maftpro is working

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Turns out wideband problem had nothing to do with m/pro, fixed ks wire prob for 52, now codes 24/34 but no light, turns out the ecu is registering a 24 & 34 even after clearing, but they do not set off the check engine light. It does run good with 4.63, now back to retuning.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
bigaaron said:
The maft pro itself is great! The data logging software on the other hand..... :cry:

Greetings from the middle of the Gulf of Mexico........

The TunerPro datalogging stuff is undergoing a major overhaul. I am waiting on some beta stuff to mess with. Release is a couple months out, but is going to be worth the wait!

Bob

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
tookwik4u89 said:
Turns out wideband problem had nothing to do with m/pro, fixed ks wire prob for 52, now codes 24/34 but no light, turns out the ecu is registering a 24 & 34 even after clearing, but they do not set off the check engine light. It does run good with 4.63, now back to retuning.

good to hear.

rakkasan said:
Seconded, thanks a million Adam!

np!

turbobob said:
Greetings from the middle of the Gulf of Mexico........

The TunerPro datalogging stuff is undergoing a major overhaul. I am waiting on some beta stuff to mess with. Release is a couple months out, but is going to be worth the wait!

Bob

hmmmmm....you're on vacation! get off the intarweeeeb and enjoy the sun!

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
I agree with Bigaaron tunerpro is a big headache right now. I bought and installed the maftpro 4 weeks ago. It worked great with speed density in the supplied settings. The only thing that needed adjustment was the tip-in enrich. I have been on a dyno for the last 2 weeks (about 50 diffrent pulls) and have gained about 26hp and 18 ft/lb of torque from my baseline of 211hp and 261 tq. from maftpro adjustments. I really like the product and would reccomend it as the best piggyback out there. But, I would also reccomend that ALL the info needed to install and tune be compiled, rewritten for simplicity and ease of use. Then that be placed in one spot with a seperate place for Q and A. I have read ALL mkIII forum posts, all full throttle posts, all maftpro.com posts, many tunerpro pages and now 77 pages of this thread and I am more confused than ever and can't remember in what places I saw what relevent information concerning the maftpro and tunerpro. Also, I do appreciate your hard work developing this project and helping everone. I hope to get together with BigAaron and figure out tunerpro and make an educated writeup with bins for other tuners to avoid some of the problems we have had. Thank you

kmckiness

Aug 13, 2005
Saint Charles, IL
I can't remember if this was asked or not in this thread because I went through it a few weeks ago but here goes...

Does the AFR auto adjustment with a wideband work only when at WOT or will it also help to keep the AFR at a certain point when cruising?

I know that you want to try to keep the WOT AFR around 12-12.5 (if I am not mistaken). Should the cruise AFR be ser around 14-15?

By following the "Quick Setup Supra 4.4" pdf from the http://www.fullthrottletech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=215&d=1142261716 would that get me up and running for the most part?

I am just worried about keeping my AFR in the correct range for WOT, Cruise, and Idle.

By following the Quick Setup guide I would use these numbers? I know this is just to get the car to start but will it atleast allow me to drive the car home from the mechanics or to a dyno tune place if I am not boosting much? I am adding the 550 CC injectors without installing the Lexus AFM part.

Vehicle Sel: 0
# of Cyl: 6
Displ: 3.0
Airfl Source: 0
MAP Source: 0
Dens Srce: 0
Baro Mode: 1
F-Out Mode 4
V-Out1 Mode 0
V-Out2 Mode 0
AFR Source 1 (I have the LC1 wideband)
F-In Mode 0 - no MAF connected.
Aux1 mode 0
Select "System Setup" by holding the Pg button while pressing RANGE up or down.
Set the following:
Main Scale: This setting adjusts the entire flow range. Can be used to adjust for injector size.
V-Out1 Set: Set for 2.5 volts
V-Out2 Set: Set for 3.6 volts
Afterstart: Set to 0.0 (adjust if I have problems with running lean when starting the car up)
Lo Load Point - the load value for the Tune menu, set to 36.4
Mid Load Point - the load value for the Tune menu, set to 100.1
High Load Point - the load value for the Tune menu, set to 143
F Out Max - set to 0, this can be set to limit MAF output frequency. Use carefully
TM Base - set to 0.0 See Timing Monitor Setup instructions for use
TM Correct - Set to 1.27 See Timing Monitor Setup instructions for use
AF TrDelay - Set to 0. Delay in seconds that AFR tracking will wait after enabling before it will correct.
Quick Setup Supra 4.4.doc
Page 2 of 2
Make sure all settings in the Air Temp, Aux Trig, and the AF tune pages are 0.0
Set the Response: TPS Enrich .50, TPS Decay .80, TB size 7 MAP Enrich 0.4, MAP Decay .80 MAP
TPSmin 0.400 (set to .05 above idle TPS if the Rs parameter is being triggered at idle)

One other question I had is that no where in the guide do they mention where to setup TAF (the target AFR when using the tracking)… so where do I select that option so the Maft-Pro keeps the AFR in check?

I am just trying to gather as much info as I can before I need to set this thing up… it should be in my car around August 1st. Are there any more guides to recommend reading than the 4-5 supra ones that are supplied at the full throttle tech website?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
go back to pg 65. there is some talk about it there.

as far as wot a/f, i try to keep that 11.5 to 11.8 range. on the street tuning 12:1 is ok but dont like pushing it past that. run full time race gas and you could push that a little more.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
drjonez said:
i think we're about done....nm else to add! ;)

Bob figured out timing control. I'm sure he can figure out a way to overcome rev limit without directly controling the injectors like the Rebic did. If not, then maybe down the road we could get a direct control add on and kick the rev limit as well.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
outofstep said:
Bob figured out timing control. I'm sure he can figure out a way to overcome rev limit without directly controling the injectors like the Rebic did. If not, then maybe down the road we could get a direct control add on and kick the rev limit as well.

I have some ideas, Jonez needs to get that car going before his family expands. I need a car to fiddle with...... :)

Bob

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
man, i need to start using the full potential of the PRO. i don't even know how to long a session.. lol

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
malloynx said:
man, i need to start using the full potential of the PRO. i don't even know how to long a session.. lol

LOL, i figured it out, but i had proplems saving it, and it seems like i always breaking my car before i can go log..

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
I haven't been able to get mine to log. I want to create some base logs to review before beginning to tune (will likely wait until MAP conversion so I can monitor timing as well)