power from a NA 7m

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
beachsupra;1019349 said:
hey ij what do you think if i said.im gona take the engine out use 5 bottles of free brake cleaner (courtesy of sheridin technical center lol)and spray down the engine .get new piston rings,hone the block,change the friction and main bearings,new 1.4 mm m head gasket,exhaust manifold. hard pipe intake,apexi dual n1 exhaust,and shifter bushings for fast shifting .+ a set of toyo proxies ?? i know i know its a dream but it will slowly get done right and be one of the cleanest na's im hoping for 300hp . with all fresh seals and and a properly honed block ..:sarcasm::evil2:

You'd probably be close to 300hp (at the crank!) if you bored and stroked the 7M out to a 3.3 liter, LOL

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Quin;1019516 said:
Didn't Defiant get something like 380rwhp out of his 3.4l 7M?

I'm pretty sure he hasn't dynoed it or even finished it yet, not sure where you got that # from.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
IIRC that number was estimated.... I think you're right too, I don't think it's even running yet.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
AFAIK Trust headers have the biggest diameter (1 5/8) primaries from the headers I've seen, he should use them ;)

Should be dynoing my 6M very soon.... we'll see....

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Tanya;1019607 said:
AFAIK Trust headers have the biggest diameter (1 5/8) primaries from the headers I've seen, he should use them ;)

Should be dynoing my 6M very soon.... we'll see....

Do you know how much they go for, and where to get them?

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
$500 last I checked..... got to call Greddy USA with the part number....

only thing is that it is specifically for a 5M/6M which means it may interfere with 7MGE components. Perhaps it would hit the distributor, I have no idea :[

And the one I have is the only one I know about in the states. I suppose I could test fit it on someones 7MGE if they were close and were interested.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I swear I saw a dyno chart or something from one of the stroker 7M guys, thought it was him. Wouldn't those high diameter headers actually hurt you, unless you had oversize valves and some decent port work done, possibly cams and a higher CR?

I could be completely off base here, but it seems like that's too big for the primaries for anything resembling a stock 7MGE.