maftpro is working

elhsupra

Quad Cam Abuser
May 3, 2005
TX
:D
Thanks, but as much time that I spent and as many headaches that I've given my wife....
she would kill me :bigun2: and I have to keep her happy, she is the queen of the house :bowdown: :biggrinki

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
born2drv said:
wow, seems like this thing can do everything........

can it be hooked up to a radar detector and lower boost curve when the cops are right on my ass? :)

thanks in advance!

Actually, it can do that..............

Still working on the toast function.

B

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Bob, Adam I'm sure it's been mentioned on this thread before but I can't remember exactly; is the AEM UEGO compatible and fully functional with the maftpro? Will it datalog and autocorrect AFR? I'm about to buy this and I wanna make sure that it will work. I know the LM1 is a superior unit but I preffer to go for the minimal looks and space efficient size of the AEM plus the "$" factor is quite concerning.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
drjonez said:
what about the innovative LC-1? even cheaper...

i'll have to double check which WB factors are in the MAFT pro....we need to add the zietronix and the AEM for sure.

Word. Let us know if the LC-1 is supported. That drops the "autotune your car" price by quite abit if the WB is only 100 bucks.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
seriously! i guess i'm selling my Greddy WB o2, as i doubt it's compatible with this, and compatability is key!

-shaeff

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
outofstep said:
Word. Let us know if the LC-1 is supported. That drops the "autotune your car" price by quite abit if the WB is only 100 bucks.

the LC-1 is supported.

note that the $149 LC-1 does NOT include the sensor.

also note that i sell innovative stuff. ;)

Last edited:

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I thought the LC-1 came with the sensor but not the gauge/monitor? What the heck am I thinking of then? I know there is a wideband setup that is the sensor and converter (whatever it is that outputs the right signal) that only runs ~150 bucks?

Or maybe that is what I was thinking? Like the 0_2 only ran ~50 bucks or so for the LC1? meh...

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
the LC-1 is supported.

note that the $100 LC-1 does NOT include the sensor.

also note that i sell innovative stuff. ;)
Well the LC-1 is not displayed on the FullThrottleSpeed site therefore I wasn't aware of it's existance, checked the Innovate site though. So this unit is fully compatible and functional with the maftpro? Can it do all the cool stuff that the maftpro requires a wideband to do? And if that's afirmative how much is the wideband+sensor package inc. shipping to Greece?

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
Quick question re removing the AFM.

Once you remove the AFM completely, what do you do about the AFM code that will be thrown?

Also, is there any advantage, other than getting rid of a component, to using the boost control if we already have electronic boost control.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
jwhiting said:

Once you remove the AFM completely, what do you do about the AFM code that will be thrown?.

the unit will fool the ecu into thinking there is a afm in the car..

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
outofstep said:
I thought the LC-1 came with the sensor but not the gauge/monitor? What the heck am I thinking of then? I know there is a wideband setup that is the sensor and converter (whatever it is that outputs the right signal) that only runs ~150 bucks?

Or maybe that is what I was thinking? Like the 0_2 only ran ~50 bucks or so for the LC1? meh...

the LC-1 can be purchased with ($199) and w/o ($149) the sensor, as shown here:

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/it...9E3EVEREST5E}~Cc~AFMGAUGE~iTpStatus~1~Tp~.htm

(i'm near positive that link won't work due to cookies, try Innovate Wide Band Air / Fuel, Standalone Gauge Kits And Lambda Cables)

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
Well the LC-1 is not displayed on the FullThrottleSpeed site therefore I wasn't aware of it's existance, checked the Innovate site though. So this unit is fully compatible and functional with the maftpro? Can it do all the cool stuff that the maftpro requires a wideband to do? And if that's afirmative how much is the wideband+sensor package inc. shipping to Greece?

LC-1 IS displayed on FTS' site, see above.

yes, the LC-1 is fully compatible w/the MAFT pro.

contact me via PM for price/shipping.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jwhiting said:

Once you remove the AFM completely, what do you do about the AFM code that will be thrown?

Also, is there any advantage, other than getting rid of a component, to using the boost control if we already have electronic boost control.

the AFM is removed, but the MAFT pro "translates" a signal from either a MAF or a speed/density setup into something the ECU can read. as far as the ECU is concerned, the AFM is still there as it is seeing what the AFM would output.

no real advantage over any other EBC, except maybe some features, etc. really depends on what EBC you currently have.

atlpd3147 said:
the unit will fool the ecu into thinking there is a afm in the car..

no fooling involved, just simple calculations.

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
So basically, if I get it right from the pictures, this is a fully functional wideband in the form of a cable, that when installed it will be literally invisible in the interior of the car, right? And it will still provide all the info needed to the maftpro that will be displayed on the latter's display? If all the above are correct then this is ideal for my application. Don't want any more gauges or display devices for my interior, no room left for'em...Things will start looking a bit over the top with oil.press.,oil temp.,water temp.,boost press.,fuel press.,volt meter,two EGTs,tyre press.,tyre temp.,gauges , an AVCR, the maftpro and a Defi headup display:dunno:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yannis-supras said:
So basically, if I get it right from the pictures, this is a fully functional wideband in the form of a cable, that when installed it will be literally invisible in the interior of the car, right? And it will still provide all the info needed to the maftpro that will be displayed on the latter's display? If all the above are correct then this is ideal for my application. Don't want any more gauges or display devices for my interior, no room left for'em...Things will start looking a bit over the top with oil.press.,oil temp.,water temp.,boost press.,fuel press.,volt meter,two EGTs,tyre press.,tyre temp.,gauges , an AVCR, the maftpro and a Defi headup display:dunno:

yessir, you're correct! the WB controller is in the "hump" in the cable. the controller still has outputs and is programable, but it is quite a compact package.