chrome sawblades?????

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
gtsfirefighter said:
I've stripped my blades but still have some "stuff" on them I can't seem to get off. I don't know if it's primer or what. It's nowhere near as bad now as it is in the picture I've attached. I was able to get most of it with more applications of stripper but there is still some on it and no matter how much I scrub and reapply stripper it's still there. Does someone know what this is and tell me how to remedy it?

p526242_1.jpg

How long did you leave the stripper on for? Do the darker parts feel rough when you run your fingernail accross it?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I do.
And yes I do also know that the saw blades are on backwards. They are since fixed and one day I may get better pictures of them.

597759_3_full.jpg

597759_9_full.jpg

597759_12_full.jpg

Last edited:

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Those are the pictures of when I first got the car, so you would have to ask the original owner. The hood scoop is functional but I plan to go back to a stock hood when I get her painted. The extra fog lights will also be going away sometime in the future as well.

You should have seen the car when I first got her. The previous owner had put all sorts of F&F vinals all over the car. It took me the rest of the day to get them all off.

597759_19_full.jpg

The sad part is I trusted a friend to put the rear tires on one time while I took car of something up on the engine. Needles to say he damage the chrome finish with the wrentch by accident. A hard lesson in, if you want something done right.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Here's a crappy cellphone pic of the passenger side. They look good from a distance. And, they are not polished yet

Attachments

• strippedwheels.jpg
    strippedwheels.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 67
  • strippedwheels2.jpg
    strippedwheels2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
johnathan1 said:
You should have only left the stripper on for 1-2 mins MAX. It looks like it ate through the machined finish. I would find some new saws.

I followed the directions on the can, which said it may take up to 30 minutes and multiple applications. I can run my fingernail across the rough spots very hard and scrape some stuff off. It feels gluish. I used Aircraft paint stripper in an aerosol can.

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
lol its really powerful stuff. it made the paint on my IC bubble right off. i got a can from i think checker auto. i havent checked other places, but im sure they have it too. there were actually a couple different kinds, but mine does specifically say "aircraft paint stripper".

^ beat me to it