AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
WTF is that :aigo: ?! That is fucking badass!!! You just have toys left and right. I'm definitly making my way over there.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I have family coming up this weekend for the airshow on base. Probably soon after that though. My car is running pretty strong.

I'm going to attempt to put my y-pipe and downpipe tomorrow and install my gauges maybe. I don't know if I want to put them in the stock spots or get the lotek pillar gauge pod. Also, do you know if there are any write-ups on putting LED's inplace of the regular bulbs?

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Did some more cleaning of the engine bay. Painted the valve covers, cam gear cover, intake pipe, intercooler pipes, and bov adapter pipe. I also painted the rear trim to match the rest.

Today was my last day of time off from the deployment. I have to go back to work tomorrow :(. I still have to put those gauges in and install the y-pipe and downpipe. But, my welder took a shit today and I have to do some fab work to use the downpipe because of the flanges. So, who knows when that will get done.

Also, I looked for the LED mod for the gauge cluster and came up short. Does anyone know where I could find the how-to on that? Thanks.

p608209_1.jpg

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
Wow I don't know how I missed this thread. Awesome car man the swap looks really clean.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
SupraJDS said:
Wow I don't know how I missed this thread. Awesome car man the swap looks really clean.

I'm very sneaky. Thanks for looking :icon_bigg

I'll take care of it while you go back to work.

just bring it to CA.

Ok, just pay for my gas and a flight home. But, I'm gonna need it back for this weekend. That cool Kyle?

MidShipCivic

Honda/Nissan/Mitsubishi
Sep 19, 2005
Orlando Florida
AF1JZ said:
Replacing all the bulbs in the back of the gauge cluster with LED's.

The light wont diffuse properly ( spread out and light the numbers evenly) .

A bright halogen bulb thats brighter with a shade of blue would work ( better for your eyes really)

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
MidShipCivic said:
The light wont diffuse properly ( spread out and light the numbers evenly) .

A bright halogen bulb thats brighter with a shade of blue would work ( better for your eyes really)

Cool, thanks

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
werewolves182 said:
Fab work on the DP, how so?

Because I don't have a flange where the stock cat is. I have an aftermarket one that I welded in. My flange is at the end of the stock 1jz downpipe and one at the rear end. So, it won't just bolt up.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Yes Mr. BSG, how can I help you.

Not much new. I installed a electric boost gauge and electric water temp gauge yesterday. I just tried to take a pic, but I'm kinda buzzed and can't hold a camera still. But, here is a pic anyway. I'm going to get the oil pressure gauge soon to finish it off. I wish that prosport gauges made a gas level gauge to top if off.

I might tackle the y-pipe this weekend. It is suppose to rain and I don't know if I feel like being out there. I also have to get the 2jz cams shaved a hair to fit the 1jz head as well.

EDIT: You like my busted ass steering wheel? You should see further left...it's like someone took a big bite out of it. I'm going to get an aftermarket one some day.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Thought I'd tell you guys that I'm going out to attempt to take off the twins and install the y-pipe. If I don't come back tonight with pics, things didn't go as planned.