Doward's 375rwhp Build.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
If you're doing an oil filter relocation anyway, or have the engine already out, I would seriously consider doing it. So far, I like the way the manifold is built.

Oh yeah, you also have to relocate the charcoal canister. Now that I've cleaned up the engine bay a bit, I suppose I should start re-wiring the main body harness, and start putting it all back together :D A weekend with the Supra :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Here's today's work:
wiring.jpg

It may not look like much, but my wiring was filled with grime and craptasticularness. You can see on the right side, what I have not done yet. I've also uncovered a couple of wires that were attempted to be fixed by one of the poor car's previous owners - TSRM shows that those wires run one of the washer pumps :) That'll get fixed, as well. ;)

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Doward said:
Here's today's work:
wiring.jpg

It may not look like much, but my wiring was filled with grime and craptasticularness. You can see on the right side, what I have not done yet. I've also uncovered a couple of wires that were attempted to be fixed by one of the poor car's previous owners - TSRM shows that those wires run one of the washer pumps :) That'll get fixed, as well. ;)
Looks good Doward :icon_bigg

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Looking great Doward!!

The engine bay looks hawt :) Did you leave the brake booster and master cylinder on when you painted?

Got any tips for the AC and brake lines? :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Sure did - and I taped up anything I didn't want painted :D

I'm interested to see how it looks when it goes back together. I'm thinking I'm going to do a blue and grey color scheme under the hood :cool:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
A couple of wires had been cut/spliced, but no - no damage. Just severe dirt/grime. :) The stock convoluted tubing was just completely shot, so I hope it'll look much nicer all re-done in new tubing.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
So with the wiring almost done, I've decided to start on some interior projects. Namely, LED interior lighting.

So I just placed the following order @ superbrightleds.com -

3 x red 74 LEDs
4 x amber 74 LEDs
7 x green 74 LEDs
1 x white 74 LED
6 x green 5 wide LEDs
1 x amber 5 wide LED
1 x blue 5 wide LED
1 x white 5 wide LED
3 x white 3022-9 festoon LEDs
2 x white 3022-4 festoon LEDs
2 x white 3022-4 festoon LEDs
2 x red 3022-2 festoon LEDs
2 x white BA9s wide angle LEDs

Goal with all these: Replace every single bulb in the dash cluster (1 x white 74, 4 x amber 74s, 3x red 74s, 1 x green 74, 6 x green 5 LEDs, 1 x blue 5 LED, 1 x amber 5 LED)

1 of the 3022x4 white LEDs is for the vanity mirror
1 of the 3022x9 white LEDs is for the rear cargo area
2 of the 3022x9 white LEDs are going to be custom fitted into the dome lights

Now, for the courtesy lights, I don't know if I want the 2 x 3022-4s in red or white - so I ordered both ;)

The BA9s are just to see how the 'wide angle' LED does in the overhead dome light, before I modify it.

Also ordered up a set of Hella e-code 200mm housings - they will be here Monday, I hope :)

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
Doward said:
A preview, of things to come (nah, just figured I'd go ahead and start working on the oil feed/return lines.

preview1.JPG
That turbo sure looks familiar:biglaugh:. Looks like you found out how to mount it with the elbow. I really want to see what kind of power you get out of this so I can kick myself later.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL.

Ok, so the LEDs are ordered. Just ordered a convoluted tubing kit from Summit Racing, in order to finish my main body harness' wiring, as well as 3 sets of insulated clamps (1/4", 1/2", and 3/4"). My wiring is going to be BOLTED in place ;) No damn plastic clamps here!

Hmm.. what else should I do while I'm at it?

A remote start system would be nice... as would keyless entry.

Hey, how about an under hood LED light! That would kick ass for those times I need to check something under the hood at night.

Wonder how the LEDs would handle the engine heat, though....

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I :love: my autopage alarm system, i have the RS866 I think is the model, 2-way Remote Start LCD pager alarm system, and installed it on 2 different cars, my DD Supra and my friend's Dodge Stealth, it was the top of the line one at the time, now they have a version with a full color remote :aigo:

Very sleek, like it better than my roomates Clifford remote start system.

One downside I found is that none are compatible or legal with a manual transmission, unless of course you disable the clutch start switch, which is very easy and that's what I did. This is dangerous though! I've personally never had any problems, my e-brake works great, and I always let off the clutch before shutting down the engine, so parking in gear doesn't happen, if you use the turbo timer it will also help to ensure it.

The other downside, is that the turbo timer (unless it's been updated) has no way to automatically engage, you have to push 2 buttons before you take out the keys, I'm pretty sure it's like this with all alarm's though! They don't compare to a real turbo timer's features, unless like I said, things have been updated in newer models! I hope so because I plan to get a new one for my other Supra when it runs :)

It's great having a fully functioning alarm system with keyless entry, the remote start has other nice features too, like if you need to make a quick stop you can just push the remote start button again, get out the car, arm it, and leave it running for a preset amount of time :D

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You'll have to disable the clutch start switch. All remote starters that I know of are only made for autos... If you want one, you'll have to go under the radar with it ;).