My restoration project - Rusty 89

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Wiring harness was installed on the engine and then dropped into the car as a unit from the factory...

Much like some of the brackets for the steering rack and lines are accessed from the top...where there's an ENGINE in the way.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I can't take credit for that...I can't even take credit for finding the person who did that.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend. I got a couple of small things done, as well as finishing up the wiring harness install, installing the IC pipes, valve covers, and a few other misc. things.

engine bay:
p1294735_1.jpg

intake side:
p1294735_2.jpg

IC pipe clearance:
p1294735_3.jpg

And finally, here is what has been slowing down progress...putting some new flooring in at home. Install is easy, removal of 500 square feet of linoleum is a royal pain in the ass (and back)
p1294735_4.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Looks incredible, Adam. :)

stock alternator bracket and radiator brackets could use some powdercoat/paint

I'm not criticizing, LOL, they just jumped out at me since the rest of the engine bay is what my dreams are made out of. :drool:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
adampecush;1295197 said:
because it is 3/4" hardwood...not engineered wood flooring.
I was going to post about you should not have a hardwood floor in the basement, but i looked and it is most definitely on the 2nd floor lol.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The turbine housing jumps out at me, but I'm not sure what he's doing with that yet...

Looks like the battery is a normal pole version (our cars use reverse poles), be careful it doesn't short to the hood!

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
shaeff;1295219 said:
Looks incredible, Adam. :)

stock alternator bracket and radiator brackets could use some powdercoat/paint

I'm not criticizing, LOL, they just jumped out at me since the rest of the engine bay is what my dreams are made out of. :drool:

they'll get paint...in time.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Poodles;1295347 said:
The turbine housing jumps out at me, but I'm not sure what he's doing with that yet...

Looks like the battery is a normal pole version (our cars use reverse poles), be careful it doesn't short to the hood!

I'm thinking the turbo won't be around for long once I get the car running, so I'm not doing anything with it for now....I'm just going to put a heat shield on it.

edit...the battery is in backwards so the poles don't accidentally touch the wiring harness.

Last edited:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
ola bitches!

Not many pictures lately because I've been doing small time consuming shit that looks very unimpressive. Anyhow, I've managed to finish the driver-side (still need to figure out how to stuff the fields harness above the glove box, but that's for me to worry about). I finally got off my ass and made a throttle cable mount as well. Tomorrow, I'm finishing off my EGR (have some brazing to do). As you can see in the second pic, my fuel pressure regulator is currently without a home. I tried to mount to the rail and failed miserably. Instead, i'm going to attach it to what used to be the J-tube. Possibly more pictures to come tomorrow.

p1349405_1.jpg

p1349405_2.jpg