Project: Shouldn't have to do this

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Ordered a bunch of parts: HKS Bead-type 2.0 MHG, 1.5" aluminum pipes for my custom lower rad pipe, ARP flywheel bolts, and Clevite bearings!

Pics upon arrival.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Well shit...I got the crank in and assembles yesterday and today I got the rings on the pistons and go to put them in to find the Cunningham's don't fit the 0.020 bore...

Please tell me I can put the pistons and rods in first then the crank to fit the rods?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I put the crank in and tightened down the main bearings to spec, and now I'm trying to put the pistons in but the rods won't fit through the bore size of the cylinder.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i think what hes saying is that if you take the rod, you cant slip it into the piston hole from the top... so he wants to put them in backwards (which would never work)
my eagles BARELY fit... it was kinda scray in all honesty...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
IJ.;1108742 said:
Did the rods come with a disclaimer alerting you to this?
(My Pauters do as you have to notch the bottom of the bores)

I have no information on the rods, they were in my block that I bought in my original Supra back in December 2006. Is the bore actually in the way or is it a safety precaution? I don't *think* I saw any notches in the other block.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Well I can say that I'm learning a lot in this build...

After speaking on the phone with Cunningham rods I'll need to have the roads machined down to fit the bore...not a problem for me price wise but time wise ~a week sucks when you were on a role...(imo)

SO I guess I'll be polishing and painting parts and very impatiently waiting for my damn rods!

Tomorrow I will throw my springs and struts on.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
IJ.;1109498 said:
Well that's really interesting that they won't fit a +20 7M!
(see learning ALL the time)

As I said, I didn't build the last engine nor did I have any specs on it other than it was "built" I didn't plan on staying with that 7M in the first place.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Is it done yet? Jeff, make a list of what you need to finish and tape it to a pigeon and fly it over to me, I'll get my mad scientist crack a lackin on it and we'll formulate a plan for completion... ;)

I dont wanna read this whole thread, I dont have the attention anymore after reading Wes's... So, um, what happened? You had a built motor and what? Is this the same motor that was in the car when you bought it from me, or Im confused... I thought it was running... Im lost...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Jake: My thread isn't too long take a look when you get a chance, but I'll post some cliffs since I had it running.
1) Car running
2) Oil filter housing cracked off of block
3) New block and build
4) Old block was badass (Wisecos and Cunningham rods)
5) Wisecos were 0.060 over too big for me so I bought some Probe 0.020 over
6) Assembly going good till Cunningham rods don't fit because they were made for the 0.060 over Wisecos
7) NOW: Machining rods, learning a lot

IJ: Got it, I hope RonR chimes in here sometime to let me know his thoughts on the rods.