maftpro is working

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
yannis-supras said:
So Bob would just past the t/b be ideal? If you can see on the pictures above I was thinking to tap it on the elbow pipe of my manifold right past the t/b.

That sounds better. Its somewhat hard to tell from the pics. You want a good clean vacuum signal for your fuel pressure regulator and the MAP sensor.

Bob

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
p168841_1.jpg

I mean one of these three locations, prefferably the one on the left.
Also, will there be any implications by having the blow off valve port and the IAT sensor port less than 1" apart?

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
yannis-supras said:
p168849_1.jpg

I mean one of these three locations, prefferably the one on the left.
Also, will there be any implications by having the blow off valve port and the IAT sensor port less than 1" apart?

Put the IAT in the intercooler pipe, near the BOV is fine. The neck of the intake is ok too. Any of those are probably fine for the MAP. You want to watch for "Throttle Steering", i.e turbulence from the throttle blade messing with the MAP signal. If you stay on the side like that, parallel with the throttle shaft you should be fine.

Bob

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
turbobob said:
Put the IAT in the intercooler pipe, near the BOV is fine. The neck of the intake is ok too. Any of those are probably fine for the MAP. You want to watch for "Throttle Steering", i.e turbulence from the throttle blade messing with the MAP signal. If you stay on the side like that, parallel with the throttle shaft you should be fine.

Bob
Ok, so basically I have to tap the map vacuum pipe on level with the throttle shaft, right? I mean if the t/b shaft is located (clock indication) 8:45 to 3:15 then my MAP vacuum pipe should be parallel to this plane, right?

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
Close is fine. What you don't want is to be at 90 degrees to this or at part throttle the air will be shooting off the top of the blade right at the MAP port.

Bob

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
So on my v4.40 MAFTPRO. I just need to set the F-In mode to 20 for supra timing and make sure the jumper inside the box is set to "off" (checked and it is).

I'm getting numbers: TM is around 29.2 at idle and progressively lower 28, 27, etc. as the revs/boost go up. I'll try and get some logs when the car is in one piece again. Does that sound about right?

-15% in main scale to compensate a little for my 680's until the AFPR comes. And around 18psi on 93pump gas.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
can someone tell me what type connection is made between the maftpro and a laptop? as in usb,serial or what? a picture on the side or back of the unit would be cool so i can see where the connections are located. thanks.. i want to know so i can find a good place to mount when i get mine..

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
atlpd3147 said:
can someone tell me what type connection is made between the maftpro and a laptop? as in usb,serial or what? a picture on the side or back of the unit would be cool so i can see where the connections are located. thanks.. i want to know so i can find a good place to mount when i get mine..
It's a serial connection. Here's the back of the unit:

p177098_1.jpg

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
can you remove the plumbing for the isc(the lines going to the accordian hose) once your running speed density? Ive seen alot of vpc guys do this wasnt sure what good it does

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jpeek29208 said:
can you remove the plumbing for the isc(the lines going to the accordian hose) once your running speed density? Ive seen alot of vpc guys do this wasnt sure what good it does

sure you could, but you'll need to make sure you have a LARGE breather on the ISC....some have had issues w/small ones.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
sure you could, but you'll need to make sure you have a LARGE breather on the ISC....some have had issues w/small ones.
Adam does that mean that the ISC piping would still be somehow necessary to be connected to the turbo's inlet even with the speed density setup? I thought that this could be binned for good. When you say a large breather, how do you mean compared to a Greddy cath can modified to have two inlets and one outlet port at the bottom that would vent in the atmosphere?
Man I need to know this soon cause I'm fixing my piping at the moment and I thought that this wasn't going to be an issue.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
not sure why you would run the ISC output to a catch can, but it might work. the best thing to do is just try it and see....if it doesn't work, get yourself a breather filter and slap it on the ISC itself.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
not sure why you would run the ISC output to a catch can, but it might work. the best thing to do is just try it and see....if it doesn't work, get yourself a breather filter and slap it on the ISC itself.
Well obviously you'd run the ISC output to a catch can when you're such a dork to mix it up with PCV :nuts: :crazy1: . Yeap that's me talking :bsflag: as I messed that one up big time.

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
well im just going to ask cause there is wayyy to many pages to search thru. Hows the boost control on the maft pro? Compared to other ebc. I read the manual but its a bit confusing.

Also how difficult is the computer interface? Do you have to use the computer to do everything(like emanage)?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
Well obviously you'd run the ISC output to a catch can when you're such a dork to mix it up with PCV :nuts: :crazy1: . Yeap that's me talking :bsflag: as I messed that one up big time.

:eek:ffwall: :biglaugh:

jpeek29208 said:
well im just going to ask cause there is wayyy to many pages to search thru. Hows the boost control on the maft pro? Compared to other ebc. I read the manual but its a bit confusing.

heh. what, you can't read 50 pages!?!? ;)

boost control is quite good, a few different options for it and it works well. it makes more sense when you have the unit in hand to play with...

jpeek29208 said:
Also how difficult is the computer interface? Do you have to use the computer to do everything(like emanage)?

i would say the PC interface is OK....not wonderful, but there's some good info in the latest rev. of the manual.

nope, no need for a PC. you can do everything from the keypad.

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
ok heres a questions or two:
for target af feature do you have to have the wideband in and on all the time? Do you tell it to do target af and it sets up a map or what?

Which leads to, can i use someone else's wideband to tune my car and then give it back to them after its set?