maftpro is working

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
oh sick so it does work then... awesome

So how many people are now up and running with this setup?

seems there really hasnt been much trouble getting the car running with this setup

Edit
I had one other question as well... You offer free software upgrades are there any plans of changing the unit? or does it look like everything in the future shall be just a software upgrade?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
bigal0043 said:
oh sick so it does work then... awesome

So how many people are now up and running with this setup?

seems there really hasnt been much trouble getting the car running with this setup

Edit
I had one other question as well... You offer free software upgrades are there any plans of changing the unit? or does it look like everything in the future shall be just a software upgrade?

yup, it does work.

had to say how many people have it, i personally have sold over 15....

no plans for a hardware revision as of yet.

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
you said this can work just as a safc right? if i were to switch to speed density i dont have to switch to bigger injectors i would assume...
so my question is do you guys have like a build up worksheet.. like what should be done before you car first and whats next and so on?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
bigal0043 said:
you said this can work just as a safc right?...

sure does, please read the FAQ linked in my sig.

bigal0043 said:
...if i were to switch to speed density i dont have to switch to bigger injectors i would assume...

injector size has nothing to do w/how you use the MAFT pro (SAFC, MAFT or speed/density).

bigal0043 said:
...so my question is do you guys have like a build up worksheet.. like what should be done before you car first and whats next and so on?

sounds like great material for a new thread. let's keep on topic here w/the MAFT pro....

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Adam I was checking a thread in sf forums and it was mentioned there that if/when you run speed density you can actually eliminate the ISC valve and still retain smooth engine start ups and operation. Is that a fact and if it is does that mean that this could be done with the maft pro/map sensor set up? :naughty:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
Adam I was checking a thread in sf forums and it was mentioned there that if/when you run speed density you can actually eliminate the ISC valve and still retain smooth engine start ups and operation. Is that a fact and if it is does that mean that this could be done with the maft pro/map sensor set up? :naughty:

i'm not really sure where this myth started from, but it's not true. the ISC is an integral part of the engine control and it gives the ECU the ability to achieve a rock solid idle even while running closed loop (for emissions). sure, you can ditch the ISC with any induction setup (MAF, AFM, SD, etc.), but you'll still have a loping idle due to closed loop....

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
i'm not really sure where this myth started from, but it's not true. the ISC is an integral part of the engine control and it gives the ECU the ability to achieve a rock solid idle even while running closed loop (for emissions). sure, you can ditch the ISC with any induction setup (MAF, AFM, SD, etc.), but you'll still have a loping idle due to closed loop....
:icon_conf :( So much for my high hopes then. It did sound too good to be true I have to admit.

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
so is there any way to get rid of isc valve without problems

I would wager a guess of NO there is no way to remove a device which controls air getting into the manifold. The ecu tells the ISC how much and it lets it in. If you take it off you no longer have the ability to allow that air in.

I don't get why you want to remove it. Even if i had a custom manifold for FFI i would have the ISC installed. I wouldn't sacrifice smooth idle for less clutter

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
for other reasons nothing to do with a 7m really its just cus the 2j and 7m have differant ISC's and so far it has proven it may be a pita to wire up when i finish the swap

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
cruzinbill said:
so is there any way to get rid of isc valve without problems
Well the only way would be with an aftermarket ecu (AEM etc).

boltz said:
I don't get why you want to remove it. Even if i had a custom manifold for FFI i would have the ISC installed. I wouldn't sacrifice smooth idle for less clutter
The reason I want to remove it is because of the crappy idle I used to have before starting my engine rebuild. I have 4-5 ISC valves, 3 of them don't fail the TSRM test, 2 do and bizzarely enough it's one of the two failing ones that works better but still I have eratic idle. Like 550-600rpm when cold and 800-900rpm when warm :icon_conf :wtf: . Checked everything else but this is not the time or the right thread to talk about it. Now that I started reassembing my engine I do know where I put what and when the time comes if it still doesn't work I will definatelly bring it up again.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
DRJ,

If the timing control issues are worked out, will there be (or can there be) a control feature that will pull timing if the motor runs too lean? I love the auto tune/wideband intergration, but I'd love to see a little redundancy too so if the wideband sensor, afpr, fuel pump or an injector goes down, MAFTPro will help save your motor.

Just a thought...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
rakkasan said:
DRJ,

If the timing control issues are worked out, will there be (or can there be) a control feature that will pull timing if the motor runs too lean? I love the auto tune/wideband intergration, but I'd love to see a little redundancy too so if the wideband sensor, afpr, fuel pump or an injector goes down, MAFTPro will help save your motor.

Just a thought...

definitely an interesting idea....i'll put the q to bob....

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
In efforts of keeping the scaling of the signal to a minimum, Doc says to lower the fuel pressure and balance things out. What fuel pressure are those of you running 680cc injectors dialed in at? and how much correction/scaling of the signal did you end up with?
Also, has anyone used the timing monitor feature yet? If so, what were your findings? fuel vs. boost vs timing?

Last edited:

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
supralover2000 said:
Hey Doc and Bob,
where is the write up for the timing monitor?

Im wondering too. The new instructions for setup are here:

http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=1547

But I was told that in addition to the software setup, a resistor has to be changed/removed from the control unit. Is this true? I have the new software loaded, but have not got around to mod'ing the hardware. Any info/writeup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
alright this is kind of like a side question not related to supras but sort of...

my friend is getting 3sgte engine for his celica... would this be helpful for his car? i dont know much about their engines but they do use a ct-20b turbo so i would assume they are pretty similar

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
supralover2000 said:
Hey Doc and Bob,
where is the write up for the timing monitor?

AFAIK, no not yet.

supralover2000 said:
In efforts of keeping the scaling of the signal to a minimum, Doc says to lower the fuel pressure and balance things out. What fuel pressure are those of you running 680cc injectors dialed in at? and how much correction/scaling of the signal did you end up with?
Also, has anyone used the timing monitor feature yet? If so, what were your findings? fuel vs. boost vs timing?

you can't compare what others are running, only what works for YOUR car. every car is different, every turbo is different, every set up is different. play with yours to see what it likes.

NJsupraA70 said:
Im wondering too. The new instructions for setup are here:

http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=1547

But I was told that in addition to the software setup, a resistor has to be changed/removed from the control unit. Is this true? I have the new software loaded, but have not got around to mod'ing the hardware. Any info/writeup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

you are correct.

bigal0043 said:
alright this is kind of like a side question not related to supras but sort of...

my friend is getting 3sgte engine for his celica... would this be helpful for his car? i dont know much about their engines but they do use a ct-20b turbo so i would assume they are pretty similar

won't work- 3S-GTE uses the flapper AFM, MAFT pro doesn't have the factors for that AFM yet.