous? lol... Maaaaybe...
Pics...
157c29x.jpg

157c31h.jpg

And of course, my cat... :D:D:D
157c3cz.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Badwagon: Diet Dr Pepper taste just like regular Dr Pepper, lol!

Joe: HELLS YEAH! Just like water!

Boso: like IJ said, one piece cnc billet alluminum solid motor mounts... Pretty bad ass if you ask me... :)

IJ: thanks for helpin the man out...

HellsLegion: HELLS YEAH! Just like Pepper adiction, lol...

cassio

Apr 1, 2005
yo, so am i gonna see u in Orlando @ the end of July, saw in the Orlando meet thread on SF you have withdrawn from teh dyno..

also progress is lookin good ;)

looks like i may have no prob being ready before the meet, but doubt I can get my car painted by then to rep :(