Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I took a couple quick pics at my school Yesterday. I dare anyone to spot the zip tie that is temporarily holding the grill in place. I couldn't do it on full resolution pics.

0811131pq5.jpg

0811132br3.jpg

0811133zk3.jpg

0811134tu2.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Sorry, but I'll break the lip if I install one. I already have trouble scraping getting into certain driveways. As well as worrying about some speedbumps I'd put a lip on it, but only a basic looking one. I want to keep this Supra simple looking if I can while trying to maintain a stock look minus the wheels and exhuast.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I know the lips are flexible, but I want to keep the body lines as simple as possible. If this means I don't have a lip then so be it.

As far as the flushmounts looking stock, they will when I get done with them from the outside. Once you open they hood the will look better than stock. Gotta do some fabbing with aluminum and sheet metal and such. Just need time and money.

Before I forget, the set of cams I bought from Spaniard a couple months ago ended up not being touched. My machined cams were never machined, BASTARD!!!

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
honestabe;1180601 said:
the set of cams I bought from Spaniard a couple months ago ended up not being touched. My machined cams were never machined, BASTARD!!!

that sux, btw u do need a lip, it would make things look so much better up front.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
car doesn't need a lip, it looks good as is. some cars/designs should have lips, others shouldn't, and this is one of those that shouldn't

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Moy;1181155 said:
car doesn't need a lip, it looks good as is. some cars/designs should have lips, others shouldn't, and this is one of those that shouldn't

You're entitled to your own wrong opinion :)
But alas it's not my decision lol.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Moy is right, everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if others think they are wrong. Some say the flushmounts look good, others disagree. It's just an opinion, and only a fact in the eyes of the beholder.

I just picked up the grill clips from the dealership, and my welder is getting the piping done tonight, so I should have the Supra back tomorrow. :D

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
FUCK!!! The guy who is welding up my intercooler piping hit a deer last night at 25 MPH. The drivers side fender and bubble marker is damaged and nothing else. Now my welding is free, but now I have to deal with finding a fender and having a body shop prep and paint it, then I have to pull off my nose header and fender and replace it as well as having to get a new clear bubble marker from Wolfie and dealing with fixing that. This fucking blows!!!

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The repair quote is for $732, so the insurance company is issuing a check for $232 (deducting the deductable). John is working on sourcing out a fender right now. Mattsplat72 is giving me the trim piece I need, and I've PM'd wolfie308 about getting a replacement marker. The marker base looks to be intact, so it won't be that hard to put a new lense on. I should have the Supra back in perfect shape within a few weeks.

BTW, I cringe every time I look at the picture of the damage.

Adam

Ninja Edit: 500th post in my build thread ::w00t::

Last edited: