maftpro is working

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Has anyone monitored the timing? Sorry if I missed this, but has anyone actually used the MAFT-pro to see how many degrees of timing our cars are running at high rpm's? I know it will vary, but I was just wondering.

NJsupraA70

Ex-Supra Owner
Sep 18, 2005
NJ
MRSUPRA said:
Has anyone monitored the timing? Sorry if I missed this, but has anyone actually used the MAFT-pro to see how many degrees of timing our cars are running at high rpm's? I know it will vary, but I was just wondering.

I will get you my timing #'s within a few days.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jkbmkiii said:
DR J

All the maftpro stuff came in today all looks great thanks!

good to hear man, enjoy!

to everyone else w/open orders, we are STILL waiting on the speed/density harnesses. if you want everything but the harness shipped, drop me a line. i apologize for the delay, this is out of my hands....

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Originally Posted by supralover2000
In efforts of keeping the scaling of the signal to a minimum, Doc says to lower the fuel pressure and balance things out. What fuel pressure are those of you running 680cc injectors dialed in at? and how much correction/scaling of the signal did you end up with?
Also, has anyone used the timing monitor feature yet? If so, what were your findings? fuel vs. boost vs timing?

Doc's Reply:
you can't compare what others are running, only what works for YOUR car. every car is different, every turbo is different, every set up is different. play with yours to see what it likes.

Thanks for the reply Doc, Agreeing with your reply, the first part of this question was meant to address fuel pressure at idle, under the assumption that most folks here that have upgraded to 680cc injectors and are using a maftpro are more than likely using some type of AFPR and at least a single Walbro pump.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
jkbmkiii said:
DRJ, you sell injectors???? if so I need some and trying to decide what size and where to buy.

you said w/o all the extras ie- clips and o- rings?
where would I find those?

What are the prices for your injectors? any luck on the clips?
I was thinking that 550cc would do for a while, but what other sizes do you carry and what is the price on them?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
just a note- i finally received all the missing parts from all my open orders. so, all open orders (except those awaiting ECU modifications and international orders) have shipped as of today (3/15) via priority mail. if you haven't received your order by mid-next week let me know. i apologize for the delays!

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Ok a question about IAT & MAP sensor fittment. I know it's been mentioned that both these can be mounted on the intake pipe as close and prior to the throttle body as possible. Could these be mounted just past the throttly body? I have one of Ron's FFIMs and this is what I mean:

p167182_1.jpg

So could any of these sensors or even both be mounted on the elbow past the t/b?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
i recommend putting the IAT in the IC pipe just before the TB because there's less chance of heat soak there.....you can put it in the intake manifold, but there is the chance of heat soak.

the MAP sensor can be connected to any post TB vac line.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
i recommend putting the IAT in the IC pipe just before the TB because there's less chance of heat soak there.....you can put it in the intake manifold, but there is the chance of heat soak.

the MAP sensor can be connected to any post TB vac line.
So Adam any of these three side ports will do for the MAP sensor, right?

p167199_1.jpg

Does it matter in what angle the IAT sensor is mounted? The way my i/c pipe is located I could either mount it on position 1 (09:50 clock angle indication) which would be a tight fit next to the radiator or position 2 (6:30 c.a.i.) vertically from undernieth (most preffered spot). Also my blow off valve will be mounted where I'm pointing out on the photo. Will that affect the sensor's location?

p167199_2.jpg

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:

yessir!

yannis-supras said:
Does it matter in what angle the IAT sensor is mounted? The way my i/c pipe is located I could either mount it on position 1 (09:50 clock angle indication) which would be a tight fit next to the radiator or position 2 (6:30 c.a.i.) vertically from undernieth (most preffered spot). Also my blow off valve will be mounted where I'm pointing out on the photo. Will that affect the sensor's location?

angle doesn't matter. i have my IAT mounted underneath @ a funky angle....

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Ok thanks Adam, that's how I was planning to mount mine as well, underneath. So my blow off valve won't do anything to the IAT sensor that will be like 1" away from it right?

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
Hey guys.

Timing control is progressing. I had some stuff to finish up for boost response and had to work on the user manual.

There will be a software release with the response stuff pretty soon.

The Manual has been posted at Full Throttle Tech.

Bob

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
yannis-supras said:

You want to watch out for ports that are close to cylinder runners, you can get a choppy MAP signal which will not be optimal......

I usually like to see the MAP sensor tapped near the throttle body, away from individual cylinders.

Bob

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
turbobob said:
You want to watch out for ports that are close to cylinder runners, you can get a choppy MAP signal which will not be optimal......

I usually like to see the MAP sensor tapped near the throttle body, away from individual cylinders.

Bob
So Bob would just past the t/b be ideal? If you can see on the pictures above I was thinking to tap it on the elbow pipe of my manifold right past the t/b.