power from a NA 7m

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
supramacist;1014511 said:
That just so happens to be hiding from the real world here in ma70ent's illusion of reality.

I've never posted anything directed to you or about you. I was actually talking about Degree when I said I agreed with IJ's post. Sorry if you don't like me. :nono:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Fuzz420;1014557 said:
My god

*fires up the ol kushy*

Aj- Can you refresh my memory. What engine management are you running if any. Also What are your afr's tuned too?
I'm running Maft-Pro SD now but those figures are with a Apexi AFC. Still trying to get the bugs out with the Maft but should be able to post up some new numbers soon:naughty: CRE is looking over my logs to see if we can tweek a little more.
AFR's are 12's -13. Cruise AFR is around 15.5. That is if I get any crusing in, too much fun going WOT with it now:)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
OMFG. What happened supramacist?

Wow. just... wow. :nono:

Anywho.... Do the 7M's gain much from removing the belt driven fan and replacing it with an electric? My roommate was talking about doing it to his e36 and I guess they gain 5hp from getting rid of the fan. Not sure how accurate the claim is, but do we see any positive effects on the 7M?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
supramacist;1014511 said:
Way to go for the gold star there Grim. You too AJ. I never did anything to you. Other than I wasn't hand selected by the cloning committee.
I try not to disrespect anybody anywere, here or else where. I don't know it all and when I'm corrected by some one, IJ, JJ, Jdub, CRE, anybody, I usally take the time to thank them for the correction. I've stated this before and will stand by it, if it wasn't for these guys this forum would not be 1/2 half of what it is. Hell even I get a little grumpy when you try to explain things and somebody just doesn't get it, and these guys have been here rain or shine day after day, trying to help, answering a lot of times the same questions. I don't kiss anybody's ass except for my wife's.:) And I try to give credit were credit is due. Sorry if I pissed in your path but I guess it wasn't going to take much by what I've read in this thread.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
AJ'S 88NA;1014570 said:
I'm running Maft-Pro SD now but those figures are with a Apexi AFC. Still trying to get the bugs out with the Maft but should be able to post up some new numbers soon:naughty: CRE is looking over my logs to see if we can tweek a little more.
AFR's are 12's -13. Cruise AFR is around 15.5. That is if I get any crusing in, too much fun going WOT with it now:)

Awesome. Get those bugs worked out, i cant wait to see the new numbers with maft-pro tune :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Let's get back on topic and let Supremacist go sit over at his own forum and beat his meat about how cool he is for getting himself booted off this site.

The spectacle is over, no more off-topic in this thread please.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
IJ.;1013902 said:
No no no and NO .....

Even when you add them up you're still NOT going to see big results as the motor is pretty damn good as is....

To make a big leap in NA power takes some serious coin and smarts, both of which tend to be in short supply here.

Personally I'd take a Mint NA over some flogged out rusty PoS GTE any day of the week.

How about a flogged out, but not rusty n/a? :biglaugh:

I'll agree here. I've done the exhaust from the head back(3 times from the header back to get what I wanted), full CAI(3" aluminum tubing, ceramic coated from the intake to the MAF, filter just above the fog light), 1 piece d.s., electric fans, MSD coil and wires, and clutch upgrade. Only other bolt-ons I can think of(that I haven't done) would be a light weight flywheel and adjustable cam gears. I occasionally get to drive another member's 90 n/a auto(almost completely stock), and it seems to be as fast as mine. His motor is fresh(rebuilt about a year ago), where mine is closing on 210,000 mi.'s on original internals. I wouldn't mind taking both to the track, just to see what difference there is.

I'll also say that this is probably the best built, well thought out car that I've had the pleasure of owning, much less working on. Everything is easy to get to, easy to get apart, and easy to get back together. Well, other than the starter...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Cuel: I did 75 thousand KM's in a single year in my NA and never had to put a wrench on it :)

It just bugs me seeing them slammed by people that somehow think a CT26 makes them superior, I give NA guys shit from time to time but it's in jest and I make sure they know it.

My point before this all went pear shaped was the GE is a very well developed engine and just doesn't have a lot of room for improvement without spending the big $$$.

sgtmcboom

Sep 3, 2006
fort myers florida
I have hered of people spraying the dogsnot out of our motors 200HP fogger systems and such. I know our engines can handle power so thats not an issue. It seams alot of people look at it as no turbo=slow thats not allways the case. If you just used it as a knoledge base and say what are you doing with the car. Do you wana pull up next to a vette and blow the doors off of it? or do you just want it as a n/a daily driver and weekend 1/4 mile fun.
The engines are reliable just add oil is all they should say on them so I mean yeah you are limited but not crippled.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
suprarx7nut;1014594 said:
Anywho.... Do the 7M's gain much from removing the belt driven fan and replacing it with an electric? My roommate was talking about doing it to his e36 and I guess they gain 5hp from getting rid of the fan. Not sure how accurate the claim is, but do we see any positive effects on the 7M?

I've heard about this going even farther, to the point where basically the only belt driven accessory is the alternator. V8 guys have been doing it forever, I'm sure it does something, although it's hard to say for sure how much. I wouldn't think it'd be enough to show up on a dyno.

sgtmcboom;1014783 said:
I have hered of people spraying the dogsnot out of our motors 200HP fogger systems and such. I know our engines can handle power so thats not an issue. It seams alot of people look at it as no turbo=slow thats not allways the case. If you just used it as a knoledge base and say what are you doing with the car. Do you wana pull up next to a vette and blow the doors off of it? or do you just want it as a n/a daily driver and weekend 1/4 mile fun.
The engines are reliable just add oil is all they should say on them so I mean yeah you are limited but not crippled.

I'm under the impression (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that NA and turbo motors are made of the same stuff. The turbos have oil squirters and dished pistons to drop the compression, but I believe they are made out of the same stuff otherwise. Knowing this, I don't see why a 200-300-400 shot wouldn't be possible on a stock motor, considering the stock internals of a 7MGTE are considered to be okay up to ~500rwhp. This would almost be preferable in my book, less wear and tear on the motor. However, boost is just too much fun =]

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
p1014991_1.jpg

There ya go.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I disagree Ian. I think it is actually easier on an engine than other power adders as the stress is only there every once in a while as opposed to very often if not constant.

StevO9389

one wheel peeler
Nov 13, 2007
Clearwater
Quin;1014928 said:
I've heard about this going even farther, to the point where basically the only belt driven accessory is the alternator. V8 guys have been doing it forever, I'm sure it does something, although it's hard to say for sure how much. I wouldn't think it'd be enough to show up on a dyno.

I'm under the impression (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that NA and turbo motors are made of the same stuff. The turbos have oil squirters and dished pistons to drop the compression, but I believe they are made out of the same stuff otherwise. Knowing this, I don't see why a 200-300-400 shot wouldn't be possible on a stock motor, considering the stock internals of a 7MGTE are considered to be okay up to ~500rwhp. This would almost be preferable in my book, less wear and tear on the motor. However, boost is just too much fun =]

you would want to stage the nitrous if exceeding a 150 shot because unlike a turbo this power is instantaneous and that initial shock will piss off the tranny and fuel system. i will be testing the limits of mine by the end of summer.