Doward's 375rwhp Build.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Free parts ftw, eh? :D

Now to get these Probe pistons rolling... as soon as I get my set, everything will be going to Tachyon for machine work. :cool:

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I'm curious how you get rid of that corrosion under the battery tray, I have the same problem :(

This thread is kick-ass, I'm subscribed :)

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Yes, the battery tray IS welded onto the chassis. You'll have to remove it or find a place that can sandblast it without damaging the rest of the car.

An idea would be to remove the tray and relocate the battery. That's what I'm doing.

Checkout pics here vvvvv

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
well well well -

turbofuel.JPG

It appears my Automatic Cherry Coke Destroyer has arrived ;) As well as a set of Rochestor 680cc low ohm injectors. What's that you say? The stock fuel injector clips won't work?

Not a problem - I've still got 2 GM V6 fuel rails, complete with wiring - I will scavenge the pigtails from there ;)

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
well as far as engine paint goes theres the Duplicolor rattle can. looks good on mine but it hasnt been WEAR tested yet. Only a few miles on it . Ive heard good and bad BUT it always boils down to surface prep.
Love your work so far Keep it up!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Finally got a little bit done! I got the ABS actuator removed, rubber-capped the brake lines, and got the rest of the little doo-dads out of the way ;) (hope I remember where they went!)

I'll get the pics up later, though. I only got to do a little bit, but the engine bay is almost ready for a good scrub down :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
tems.JPG

Yeah, my TEMS covers' rubberized 'disc' is totally shot. Anybody know if the newer TEMS covers will fit over the older TEMS actuators?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Alright! Here's what I started with -
begin.JPG

Rusty battery tray:
batterytrayrust.JPG

I pray I don't regret pulling all these through that damn hole...
omgwtfwires.JPG

And how it ended up:
end.JPG

Non-rusty battery tray:
batterytray.JPG

I think I'm going to pull the master cylinder tomorrow, as well as the rack and pinion and A/C condenser, in order to clean more as well as shoot the whole bay in this flat black primer.