maftpro is working

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
turbobob said:
What I posted is for timing CONTROL. DJ is referring to the timing monitor.

There are a couple wires to add, I can send you a couple.

I am going to try to send out some timing control wires next week, I'll send you some thru DJ, since he has your shipping info.

B
:biggrinbo YESSS, that's great news! Bob are these special wires in any way or can I get some locally? It's not like I'm in a hurry (far from it in fact as I'm about a month away of actually installing my maft pro or any other wire in the car for that matter :icon_frow) . It just seems like a big hassle to have just a couple wires sent all the way to Greece...On the other hand if these are maft pro specific I don't mind putting you in the trouble :evil2:.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Awesome, I just recieved mine a few weeks ago, so any chance I could get some wires too? (Or is this just wires and the terminals that snap into the plugs? If so, it should be easy to upgrade the plugs so this works.)

Let me be sure before I cut anything.
1) We still clip the resistor?
2) We add the wires to the plugs, and then splice/connect them to the wire harness as outlined in the PDF?
3) Change the settings in the Maft Pro setup.

Done and you have control over timing, and you can monitor it.

Right?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Those connectors are Molex, any good electronics store should have them or be able to get them. Actually, I have a better idea! If you have an old computer power supply laying around it may have the same connectors on it.
The pins are a little difficult to romove though, so be carefull.

Spun MkIII

Aug 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
turbobob said:
Part Throttle AF tracking using the wideband. I'm still tweaking it, but it works pretty darn well. I unplug my O2 sensors, and let this do the work. I set idle at 14.0, cruise at 14.7, and lean cruise at 16.0......

Since I'm not yet knowledgable enough to control timing, this is what I find most useful. I assume when you say "unplug my O2 sensors" you are just talking about the stock narrowband sensor which would cause it to run in open loop all the time and read off the wideband. If so, do you disconnect the wires going to the narrowband or does this screw with the ECU? I suppose you would need to plug the resulting hole in the downpipe after removing the stock O2 sensor.

Also, how does the ECU know when to run at lean cruise instead of cruise? And then what happens to the A/F ratio when you are at say 1/2 or 2/3 throttle but still below the parameters set for WOT AFR tracking?

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
bigaaron said:
Those connectors are Molex, any good electronics store should have them or be able to get them. Actually, I have a better idea! If you have an old computer power supply laying around it may have the same connectors on it.
The pins are a little difficult to romove though, so be carefull.
Aaron or Bob if you can point me out what type of connectors I'm looking for I'm sure that I can get them from a pc hardware shop locally. I did some ebay search here http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...00&fpos=12137&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi= and maybe you could pin point the necessary connectors there so I could have a visual indication as well.

Last edited:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
OMG, this rocks! Is there even the slightest chance that you could write a small piece of code that says " if AF > 14.0, then pull timing"?? Basically, pull timing to save the motor when an injector or fuel pump fails?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
yannis-supras said:
Aaron or Bob if you can point me out what type of connectors I'm looking for I'm sure that I can get them from a pc hardware shop locally. I did some ebay search here http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...00&fpos=12137&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi= and maybe you could pin point the necessary connectors there so I could have a visual indication as well.

Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATX-P4-MOLEX-MO...ryZ45342QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are the same pins used for ATX power supply connectors in your PC. Just go to a computer store and find an ATX extension.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
the connector on the Pro is 8 pin. If you already have the boost harness you can use the pins from that adapter/pigtail.

You have to extract the pins/wires from the 4 pin connector. Be careful on this, you don't want flaky connections in your timing control circuit.

B

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
yannis-supras said:
Aaron thanks a lot man. Is this all I need then? I might as well buy this very one than drag my lazy ass to a store downtown and look for it :biglaugh:.

The metal pins will be the correct size, but each little plastic housing is a different shape depending on the number of pins in the connector. To get the pins out of the plastic body use a sharp xacto knife and cut the plastic away. Be carefull not to bend the little metal tabs or they will not snap into the maft pro connector bodies.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
bigaaron said:
The metal pins will be the correct size, but each little plastic housing is a different shape depending on the number of pins in the connector. To get the pins out of the plastic body use a sharp xacto knife and cut the plastic away. Be carefull not to bend the little metal tabs or they will not snap into the maft pro connector bodies.

:bigthumb:

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
:nono: Ok forget it, since I'm not very good or patient with flimsy stuff I will not take my chances :icon_conf . Bob can you forward the right wires and plugs to DrJ please :naughty:.
FYI I don't have the boost control harness either.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Most industrial supply stores should carry pin extracters for nearly nothing...
We're so in on the MAft-pro as soon as funds allow.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
IHI-RHC7 said:
Most industrial supply stores should carry pin extracters for nearly nothing...
We're so in on the MAft-pro as soon as funds allow.

The pins are square...... this is the proper tool.... part number 11-03-0044

Bob

Attachments

• 011030044_ats.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 54

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
supralover2000 said:
Hey Bob, I can't download the software from the attached link. maybe you can save it on the supramania server so we don't have to join the forum just to get the software upgrade.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Update 4.63.zip
    96.4 KB · Views: 32