Project: Shouldn't have to do this

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Your motor/engine bay looks BEAUTIFUL. I like the whole setup.

A lil' off subject sorry but, I cannot figure out what the hell the white car with the gold volks is. Is it a SC300?

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Supra28;1137154 said:
Your motor/engine bay looks BEAUTIFUL. I like the whole setup.

A lil' off subject sorry but, I cannot figure out what the hell the white car with the gold volks is. Is it a SC300?

Thanks.

NEED SOME HELP HERE:

Today I installed the new confirmed working CPS and got power and ground to it. When I went to start it acted like it had no fuel (just turning over), I checked the injector pulse and got no ground to the injectors. I checked it again changing NOTHING and got pulse to all injectors and now there is again no ground to the coils, BUT the car still acts like its not getting fuel, before the coils stopped working the car spit out fuel and tried to start, now nothing, I haven't changed anything though what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I am very frustrated by this, getting conflicting information like this really makes me think fixing this problem is impossible.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
The CPS turning kicks on the fuel pump, but I dont know about injector pulse.

EDIT: I see you arent running the stock ECU. Sorry I cant be of any help in this case.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Long belated update:

AEM map was messed up, we got it running but obviously it needs tuning. John came by Friday and help me wire in the map and iat sensor, btw a HUGE thanks goes out to John for the help, I would've screwed that wiring up for sure! We got it all done ready to tune around 9:30pm and messed with little shit that kept popping up till around 11:30pm and then I called it a night.

Ordered all the parts I need for the "small shit problems" we ran into last Friday and getting it ready for another attempt at tuning it this Friday, wish us luck!

Jeff

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Kick ass build Jeff, whos shop is that? your dads? I'm fuking jealous you got a lift to use when you need it. When i sell off my townhouse and buy a new house im damn sure gonna have a lift in it :icon_bigg. Black supe's with TT wheels FTMFW.....same look im going for.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
87nasupra;1149267 said:
Kick ass build Jeff, whos shop is that? your dads? I'm fuking jealous you got a lift to use when you need it. When i sell off my townhouse and buy a new house im damn sure gonna have a lift in it :icon_bigg. Black supe's with TT wheels FTMFW.....same look im going for.

Yup its my dad's shop, I pretty much own the 3rd bay. Thanks for the comments.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
UPDATE: Note spark plugs do make a difference :) Cars starts like an actual car now after I cleaned the plugs, the car was very very rich. Again more thanks to John Doward, my car is really coming along now with his help, he is the man!

After we confirm the oil pressure is working (the gauge isn't reading), we should be ready to tune the idle and then to some DRIVEablity!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yeah man. Need a freaking 1/8" BSPT to 1/8" NPT so we can verify oil pressure on a MECHANICAL gauge.

I'm not about to play games with a 7M when it comes to oiling ;)

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
John, you think i should go with new stock main bolts like jeff did? i like that idea since i dont have quite enough for a line bore and studs for the mains....

Not trying to jack the thread by any means

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Honestly, I'd get the bore checked if nothing else. I always do an alignment hone on the mains after new fasteners - but that's just me being overly anal.

Honestly, if you've got good, even clearances on the mains, the engine will run fine.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
So much has happened since I last updated this thread so I'm gonna have to use cliffs in order old to new as the list goes down:

- Low oil pressure :3d_frown::cry:
- Oil leaks
- Drop subframe....twice
- New oil pump and oil squirters/bolts (Doward's) (baller) :)
- Still low oil pressure :(
- Bearing clearances.....standard on a cut crank....:(
- New bearings correct size :)
- Oil pressure good :)
- Blowing oil of the dipstick starting fire :(
- Finding PCV problem because of fire...priceless

Will do a full update when I have more time, but here's some pics.

p1178584_1.jpg

p1178584_2.jpg

p1178584_3.jpg

p1178584_4.jpg

Jeff

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yep. Jeff's now toting one of my fire extinguishers around since we had fire on the side of I75.

Now to get that PCV system run right ;)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward;1178614 said:
Yep. Jeff's now toting one of my fire extinguishers around since we had fire on the side of I75.

Now to get that PCV system run right ;)

John, I finished up the PCV system today- takes longer than expected when I couldn't find MY drill lol and Advance was lacking damn fittings- anyways, went into about 4psi of boost and let off, no smoke, no smell, I think we got it. (part throttle- I haven't gotten on it, still have that compressor surge though)
Oh and the parts should be here- didn't get a chance to get out there today but if your available tomorrow I can come by drop them off maybe do a little more tuning :)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
You don't want it, its cursed, everything that could go wrong did. BUT:

13" brakes coming Sunday, and some tuning! (John, boost with no smoke, you richened up the high rpm well, its in the 10s-11s AFR's and you hardly messed with it.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
So.... If I really wanted to, could I? Look, see, I got a hot date and well, I dont think she'd be impressed with the work truck... HA!

clos91T

Jun 29, 2008
Ocala, Florida, United States
Just found this thread, nice build. loving the way it's coming along. By the way I'm in Ocala, hopefully my car will be on the road in jan. You ever go to Gainsville racetrack? Would love to see the car run.

Clos