Project: Shouldn't have to do this

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Engine is pretty much as far as I can get it without parts. I need to go to the local autostore Monday to get my new feed line and also no welders till Monday for my new ICP and lower rad pipe. Will set the engine in tomorrow.

TRD cams confirmed:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1123407_1.jpg

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Ok, been getting held up by missing bolts and parts but its coming together. Just need to get some icp, rad pipe, and intake pipe welded; fans, pulleys, alternator, catch can mount, cam cover lower breather, and IS300 coilpack mounts and I'm ready for startup.

I cannot wait to get this car on the road!

Pictures coming.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward;1127778 said:
Specs on those TRD cams??? You better have degreed them!

I think they are 264's, I was told they are only available in 258 and 264. I don't know anything about cams, I know my dad shimmed them? Do they need to be degreed too? I'll have to ask him all he did to it.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Too lazy to get the camera but I'm getting close.

I *attempted* to get my icp ready to get welded tomorrow...but apparently I FAIL at Geometry..I tried to make a 40 degree pipe but failed miserably because I cut a pipe in half then cut one side 40 degrees and tried to match the pipe together to find when you cut at angle it increases the diameter lol, no shit. But turns out I can make a 45 degree piece work just as well, maybe even better so I'm gonna run that for now.

I have to hope on the welding shop tomorrow (being open) to get my rad pipe welded, then its just: alternator, fan, and belts, I think everything else is ready to go!

Updates tomorrow.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
update:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1129937_1.jpg

My extended coil pack harness for the IS300 coils mod:
p1129937_2.jpg

p1129937_3.jpg

p1129937_4.jpg

Welding up the lower rad pipe tomorrow, then lots of tuning and making adjustments.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Looks fantasitic!

One tiny concern I saw in your pics. It looks like your oil return off the turbo goes dangerously close to less than 90* angle. You could be close to setting up a bad condition of oil not draining away well enough. Just something you might want to be aware of if not already.

I really love a 7M with a FFIM :love:

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Facime;1129945 said:
Looks fantasitic!

One tiny concern I saw in your pics. It looks like your oil return off the turbo goes dangerously close to less than 90* angle. You could be close to setting up a bad condition of oil not draining away well enough. Just something you might want to be aware of if not already.

I really love a 7M with a FFIM :love:

Thanks!

Wouldn't less than a 90 degree angle flow better?

Oh did I mention it runs? :) Won't stay running though, its gonna need a lot of tuning.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
By less than 90* I mean if you look the hose from the profile:

oil%20return%20angles.jpg

The better you can drain the oil away the better. Yours looked "iffy" to me.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
So..

The car won't start, I need to know how to hook up the aem map sensor to find out further info. (thread in standalone engine management forum) All help is appreciated.