maftpro is working

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
bigaaron said:
I can't log anything either. One the other hand, my ZT-2 wideband has been data logging since day one with zero problems.

Yes, the Zeitronix logging stuff is pretty easy to use.

Tunerpro is getting reworked to fix the logging issues. The new stuff will be much better.

So, those with logging problems: lets get them working.

There are a few things to to to get logging running.

1, ensure you have tunerpro set for Translator Pro logging: In the Tools menu, Preferences selection. ALDL/Emulation tab. Make sure the interface is set to Translator Pro.

2, open the "Setup ALDL Monitor/Logger" window, select the correct .ads file. This file tells tunerpro how to communicate with the Translator Pro, and how to display the data. DO NOT EDIT THE FILE. Tunerpro does not re-save the file correctly and logging will not work......

For 4.00 use TPRO4002.ADS
For 4.20 use TPRO4200.ADS
For 4.40 use TPRO4400.ADS
For 4.60 use TPRO4600.ADS

3, over at the right of the window is a "Select Logfile for Rec/Play" button, click it and enter a filename to save to (like July17Test1) and click "open". Tunerpro will ask you if you want it to create the file, click yes.

Now, tunerpro should connect. (double arrow button)

A video or 2 is on my site showing this stuff.
http://www.bailey-eng.com/instructional/recording.avi

Bob

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
So if I have 4.40, can I update to 4.60?

Where does the .xdf file come into play?

What are the specific functions each file type?

How and why do you load a .bin?

When you "emulate", what exactly does that do?

What does "aldl" mean?

I think the main issue is putting everything in layman's terms.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
bigaaron said:
So if I have 4.40, can I update to 4.60?

Where does the .xdf file come into play?

What are the specific functions each file type?

How and why do you load a .bin?

When you "emulate", what exactly does that do?

What does "aldl" mean?

I think the main issue is putting everything in layman's terms.

updating is easy. http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showpost.php?p=9406&postcount=1

The XDF file tells Tunerpro where all the setting data is located and how to display it.

The ADS file is the logging configuration file.

A BIN file is how you save your settings (your "tune"), you load and save using the file menu. You UPLOAD a bin TO the Translator, you DOWNLOAD a bin FROM the translator.

When you "emulate" tuning changes are sent to the Translator right away. Otherwise the tuning changes are made to the bin file (don't forget to save), and then uploaded.

ALDL means Assembly Line Diagnostic Link, and just is another way to say "logging".

Tunerpro is not that intuitive for many users. This will be better in the new version (out soon I hope)

Bob

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
tookwik4u89 said:
Maft pro FTW!! Bob, is there any possibility of 2 step rev limit being setup in the future?

I want to do it, the ignition hardware looks to be able to do it.........

Lets get some miles on the current stuff. Then I will be able to spin up some special stuff for you guys......

Bob :burnout:

Snotcycle

Jul 16, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
i read all 79 pages tonight, all i can say is wow, im so happy i chose the mk3 supra as my first car to mod. what an amazing community of talented individuals. i very much look forward to having money to get crazy with my 91turbo :icon_bigg :icon_bigg including a maftpro,

Question: How much tuning work is required to get near-stock drivability off boost? how bout on boost? I have never played with any aftermarket car electronics except a turbo timer so i may be on here begging for help in a few months if i get one of these super-duper maftpro's

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
HOLY CRAP this is alot of pages... I dunno if these questions have been answered, but Im gunna ask them anyway...

Ok, Im looking at picking one of these up for my initial start up and break in and then swap over to my AEM... So here are my questions...

1) how hard is this to install? Plug and play?

2) Will it handle 1000cc injectors and a Q45 tb?

3) is this a good idea for motor start up and break in?

Thanks,
Jake

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Reign_Maker said:
1) how hard is this to install? Plug and play?

no harder than a SAFC or the likes. not PnP in the true def. of the phrase.

Reign_Maker said:
2) Will it handle 1000cc injectors and a Q45 tb?

hard to say, but i wouldn't recommend it....that's over 2X the stock inj. size.

Reign_Maker said:
3) is this a good idea for motor start up and break in?

Thanks,
Jake

if you're going to just start it up and break it in, keep the stock ECU and stock injectors in for break-in. you shouldn't be boosting anyway.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I dont have stock injectors... I dont have stock injector clips either... And can stock injectors handle twin monster fuel pumps?

I wont be hammering it, just warming her up before I drop the AEM in... My thinking is, I dont want to send a cold motor down to Titan to tune, so I thought maybe going with MaftPro to break her in some...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Reign_Maker said:
I dont have stock injectors... I dont have stock injector clips either... And can stock injectors handle twin monster fuel pumps?

both of those are easily remedied...

no problems w/stock inj and twin pumps. larger capacity inj. have no great ability to handle flow/press than stock inj....

Reign_Maker said:
I wont be hammering it, just warming her up before I drop the AEM in... My thinking is, I dont want to send a cold motor down to Titan to tune, so I thought maybe going with MaftPro to break her in some...

eh, my only worry is breaking in an engine w/1000cc inj. and a stock ECU. you stand a good chance of washing down the cylinders w/that much fuel. if nothing else, find some smaller inj. that use the c-type clips. IIRC the stealth/3kgt come with 330s stock that utilize the same style connector.

catch2nd

80's toyota lover
Mar 30, 2005
Oldest fair in CT
Hey adam,
I got everything hooked up and working, however the AFR reading on the maft does not match the LC-1 reading when i hooked up my notebook computer. The maft is saying super rich ( 8 or 9:1) where the LC-1 logmanager reads around 14.7 at idle.

The TPS was adjusted a while back, and prior to my removal of my AFC last week, the TPS was reading fine 0% at closed 100% at full open. The maft voltage however reads .44 at close but only hits 3.5 +/- at wide open.

I'll send you a p/m with my phone number if you could possibly give me a call.

-Dustin

Snotcycle

Jul 16, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
Snotcycle said:
Question: How much tuning work is required to get near-stock drivability off boost? how bout on boost? I have never played with any aftermarket car electronics except a turbo timer so i may be on here begging for help in a few months if i get one of these super-duper maftpro's

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
catch2nd said:
Hey adam,
I got everything hooked up and working, however the AFR reading on the maft does not match the LC-1 reading when i hooked up my notebook computer. The maft is saying super rich ( 8 or 9:1) where the LC-1 logmanager reads around 14.7 at idle.

The TPS was adjusted a while back, and prior to my removal of my AFC last week, the TPS was reading fine 0% at closed 100% at full open. The maft voltage however reads .44 at close but only hits 3.5 +/- at wide open.

-Dustin
What software version do you have? When i started with 4.4 mine was off by 1.0 (with dynojet), i just changed options to one that matched my wideband reading....after i reflashed to 4.63, it reads right on for dynojet. TPS reads .44 idle, 3.44 on mine and all mk3s close to that, it wont say 5.0 wot like the manual says, just figure on 3.44v wot when you calculate where to start with your settings.

catch2nd

80's toyota lover
Mar 30, 2005
Oldest fair in CT
tookwik4u89 said:
What software version do you have? When i started with 4.4 mine was off by 1.0 (with dynojet), i just changed options to one that matched my wideband reading....after i reflashed to 4.63, it reads right on for dynojet. TPS reads .44 idle, 3.44 on mine and all mk3s close to that, it wont say 5.0 wot like the manual says, just figure on 3.44v wot when you calculate where to start with your settings.

still using 4.4, however I just noticed that with the car off the AFR reads 7.5... I either have a setting wrong, or the LC-1 is wired into the maft incorrectly!!!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
catch2nd said:

-Dustin

sorry, no chance of that. i already spend way too much time supporting the MAFT pro + MKIIIs in general online to have to start talking on the phone....sorry!

took is right, your TPS readings are spot on normal.

what are your settings for the WB in the MAFT pro?