chrome sawblades?????

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
swaq said:
I believe some center caps are metal.

exactly:icon_bigg And they are made from somekind of metal ( I don't know what) and they kinda don't get polished...The scrubbing does nothing. Dunno why. Even with like 400 wetsand I had to push really hard to get any marks on the caps.
Sorry for the dirty rim :)
p651854_1.jpg

Last edited:

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Sooo... I stripped the paint, then wetsand with 400/600/800/1000/1200/1500 then used some different polished, like 30, 75 or smt.. and then handpolished with 80 or 85. Then I covered the rim with adhesive papertape and cut out the slots, and painted them.
My car has almost black moldings, and I can try with black center caps, though I don't think I'd like the style. Let me go and try :)

Edit: Damn, the cap wasn't full black :(

Yay, I can see myself :D

Last edited:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
sex, i think i know what im going to be doing with my saws now.....

what kind of paint did you use? just some rattle can wheel paint?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
Yep, some acrylic black paint and then acrylic lacquer on it. Let's see how it holds up :D
It is the coolness in the sun, when looking under angle.. Or just under angle :).. you can't see the scratches then :D

Now some guys advised to use boatwax on the whole rim... Gotta try that.

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ValgeKotkas said:
Sooo... I stripped the paint, then wetsand with 400/600/800/1000/1200/1500 then used some different polished, like 30, 75 or smt.. and then handpolished with 80 or 85. Then I covered the rim with adhesive papertape and cut out the slots, and painted them.
My car has almost black moldings, and I can try with black center caps, though I don't think I'd like the style. Let me go and try :)

Edit: Damn, the cap wasn't full black :(

Yay, I can see myself :D
Holy hell, that is hot butt seckz right thar! LOL
Mind if I copy you?:biglaugh::biglaugh:

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
So you want a poster of me shining in the sawblade? :D These could actually look really good on your car... You might as well try it :) Whyyy oooo whhyy didn't factory make 17'' saws :(
But now I need a lowerage :D

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ValgeKotkas said:
So you want a poster of me shining in the sawblade? :D These could actually look really good on your car... You might as well try it :) Whyyy oooo whhyy didn't factory make 17'' saws :(
But now I need a lowerage :D

17" saws would kick ass

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
gtsfirefighter said:
I followed the directions on the can, which said it may take up to 30 minutes and multiple applications. I can run my fingernail across the rough spots very hard and scrape some stuff off. It feels gluish. I used Aircraft paint stripper in an aerosol can.
Those wheels aren't ruined, you just haven't finished taking the paint off. That's what's still gooey. It will take about 3 cans of the stuff and a small brass wire brush. They will look really shiney when finished, you don't even need to sand them. I know, I've done 2 sets in the past. If you have the plastic center caps, buy a really shiny silver paint and it will match up fairly well.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
CryoSlash said:
because that would be too much metal going into the scrap bin where they belong :)
I don't think so now :D

Search for some metal caps if needed, maybe you can find some easily. I found like 1 piece from 2 sets I had... then when the wreck Supra rolled in... voila, 3 metal caps :) . Then once looked on one guys supe... voila, 4 more :D Now I have 8 altogether :icon_bigg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
p652196_1.jpg

can someone photoshop the black to white, with black toyota lettering?

edit
valge, that "supra" body you had, can you tell me the wing that was on it?

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
^Btw... I'd like to know, maybe someone has ideas, how to paint the TOYOTA letters black....on the metal caps... It'd be kinda hard to it the way I did the big holes.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
YES, once it's dry it's not coming off without a lot of effort

I do that on models and stuff to show panel lines (even done it to interior parts on old cars where the paint had chipped off)

it's easier with water based paints since you only need water, but I'd use some good automotive paint for that...