maftpro is working

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Dr J,

How often should one replace the WB sensor? Since the MAFT-Pro is making it's adjustments/calculations off of the sensor data, I would want to ensure the WB stayed at peak performance. In other words, how long do they last typically?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
the MAFT pro is only making adjustments based off the WB if you use AFR tracking.

WB life is totally dependent on frequency of use, placement, fuel type and condition of engine. it's near impossible to guess @ replacement interval, it will be different for everyone. your best bet is to calibrate it when in doubt.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
the MAFT pro is only making adjustments based off the WB if you use AFR tracking.

WB life is totally dependent on frequency of use, placement, fuel type and condition of engine. it's near impossible to guess @ replacement interval, it will be different for everyone. your best bet is to calibrate it when in doubt.
Doc based on the parameters you just mentioned what would be the ideal location for the sensor so as to work and last the longer? Consider that 100-101RON fuel will be used at all times and that I intend to use it as the permanent O2 sensor if that's an option.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
yannis-supras said:
Doc based on the parameters you just mentioned what would be the ideal location for the sensor so as to work and last the longer? Consider that 100-101RON fuel will be used at all times and that I intend to use it as the permanent O2 sensor if that's an option.

I would put it at least 24 inches downstream of the turbo. WBO_2 are more suseptable to heat/fuel damage than regular O_2 sensors.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
yannis-supras said:
Come on now people, any more specific information on the wideband O2 sensor location for unleaded running cars?

I would put it at least 24 inches downstream of the turbo. WBO_2 are more suseptable to heat/fuel damage than regular O_2 sensors.

You run unleaded 99.95% of the time, so what I said applies best.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
so would one be able to do the hac mod themselves? wats all involved in doing it.. because my car is my DD so i cant send in my ecu... also im living in BC CANADA which is by no means a hilly area and very close to sea level.... also would we have to replace the ait sensor at any intervals? or is pretty much good for however long the car lives..

casper35404

May 20, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
malloynx, do you think that the MAFTPRO running at speed density would be a good option for a nearly stock car? I would be running it with the wideband and as a boost controller.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
stratoayu said:
so would one be able to do the hac mod themselves? wats all involved in doing it.. because my car is my DD so i cant send in my ecu... also im living in BC CANADA which is by no means a hilly area and very close to sea level.... also would we have to replace the ait sensor at any intervals? or is pretty much good for however long the car lives..

sure, i guess....provided you have some soldering knowledge and are OK w/possibly screwing up your ECU.

no need to replace the IAT, it should be fine for the life of your car.

casper35404 said:
malloynx, do you think that the MAFTPRO running at speed density would be a good option for a nearly stock car? I would be running it with the wideband and as a boost controller.

as always, it depends on what YOU want to do w/the car. what goals do you have? decide on some, then figure out how to get there. the MAFT pro is useful in that it is flexible- you can use it like a SAFC to start, then you can expand it to speed/density and boost control if you feel so inclined.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
well wats all involved in doing the hac sensor.. my brother just graduated from college with a degree in avionics electrical so im pretty sure he would be able to tackle it.

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
Doing the HAC mod is probably not necessary. You can always do it later if you notice the tune change as you drive up and down the mountain...... :)

Bob

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
just a note for all of those with open orders- the innovative LC-1 is on backorder and due 3/6 as are the speed/density harnesses. if you have any questions regarding your order, please contact me. i apologize for the delay.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
just a note for all of those with open orders- the innovative LC-1 is on backorder and due 3/6 as are the speed/density harnesses. if you have any questions regarding your order, please contact me. i apologize for the delay.
Oh well...I guess all we can do is wait then, right?