maftpro is working

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
so the real question is when is your "pile" going to be up and running? :icon_bigg

i may be going out of my mind here but with timing control will you be able to have full control or will the ecu still try to take timing control into its own hands? like for example will i be able to counter act if the knock sensor trys to retard timing?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
loki2043 said:
so the real question is when is your "pile" going to be up and running? :icon_bigg

that is the real question....hopefully soon? "season opener" BBQ here is mid-may....

loki2043 said:
i may be going out of my mind here but with timing control will you be able to have full control or will the ecu still try to take timing control into its own hands? like for example will i be able to counter act if the knock sensor trys to retard timing?

timing control is exactly like the MAFT pro's "fuel" control- you're simply able to modifiy what the ECU is doing.

as an aside, if the KS is modifying timing, it's typically for a good reason be glad it's happening...

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ok i've been reading a whole mess of pages in this thread and been searching ALL OVER but i just CANT find a few minor things I need in order to get the tunerpro to read w/ my 4.80 firmware in the mafpro.

what i need
xdf files
ALDL files
pretty much everything i need to load into the tunerpro directory in order for it to work as of now i have the following and am not sure if they are the corect files, they are what came w/ the download of tunerpro 4.14

xdf = 6E.xdf
ALDL = 1227165_6E

I am having some minor problems w/ the car dieing after about 3 minutes of idling at ~ 15--16 afr but then it leans out to about 20-23 shoots back to 13-15 afr and leans back out as far as 30 and dies. I am going to start all over on the calibration process for the lc-1 and hope it helps.

what does er-2 and er-9 mean on the lc-1 w/ xd16? i can find the error codes anywhere.

i want to keep 4.8 on the maftpro but it looks as if not many people have posted up info on it whatsoever, initial settings change allot and there are some values i have questions about but for now i know the maftpro is receiving an AFR from the wideband while it runs, havent driven the car at all for now im just going to settle for a decent idle that lasts more than 3 minutes.

any help would be super!
~Luis

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
is your HAC sensor disconnected or not set up properly if you hooked it up to the maft pro...?

i have the modified 89+ ECU and with the HAC disconnected from the ECU and also not connected to the MAFT for the signal after warm up the car would not idle and die. try to re start and it would fire up then die.

as for the 4.8 files those should be availavle at fullthrottletech.com forums.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
boltz said:
is your HAC sensor disconnected or not set up properly if you hooked it up to the maft pro...?

i have the modified 89+ ECU and with the HAC disconnected from the ECU and also not connected to the MAFT for the signal after warm up the car would not idle and die. try to re start and it would fire up then die.

as for the 4.8 files those should be availavle at fullthrottletech.com forums.

i hunted on there for a while for the 4.8 stuff, should create an account too i guess.

anyway, i did the 89+ ecu hac mod as stated here. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32205&highlight=HAC, you do it differently?, i wanna get tunerpro setup so i can load a bin and locate anything that will let me know whats up. Is there nything i can look for to see if its the hac mod that is causing my stall without taking out the ecu and trying to resolder it?

~Luis

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
Does the car run with the HAC mod wires looped together again allowingthe internal HAC to function? if so then you probably have the wrong setting in the T-Pro or wrong wire hooked up.

No i do not do it differently. My car idles fine for long time with the ECU HAC or with the T-Pro hooked to the HAC wire. If you have neither (disconnected t-pro and un looped wires) it seems to die after warm up until you hook it up. Make sense?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
what setting do you have in the maftpro, i set it up as sealevel because i didnt know what the other settings meant and couldnt find definitions in the quick setup sheet.

I KNOW its hooked up to the right wire on the ecu and T-pro i speant an extensive amount of time labeling and checking my soldering back and forth. the extra wire coming from ecu has been tapped off. If its not the settings in the T-pro then its something inside the ecu thats messed up. perhaps the trace wasnt cut all the way. I will hook up my laptop when i get home from work to see if i can get a value from the T-pro.

thnx man.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
americanjebus said:
what does er-2 and er-9 mean on the lc-1 w/ xd16? i can find the error codes anywhere.

That info is in the Innovate LC-1 Manual, pg 20

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
any news on the timing control??

it's been 237 days i was just reading though and got curious if it's working solid and is adjustable.. '

thanks doc!

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
drjonez said:
as far as i'm concerned, no. i haven't had time to use, perfect it.

darn, im prett stoked still i bought it a few months after you put the info out. and my car has made good power, 324/318 hp/trq @ 13.5 psi, on the stock ct26.

prolly could have made more but the fuel pump wasn't flowing enough fuel(stock)

hopefully by june some progress on the timing control will be made, im going to re-dyno with a 57trim and some fine tunning would be awsome! maybe get some better spool and a fatter torque curve,

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Halsupramk3 (or anyone else), did you ever find a permanent fix to getting rid of code 21 (02 sensor heater short circuit) while running without the stock 02 sensor?

I'm also curious to know if that set of 3x1 ohm resistors was the real culprit behind your ECU failure. P.S. I'm talking about stuff that happened in 2005.