Project Clean 87

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
I love both styles, but then again it does come down to personal taste.

Flush mounts offer more options over pop ups for a few reasons..they are lighter in weight, add functionality for HID projectors, more aerodynamic for night, ect.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
honestabe;1150052 said:
The flushmounts are a thing that some love them, some hate them. I personally hate pop-ups, especially on the Supra.

I don't understand how! Pop up's are what make this car an 80's sports car. Nothing is cooler then when you turn your pop ups on for the first time. I never really understood taking an old car and making it look more modern, it seems the product never turns out right for anything major. That, and the MKIII comes with the best pop up lights I've ever used or seen. They work fantastic, and they are squared like the car. I don't like the ones that come up on one side to a point like on a lot of other 80's / early 90's cars ( like miata's, firebirds ect ). That and in terms of functionality for lighting I really feel your taking a step back. For function I feel like you should always move forward. Like, replacing light bulbs for the rear tail lights with LED's, that makes sense to me.

But again, it's your car and I'm not trying to bash it or you just giving some criticism. I love the rest.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well, i was there when we put the flushmounts on, and i belive the yea, i love the pop-ups my self, but acculy seeing the flushmounts really dont look to bad on his car, i mean the way we mounted them, and put the brackets behind them too, so really it just depends on the person who owns the car, and builds the car, heck if adam really wanted to (though i dont think he would) he could put the pop ups back on. .

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The baby intercooler just got bought along with my stock FMIC, so I just bought a 12x24x2.75 intercooler. It's almost twice the size of the intercooler I had in until recently. Once I get the intercooler I'll get all my piping finally welded up (and putting my couplers and t-bolt clamps up for sale). My new used intercooler

2dchchv.jpg

Adam

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
honestabe;1165243 said:
Well I just discovered a hook-up on getting the bucket shims for the cams, so I think I may attempt to install the cams this weekend. The only thing that sucks is that my hook-up lives in Cali.

lives in cali hmm, sounds like you need one of you old buddys down there..

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just got my intercooler a couple hours ago. The inlet/outlet are 3". I also just placed an order at Driftmotion for 3 reducers and T-bolt clamps. I'll be out of town this weekend, so I can't install the intercooler. But since Tuesday iis a holiday (Veteran's Day), I'll get it installed then.

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
hay, you a vet too, remember that.. even though you didnt get to go overseas, your still a vet for doing your time, just like the rest of us out there bro..

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I just got my coupler reducers, T-bolt clamps, and corner lense screw blocks. Thanks Tubbie and Aaron (Driftmotion). Tomorrow I'm going to install my intercooler and fix my corner lights, maybe head over to UnNatural and say hi to Aphxero.

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I got the intercooler installed and a couple things moved around. I'm going to relocate the intercooler brackets to the bottom of the intercooler to free up some mounting space on the core support. I didn't have time to take pics, but I will do so tomorrow.

On a side note, I almost crashed twice tonight coming back from a meet in Hillsboro. The first time I was going around a gentle curve inside a tunnel and dropped it into 3rd and punched it and broke the tires free and got a little sideways. The 2nd time I was doing 65 in 4th and went WOT and once I hit full boost I went across 3 lanes. Scary shit.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Hell yes we will be doing a ton of work on my beast when you get home. I'm getting the intercooler piping welded this weekend. We need to finish my headlights before anything else. Atleast we do not have to swap the clutch kit. I'll be getting as much work as I can done before you get home.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The beast just left with my welder. I should have the Supra back Tuesday or Wednesday. He's going to create a bracket to keep the upper drivers side pipe from hitting one of my pully's like it has before. I feel deprived now. So what the hell am I going to do with my weekend now?