My restoration project - Rusty 89

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
great build ......... talk with some of the guys here you can make your adaptor a bolt on kit i'm sure some of the guys here will wanted one ..... a new modification to 7m supras intake with the look of a jz series engine.... good luck with your car...

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I'll be modifying the stock fan shroud to fit around the pipe. Obviously, the AC fans will no longer be part of the car...I'm pretty confident the upgraded radiator will more than make up for their absence though.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I like your setup, seems like your not using the stock radiator, same ac location and relocation of the alternator. Also, your FFIM with IC route clear all that. Impressive. I guess you dont have to relocate the battery right? Thats the type of FFIM im looking for.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
yep, no relocation of the battery required. I just need to figure out a better throttle lever design for the Q45 tb...as the lever hits the hood as it currently sits.

I cleaned the PS reservoir in an ultrasonic cleaning bath using a detergent solution. I cleaned the majority of my parts this way.

While I haven't managed to work on the car in the last little while, here is a list of the next things to be done:

Powder coat IC pipes and valve covers, install
Install new engine wiring harness
Install OEM turbo R lip
Finish throttle body install

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
a few things just rolled in this week so I thought I'd share. Apparently it is supposed to warm up soon here, so there should be some actual progress on the car soon. until then, enjoy.

powdercoated NA valve covers:
p1268460_1.jpg

fresh wiring harness:
p1268460_2.jpg

misc. wiring components:
p1268460_3.jpg

Muzy

Oct 3, 2008
Alberta
Wow, whear did you get the harness Adam? Looking good man. And man
I hope it warms up soon, I 'v had enough winter. :icon_bigg Muzy

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Muzy;1268531 said:
Wow, whear did you get the harness Adam? Looking good man. And man
I hope it warms up soon, I 'v had enough winter. :icon_bigg Muzy

got the harness through champion toyota...$400 and change.

I'm hoping I'll get some work done this weekend as it is supposedly going to surpass the 0C mark...

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
JDMMA70;1268615 said:
What i wouldnt do for a new one of those. :love:

are you one of the unfortunate ones falling into the "discontinued" category?

apparently there are still another 6 of mine left kicking around in US warehouses.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
adampecush;1268618 said:

apparently there are still another 6 of mine left kicking around in US warehouses.

yes i am :( Pre89, i found a some what good condition 91 harness that im going to use to make my exsisting harness like new :D I would love to have that black cover that goes across the valve covers.

I hope someone starts making harnesses, like they do for the Z, and old muscle car guys.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
adampecush;1268618 said:

That harness sure is purty. I've got a 91 automatic and should really splurge for one, if they have it.

Adam, are you going to have this on the road this season? I've waited patiently for two winters and then some and I really don't know how much more I can stand. Honestly....:biglaugh: