power from a NA 7m

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
supramacist;1014017 said:
Because there is a difference in being a moron and being a beginner.

Though I think this site gets most its worth from the dozen or so members that REALLY know their shit, I do agree sometimes that beginners gets trampled over *learning* points by those same members.

This site is more helpful than any I've visited, but there are definitely more cranky veterans here than any other forums I've been on. Not sure if that's good or bad.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
supramacist;1014176 said:
What are those dozen worth if say..., 1/10 of them are carcinogenic?

No one should be under fire here for anything posted in this thread.

Easily fixed DON'T post BS as fact in the Tech sections.

Don't like being pulled up on crap posts here you're more than welcome to not come back.

You're a mod over on HPF's forums and have posted a link to a preferred site that you're comfortable on why bother being a member here at all?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
People, tone it down a notch. There's no excuse for the behavior I'm seeing in this thread.

And supremacist, you want to advertise on this forum for another forum, you get permission from me first, next time it's a permaban. Who the hell do you think you are?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Nah Kyle you dynoed it when you were manual cause you were talking about having your clutch slipping or something like that.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
supramacist;1013695 said:
Weight.

Is also a crucial factor in upping the hp.

They're right the standard bolt on things don't do much alone but they start adding up.

I bet alot of people here learned the hard way that you can't just acquire a car and start modding it out.

And furthermore... just to make it blatantly obvious, weight has nothing to do with horsepower. Less weight will increase *performance* sure, but the engine is still putting exactly the same power to the ground.

Nobody gives a damn what crazy claims you want to make here, as long as you have facts and the IQ to back it up. Hell, in many cases we don't even care if you blow smoke, as long as you don't get bitter and grumbly when someone calls BS.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
benchwarmer;1014027 said:
This is what I did. With the stock internals there is really no way to get more power out of it without a turbo. The bolt on mods were hardly worth it, though I do think a better exhaust is a must have for the MKIII.

So I rebuilt the motor with 10.5:1 pistons, ported and polished the head, and dropped in some 264/264 cams. I also dumped as much weight off the rotating assembly as I could. Now it drives like a completely different car. I haven't had a chance to dyno my car yet but it pulls MUCH harder than stock. Now I have to change my gearing, that open 4.30 diff is killing me.

If you want power from an NA that's really the only way to go. It's a lot of work but it really wasn't all that expensive. Granted I'm not going to break any HP records here but it definitely is fun to drive. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat.
+1 Grim^^

I did all that, plus a stroker kit, 60 over 10.5 to 1 pistons, headers, and a few other things, and yes it does feel like a different car. BTW I dynoed at 215 rwhp and 207 torque.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
supramacist;1014017 said:
We'll all just keep looking past Ij and Jdubs amoeba and lack of smarts comments.
Cause that's condusive to this environment and all.

I used to would have thought that tact was requirement for your position. I mean it is for us one celled organisms that just shit talk all about the place.

Then supramania just states that your thoughts and views are not in line with theirs and all of that.

What a joke.

The problem is you keep posting a misinformed opinion as fact. If you're going to act like a single celled organism, you can expect to be treated like one. For the record, I back up what I have to say with facts...something you have a hard time doing.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
You are all just guests here as long as you don't lick the ass the feeds you.

I'll get banned to stand up for my niche market. You guys have no idea how many people that I have taken from here. You have no idea how many of them thank me for it.

You guys hide in your pm boxes handing out your demerits. You can spin this however you all want. I don't care. Hell..., Hitler even went outside.

Ya 1+ 1+ 1+ Are your names like Bob and Neal or is that what you slave trading pieces of internet $hit do where no one can see..., In your pm boxes..., hiding.

Who am I?? I'm the guy that walks the wall for the people you Chode gobblers spit and piss upon

I may not be the best at what I do. But you people aren't either. I'm just ahead of the curve with being grounded enough to know I'm not all that and still try to help people.

You guys help alright. So long as atleast 2 of you can degrade people so you can elevate your own position or already overly inflated ego's.

I can't help it if your perches are so high That you lords of the manner had to come slumming to read up on keeping things real.

SO let's just let it all hang out. You cats are the worst type of terrorists there are.
You team up and push on people and threaten them with your scare tactics and everyone just as IJ puts it. stf'su.

The problem is that I have never been that guy. The conformist. I have been busting you people out inch for inch on your busts on me. You guys can only find technical inefficiency on me. The trash that I'm busting all of you over is personal inefficiency, such as character defects and or flaws.

No matter how I dress you bitches up..., You all still look and smell like fascist ass.

What's really sad is that we all have soldiers getting shot at to protect your rights to act and govern yourselves in such a communist or nazi regime type of fashion.. You're all killing off the average guy to create the perfect sm member. It's going to be lonely in here with all of you yessing eachother to death all day. Regular members excluded ofcourse. I'm only speaking to the SS.

One day one of you punk asses will stroke a bad cock and you'll infect the entire lot of you and when it happens. I'll still be a member of the supra community in another forum where people have respect for one another.

I'd ask for my screen name to be removed but in doing that you remove access to the truth. So..., once all of you mushroom stamped idiots get done finger focking eachothers ass holes and gobbling up ball snot.

Pull the trigger.

I have never respected you Ij you are truley a piece of filth. That just so happens to be hiding from the real world here in ma70ent's illusion of reality. good thing you know supras. I wonder if you know shit else.

I never had anything bad to say about anyone else other than the name calling is bogus.

Way to go for the gold star there Grim. You too AJ. I never did anything to you. Other than I wasn't hand selected by the cloning committee.

All in all, you're absolutely right. Throwing effort after want and you all becoming real people just isn't going to happen.

Gag on them. And spit it out your nose holes.

I'm done trying to respect people that aren't going to respect anyone back for any longer than it takes this to blow over.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I got news for you...I served active duty Air Force 15 years. Got shot at during the 1st go around in Iraq. I'm still in the USAF reserves...to date, my service totals 27 years. To say what you did is an insult to every service member here.

You can rationalize all you want...you're damn sure not a martyr. The bottom line is 80% of the time you have NFI what you are talking about. You do not know how this car works and you substitute a line of crap to make up for it.

I'm not going to pull the trigger...you did. Goodbye.