maftpro is working

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Adam,
I've searched this thread, but I didn't notice any mention of the ideal location to place the MAP sensor. Where would be ideal? I/C piping before the BOV, after the BOV but before the TB, in the manifold itself????

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
rakkasan said:
Adam,
I've searched this thread, but I didn't notice any mention of the ideal location to place the MAP sensor. Where would be ideal? I/C piping before the BOV, after the BOV but before the TB, in the manifold itself????

the MAP sensor needs to be connected to any post TB vac line.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
drjonez said:
the MAP sensor needs to be connected to any post TB vac line.

?? Maybe I have the wrong sensor in mind, but I'm refering to the one in this picture.....
p151756_1.jpg

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
Any vacuum like that goes directly into your intake plenum... not your 3000 pipe and not your throttle body.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
jkbmkiii said:
waiting sucks!!!! I was excited but I guess my excitement will have to wait....
Tell me about it man but hey...think about when you receive your new parts and even better think of this baby fitted and working on your car!!! :biglaugh:

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
I've got an injector size related question. Is there a size limitation related to the maft pro's functionality? I mean is it a fact that the larger the injectors the lower flowing reading will get to the stock ECU, and the ECU supposedly bases its ignition advance off of that. ...so the larger your injectors, the higher the ignition timing which is not a GOOD THING.
I'm about to buy my injectors and I'm indecisive between 550cc and 680cc. My current goal is ~500whp but my setup could withstand/support 600whp so I'd like to have some safety headroom.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
yannis-supras said:
Tell me about it man but hey...think about when you receive your new parts and even better think of this baby fitted and working on your car!!! :biglaugh:

I have been thinking like that since I first started saving money for the set up!!!! maft + speed den+boost control+ LC1 It will be awesome!!!!!!

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
I know this question has been asked......... Where is the best place to put the IAT sensor, to prevent heat soak???????

I was going to put the wideband 24 inch from the turbo is that good?
suggestions?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
I've got an injector size related question. Is there a size limitation related to the maft pro's functionality? I mean is it a fact that the larger the injectors the lower flowing reading will get to the stock ECU, and the ECU supposedly bases its ignition advance off of that...

i think you're confused- larger injectors don't send any sort of "flow reading" to the ECU, unless you're scaling the AFM input via the MAFT pro or other device. please clarify...

yannis-supras said:
...so the larger your injectors, the higher the ignition timing which is not a GOOD THING.
I'm about to buy my injectors and I'm indecisive between 550cc and 680cc. My current goal is ~500whp but my setup could withstand/support 600whp so I'd like to have some safety headroom.

you're correct that removing signal from the AFM input will lead to MORE ign advance (ECU thinks there's less air coming in, which means more timing advance), not always the best thing but the 7M's timing tables are pretty conservative anyway.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
i think you're confused- larger injectors don't send any sort of "flow reading" to the ECU, unless you're scaling the AFM input via the MAFT pro or other device. please clarify...
Well I thought that was obvious since it's a maft pro related question but yes I mean after scaling the AFM input via the MAFT pro.

drjonez said:
you're correct that removing signal from the AFM input will lead to MORE ign advance (ECU thinks there's less air coming in, which means more timing advance), not always the best thing but the 7M's timing tables are pretty conservative anyway.
So does that mean that the larger the injector the bigger chance of error in timing advance? What would be a safe injector size to play with for about 550-600whp?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
Well I thought that was obvious since it's a maft pro related question but yes I mean after scaling the AFM input via the MAFT pro.

heh. not so obvious to me! ;)

yannis-supras said:
So does that mean that the larger the injector the bigger chance of error in timing advance? What would be a safe injector size to play with for about 550-600whp?

i wouldn't look @ it as you run XXX injector so you should scale your input by XX%. balance all parameters- adjust fuel press to keep the AFM correction to a minumum, etc.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jkbmkiii said:
I know this question has been asked......... Where is the best place to put the IAT sensor, to prevent heat soak???????

provided you have stock IC pipe routing, place it in the IC pipe by the fender. that way you're clear of the exhaust and engine...

jkbmkiii said:
I was going to put the wideband 24 inch from the turbo is that good?
suggestions?

sure. as already stated, i run w/mine in the same spot as the NB sensor ~4" from the turbine.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
i wouldn't look @ it as you run XXX injector so you should scale your input by XX%. balance all parameters- adjust fuel press to keep the AFM correction to a minumum, etc.
So with right tuning with the maft pro will it be safe to run 680cc injectors? I'm about to buy these and I would like to know for sure before I do.