Indiana Supra Meet - May 10, 2008! (Merging with WWIV)

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Quin;1017181 said:
There has to be at least 8, I know Nate already left to come, me and Grant and Caleb are all heading up soon, so unless Jeff, Jon, Matt and Jason don't show up randomly we'll have at least eight lol

Quin, when you guy's heading up?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Oh, Quin, don't worry.

There'll be more than 8.

If you're talking in terms of head count....We had about 20 last night.

A BIT CLOUDLY, BUT NO RAIN IS EXPECTED TODAY!

EXPECT HIGH 60'S, LOW 70'S.

:D

See everyone shortly!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Great times were had.... although 0 mkIIs showed up, epic fail on that Jeff, but you pulled off in 1 attempt what I tried 5 times to do. Double digit Supras in Indiana. Gratz.

Nice meeting/seeing everyone again. next year I may even have a Supra at the meet... Pending spousal approval, of course.

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
Today was wonderful.
I just want to see the videos.
I really want to see them now.
But I do realize that they take time to make.
Pics dont on the other hand.
So lets see them.
I'm also stoked about my 158hp and 172tq.
Hopefully I will have guidence in getting it
to the 350-400 mark.

I had a blast meeting everyone.
How to see the indy people more often.
And hope to see the out of towners in either ohio or chicago.

Bring on the pics!!!!!!!!:icon_bigg

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Could not have asked for anything more, guys.

I'm still burnt krispy at the moment, So unfortunately I don't have the patience nor strength to sit here stiff and upload all the videos and pictures...

BUT THEY WILL COME!

Again, I thank you all for the kind words......But seriously, this meet wouldn't have been anything if you guys wouldn't have came. ;)

Speaking of...I've got a few ***not so good words*** to have with some of you who planned to show and skipped out. Shame on you!
Fortunately, it was your loss, and not ours. :)

If you're reading this, Hopefully means that you had a safe trip home.

I threatened to be done trying to put together meets...but, after this, I'm forever more than happy to try to put together something for this amazing community.

Thanks again, guys.

:)

Jeff

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
^no problem Jeff I had a blast and I would do it again.
Hopefully next year I Will a little more progress on mine
for the dyno.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
Had a great time guys. Glad to meet everyone. Hope to be able to attend another one soon. I will post pics as soon as I can. Not now though, Im BEAT.

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
*sigh*.

The dyno was not "jacked up" Quinlan.

Just a Dyno Comp. That's all.

They're rated far below what a DynoJet's rollers would create.
Of course, DynoJet calibrating the higher numbers of all the different kinds of dynos, people have just become second natured to referring to their numbers as "DynoJet" numbers, because DJ's read high.

The slope, however...Was an issue that I feared would've happened to one of the Supras today.

Rest assure, had they known it would've bottomed out one of the pipes under your car...They probably would've been MUCH more cautious.
Obviously, after that happened, they were 10x more careful getting the other Supras up on the rollers.

What piece was damaged again, LD?

Also, they really should've done all 4th gear pulls. I know they were doing 3rd gear pulls on some. Higher gear = More load = NOT revving to redline in .25 seconds.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
I finally made it home about 12:30am and no sooner then two mins after getting home, neighbors across the street were throwing punches and other misc objects while cussing each other out...so I called the cops. Next door neighbors witness the beginning event couple mins before I showed, had already called the cops as well. Then before you know it, six squad cars come racing down the street, surrounded the house, knocked on the doors and windows but got no answer so they left. I went inside my house and came back out to get something from my truck then went to my next door neighbors to ask wtf was going on....

...then the guy came back out and starts yelling at my next door neighbors and I something along the lines of "you should get your fact straight before you send people knocking on our windows...." and right then, two police officers jumped out of their squad car(which happened to be parked just down the street a little bit, lights were turned off) and totally pwnt them.

Problem is, we might be having some community relationship now that these idiots got the cops called on...so I'll be sure to carry my little angel with me. On other notes, I have some pictures to upload, but too tired right now.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Boost Lee;1017659 said:
Speaking of...I've got a few ***not so good words*** to have with some of you who planned to show and skipped out. Shame on you!
Fortunately, it was your loss, and not ours. :)
Jeff

Hey, sorry I missed out on the IRP action! I joined you guys as soon as the throbbing in my head subsided enough to allow me to do so. :)

Thanks for putting together the meet Jeff, and it was nice seeing all you folks!

Here's a crappy pic from my cameraphone to whet your appetites:
2482539222_d6e3a8e544_o.jpg

Wrapping up the meet at BW3s in Greenwood.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Yeah Jeff, great job on putting the meet together. ;) It was a blast :sarcasm:

I hope you plan another one really soon.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Oh, You know I've always got nothing but good words for you! :biglaugh:

I was actually referring to some of the guys that seemed so dedicated to coming...and haven't heard a peep from them.

Oh well. Guess that's part of having Regional based events such as this with owners driving from sister states...As opposed to SRT4 or Subaru groupies are always local.

Again, thanks for coming together, guys. It means a lot.
I know that as harsh as gas prices are right now, it's kind of tough to budge in on driving such long distances.......But hey, I/we will try to improve in the years to come...and try to make it a bit more worthwhile for you guys.

And per usual, things will never go perfect...But there's no way to improve on them for next time around if we don't start somewhere. ;)

Heck, by next year, If I hit the lotto, I'll just buy everyone Garmin GPS' instead of maps/directions on paper. :)

Someone needs to make a thread titled "INDY SUPRA MEET 2008 PICS THREAD" or something of that nature, in General Discussions...So people can see how we thrown things down in the midwest. :biglaugh:

Heading to bed, guys. To all the mommies, have a wonderful Happy Mothers Day, and happy boostings (and not-so-much boostings) to all.

:)

Jeff

:EDIT: Andrew - You fail. LOL.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
It was great fun. Some of you missed out. Tiring and expensive but fun. Glad I got to make this one. Still very happy with the quality of people in the community. Bunch of good people at this meet. Glad I got to meet all of you in person. Time to head home!