AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
AF1jZ i did this last night @ my job with the motor OUT and it was still a bitch. GL Bro!

before
sm_photo_missing.jpg

after
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

also replacing the p/s pump & took off the ac compressor.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p/s i didn't like the gaskets provided as it was the same thickness of 1 gasket and they were two on each of my twins, so i used one all metal and the gasket provided by with the y pipe, i should have probably used both metal ones but o well. its all tightened and i don't want to take them off again.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Looking good man. I'm taking a little break. I just have to take off the stock flex/downpipe and I will hopefully be able to get to the bottom bolts to the manifolds. I'm trying to find a reason to stop working on it. But, don't have one yet. It's going a lot pretty smooth though, until now.

Woot, I passed 100 posts.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I fucking hate those stupid turbos. I got a little bit further than shown in the picture. I just have to take the 3 nuts off the bottom of the manifolds and they are off. I broke my "custom" 14mm. I had heated it up and bent it for some other project and it snapped. So, it was my only one and have to get another one. So, hopefully I'll have them off today (it's 2am right now).

Also, here's a picture of me and the wife after some drinking tonight for those that didn't look at the "faces to name" thread. I looked thrilled huh? I was tired as fawk!!!

p620584_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
pro? ha. I'm just unfortunate enough to have had to do it as well. Yeah, I took them off from the manifold. Do you have any ratcheting wrenches? Stubby ones. Those help... alot

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I got the bastards off today. I was too lazy to put them back on. I'll get to it this week because of the Philly meet on friday. Here's a couple pics of the removal.

p621010_1.jpg

p621010_2.jpg

p621010_3.jpg

kc10mec

Welcome to the suck!
Nov 4, 2006
central NJ
AF1JZ said:
You like my busted ass steering wheel? You should see further left...it's like someone took a big bite out of it. I'm going to get an aftermarket one some day.

It's just weight reduction plus you can drive faster with one hand on the wheel!::hah:: Anyway hows it goin smalls?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
AF1JZ said:
I got the bastards off today. I was too lazy to put them back on. I'll get to it this week because of the Philly meet on friday. Here's a couple pics of the removal.

p621057_1.jpg

p621057_2.jpg

p621057_3.jpg

Make sure to use new gaskets for those oil lines.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
LilMissMkIII said:
Yay for progress!!!!!

::w00t:: How's your ride coming along? Anyday now right?

kc10mec said:
It's just weight reduction plus you can drive faster with one hand on the wheel!::hah:: Anyway hows it goin smalls?

You have a point homes. It's going pretty good. I just want to be done with this car (yea right). Should be done in a couple of days. I'm waiting for the Koyo OEM radiator that I bought from Kylefoto to finish it up. How's the desert treating you. Heard they took away days off for a couple. That place blows

OneJoeZee said:
Make sure to use new gaskets for those oil lines.

Aye Captain :biglaugh:

kc10mec

Welcome to the suck!
Nov 4, 2006
central NJ
It's good they didn't take the days off away just the cock blocks (new name for cut backs):biglaugh: but we got them back. They did cange my day off without telling me so I get to work two weeks untill my next day off! Shweet!
Any project will never be done around our houses!