My restoration project - Rusty 89

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Supraholics;1178043 said:
Looking great adam! Is almost ready to drive!

I can actually say yes to that now...should be another 2-3 days of work and it will be ready to drive into storage for the winter...:)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Muzy;1178441 said:
Is it ready to cruz come spring. Or a couple odds and ends yet. Looks great BTW. muzy

it will be...the odds and ends will be taken care of over the winter.

Oh, and don't expect any updates for the next few days....I'll be in vegas:)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Got some work done tonight...finally put together my fuse box. Note the left side of the fuse box, which was previously empty...It now houses the fuses for my HID lights, audio amplifier, and fuel pump wiring. The fuse box insert is exactly the same as the one which sits beside it, and with a little massaging, in it went.

p1190242_1.jpg

Got my turbo and exhaust system installed as well...heres a shot from the engine bay.

p1190242_2.jpg

This weekend, I'll be putting together my intercooler piping and hopefully winning the battle I'm having with my q45 throttle body....which hits the hood when fully open (d'oh!)

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Made some major progress today - cut and tacked together my intercooler piping... all 2.75" mandrel bent. I was surprised how straightforward running the piping was. I scored a box of 20 mandrel bends on ebay for $60 and the system would have been cheap if it wasn't for the 1' section of straight pipe i needed....which ended up costing me $90 as I had to buy a full 7.5' section....but i digress...I'll be finishing the welding of the pipes monday.

p1191498_1.jpg

Just enough clearance between the rad and AC compressor
p1191498_2.jpg

From this picture you can see the last of my oil lines I assembled today...I'm probably going to be strapping them to the IC piping with some rubber isolators to keep them from rubbing and wearing through random engine parts. I also have this sneaking suspicion that the lower rad hose and the exhaust side IC pipe won't play well together, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

p1191498_3.jpg

And finally, a dark picture of the rear of the car, showing off the newly installed HKS drager exhaust.
p1191498_4.jpg

martin p

1JZ-GTE powered Supra.
Feb 5, 2006
East coast. UK
adampecush;1169497 said:
I'll get some more pictures once I drop the engine in the car...

As far as the EGR is concerned, I just need to put together some new piping, machine a flange, and braze it all together

The MK4 manifold was by no means an easy part to put on the car...there was quite a bit of hand-machining needed to fab the required adapter.

heres the adapter:
p1192472_1.jpg

Hi
Do you have a drawing of the adaptor?, as looking to go down this route myself.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
martin p;1192472 said:
Hi
Do you have a drawing of the adaptor?, as looking to go down this route myself.

Not really...this was another part that was just easier to make by hand...I took a billet piece of steel and cut it down to the rough shape, drilled the required holes for the mounts/gas port, and ground it down from there. The EGR port pointing directly downward.

As for the tubing, I'm using 1/2" OD swagelok stainless tubing, bent to shape with heat over ~2" od pipes (don't have a tube bender bigger than 3/8" unfortunately)