Fargo ND
My polished turds!!!!:icon_razz

p514381_1.jpg

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
akito said:
yea, i want to kno the process of getting them bladez to look that nice too. So there IS a difference in POLISHED blades and CRHOME right? For the CHROME ones do i have to get them sprayed? I would love to know more about it. Doing this mod until enough money is saved for new rims.^_^

You cannot spray on chrome like that, you have to have the wheels electroplated...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I've stripped my blades but still have some "stuff" on them I can't seem to get off. I don't know if it's primer or what. It's nowhere near as bad now as it is in the picture I've attached. I was able to get most of it with more applications of stripper but there is still some on it and no matter how much I scrub and reapply stripper it's still there. Does someone know what this is and tell me how to remedy it?

p525787_1.jpg

Last edited:

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
I havent done this to my saw blades yet, but I plan to this summer. You just need to buy a can or two of aerosol aircraft paint remover. Spray it on, let it sit for only a couple minutes max, then hose off. Those are instructions that I got from someone on here and his look great. I used the paint remover on my IC (someone had painted it white) and it took the paint right off back to the original brushed aluminum finish.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
look at my build thread on how to do it johnathan has one to

just spray the stuff on and wait then wash it off with a hose the take a really fine grit sand paper and just start wet sanding then clean it off sand clean sand clean till it look really shiny the poilish it