AF1JZ aka AFone's build up thread

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Well, it is beautiful outsite and decided to detail the car. The exterior is all done, just have to do the interior now. Here are some pics after detailing. I don't think this car has been washed and waxed for years.

BTW, yes the targa is dark silver and the rear moldings are darker gray. I'm waiting on the targa till the car gets painted and I'm going to probably spray the moldings today. Enjoy.

p607014_1.jpg

p607014_2.jpg

p607014_3.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
buckshotglass said:
You don't need paint.;) It looks great.

Yea, your right. It's just the bumpers, moldings and targa top. When you get closer to it, you will notice the imperfections. But, I can live with it for now.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Some new parts came in the mail today. The Prosport gauges, electric water temp, electric boost, and AF ratio. I still have to order the oil pressure gauge.

p607053_1.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
More stuff. UPS guy generously gave these to me :biglaugh: .
More boost, yea!!! Not sure when I want to take the tasking to install this bad boy.

p607070_1.jpg

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Two shitty things happened today....

1. Went to take the wife for a drive and got up to about 90. Then we came back and noticed my pass. door trim was gone. I guess I didn't have it on there properly and it flew off. I went back out and found it. So, all is well.

2. Haven't even had this car on the road for 2 days now and got pulled over. It was only for not having the front plate mounted. I had it in my windshield. I guess I'll be doing that tomorrow. I didn't even get a warning :biglaugh: .

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
AF1JZ said:
More stuff. UPS guy generously gave these to me :biglaugh: .
More boost, yea!!! Not sure when I want to take the tasking to install this bad boy.

p607313_1.jpg

Damn, that came very fast! Glad to hear you like um, I think you will be more impressed at the difference they make on the car.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
werewolves182 said:
Damn, that came very fast! Glad to hear you like um, I think you will be more impressed at the difference they make on the car.

Yea, thank a lot again. I'll go do a feedback right now. You are only about 2 hours from here anyway. I coulda drove down there. Not sure when I'm going to install them. I have to build up some motivation again. I'll probably get bored tomorrow and do it knowing me :biglaugh: .

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
haha, yeah it does take some motivation to take the twins off. When you take the twins off there will be 2 metal gaskets between each turbo and the stock y-pipe. When you use the new y-pipe, only use 1 of those gaskets on each turbo and put a small bead of High Temp RTV on both sides of the gasket.

AF1JZ

Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
buckshotglass said:
I wish now I had said something about the licum plate when I posted earlier. I thought about how wrong that is, especially in Jersey. Did you tell the cop you are AFone??;)

Licum? It's cool though. I'm going to mount it tomorrow.

I didn't have to say anything. I just held up my cell phone and he got the point. You still going to the philly meet?