Indiana Supra Meet - May 10, 2008! (Merging with WWIV)

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Jeff,

Fantastic job Saturday. Winged warrior was awsome. Loved Nate's mk3 beating an mk4. Sorry to the mk4 owner didn't catch your name. Dynoing was pretty cool, looooonnnnggggggggggggg, but cool. Soon as I get time I will post pics and vids. Still wipped out, got home at midnight, woke up at 6am had to be in Orland Park by 8am. Now that I am bac zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SuicideSuprA70

Suicide By Metal
Nov 4, 2007
Indianapolis
sean210;1018354 said:
We need the dyno videos!!!!
Hopfully some one got mine.

I do believe i got everyone that was on the dyno. I will be going through the videos SOON and finding out which ones were just on and off (no footage) and the good ones... WILL BE POSTING SOON! today was re-energize day!

GOOD TIMES THOUGH!!! Great turnout! Thanks to everyone that came!!!! ::w00t::::w00t::

Matt

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
TEASER!!!11!!1!!

p1018395_1.jpg

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
so who got high hp?? i should have run mine and got about the same as last time...469hp/425trq on a dyno dynamics. nice turnout though. we need a nice day for a cookout get together

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
I am going to start an Indy pic thread back under general discussion if there's not one there already. I've got a dozen pics ready to go.

Thank you Jeff for pulling everything together! We appreciate the time you put into this gathering.

As you already know, I opted out of the dyno. There's too many unknowns about my engine, and the car had to make a 3 hr trip home (it did fine!). However, after much thought, I believe the dyno is overrated, not to mention very stressful on the engine. There is so much more to a car than HP figures. You can have a 400 HP car, but if you don't have the right tires, the right suspension, and right intake, the right exhaust, that car might get beaten by a lesser HP vehicle with the proper equipment. I think the quarter mile is a much more significant test than the dyno.

Also, IMHO, the overall condition of the car is important. What good is a properly tuned engine if the door is rusting off? How impressive is it if the side moldings are missing? Its the whole package guys. I know, its alot of time and $$. But don't lose sight of the car while building up the engine.

Yes, you can talk smack without the HP figures..I do it all the time =)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
sean210, you seemed like a nice guy. LMK when you plan on starting the swap, I'll help out if you don't plan on cutting corners. :icon_bigg

My advice to you on the swap... do a full na->T swap, all the electronics and stuff from a turbo car. If you go this route there's no second guessing if you're gonna be OK or not... plus it looks stock.

Pic thread up?

if so, needs more mkII. :sarcasm:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
im still dissapointed my car only showed 284hp on the dyno... i should be easily into the 300s with my set up. sure feels alot faster than 284..lol im pretty sure the low numbers are from the boost droping though.. i need to figure out whats causing my boost to go from 15 down to 7 like it did on the dyno. :S

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
mkiiSupraMan18;1018450 said:
sean210, you seemed like a nice guy. LMK when you plan on starting the swap, I'll help out if you don't plan on cutting corners. :icon_bigg

My advice to you on the swap... do a full na->T swap, all the electronics and stuff from a turbo car. If you go this route there's no second guessing if you're gonna be OK or not... plus it looks stock.

Same to you< and I agree 100%

Quin;1018458 said:
I'm down to help too.

Clueless;1018518 said:
I'm always down for helping as well

Wow, I appreciate it extremely. I'm not trying to sound all sentimental
on you guys (and everyone else) but its been one of my biggest dreams
to one of the guys in a group everyone is amazed by.
Ok no more.

Well If you all would like you could send me a list (PM)
of all the electronics I will need to do the swap.
I pretty much got it planned how I'm going to start.
And thats buying the parts slowly, then get a different daily
(when its affordable). After I have everything the swap will be attemped.

Again thank you!

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
sean210;1018540 said:
Well If you all would like you could send me a list (PM)
of all the electronics I will need to do the swap.
I pretty much got it planned how I'm going to start.
And thats buying the parts slowly, then get a different daily
(when its affordable). After I have everything the swap will be attemped.

Again thank you!

You really don't need much to swap from NA to Turbo.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Find an old rusted out RK Turbo car of the same year and swap it over... it will be cheaper and easier since it will have all the parts on it anyway. I bought the turbo car I got the swap from for like $200. Or find a running turbo car and swap it over into your NA car so your insurance wont go up...

Someone here locally would probably pick the shell up from you when you were finished as well.

There aren't a whole lot of electronics that you'd need to pick up...